Which pro does your game compare most to? - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 24th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #196
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which pro does your game compare most to?

I have a low ball toss on my serve. I like being the aggressor off of both wings. Can hit my forehand really big at times, but my backhand is definitely my more stable shot. Movement is probably my biggest strength. I can run for days and chase down pretty much anything.

I would say I play similar to Monfils or Andy Murray (sadly)

My on-court attitude: I get really pissed off, but I conceal it very well. I usually come across as relaxed/focused. I may say a few come on's every once in a while, but nothing too over the top. I talk to myself often. I usually never let nerves get to me in important moments of a match. I just come across as very stoic/serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 01:18 AM   #197
country flag The Bulldog

The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of The Bulldog has much to be proud of

Benoit Paire is a good comparison. We have the same strengths and weaknesses.
The Bulldog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 01:41 AM   #198
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Erakovic forehand Seles backhand. Errani serve

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 05:11 PM   #199
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

I think my game has evolved so much in the past year. I've got a reliable and heavy forehand that I can flatten for speed but only with a 50/50 hot or miss frequency. My 2-handed backhand is my weapon ala Hantuchova (Indian Wells Final style) or Puig (during the Kerber match).

My two weaknesses have to be mental game and serve consistency. I still need to work on those. On a good day I can hold serve at 40-15 or at love ... but on a bad day ... 1 DF min per service game.

And I've got the speed/flexiblity of Clijsters...splits and all.
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 07:57 PM   #200
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

on HC and indoor I very much remind of Flavia, with a pretty powerful and accurate 1st serve and a so so 2nd serve, solid return and great movement. FH with a lot of spin, but solid and BH to finish off DTL.

on clay I just am an hopeless case, somewhat a reverse Niculescu with all slice BH and often slice FH and super topspin FH

look-wise I guess my movements look like Kerber's

I definitely suck on clay, must be the only Italian

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested

Last edited by Fantasy Hero : Jan 2nd, 2013 at 08:06 PM.
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:49 PM   #201
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

^ I'm Spanish and I suck on clay too

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 08:56 PM   #202
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
^ I'm Spanish and I suck on clay too

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #203
country flag Cheda 16.17

Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of Cheda 16.17 has much to be proud of

I can compare with Jelena Jankovic, Masha and Kvitova... I tried to play with left hand and every forehand diagonal was in Touches every line. But my backhand is like Sharapova's. Serve I don't know, movement Jelena's and forehand I don't know... Maybe like Harrison's.. If i'm on my best. When I play really awful, it looks like Fail Michelle..
Doubles: 2013 ITF Koksijde w/TheJoh, ITF Westende-Middelkerke w/TheJoh; 2014- WTA Auckland w/TheJoh, ITF Tinajo II w/TTomek, ITF Osprey w/TheJoh, WTA s'Hertogenbosch w/TheJoh, ITF Contrexeville w/TheJoh

Wimbledon 2013: #BestCarrer Entrance: as Alt Played R3

Last edited by Cheda 16.17 : Dec 26th, 2013 at 04:10 PM.
Cheda 16.17 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #204
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reephoria. View Post
Jarka. Plan A: Ball bash. Plan B: Ball bash harder. I'm such a tragic Reetard though my serve is the same as Serena's (technique only, sadly)
This is till pretty much the same however with some Kerber in the mix now, I can push if I don't give a fuck and I have kind of adopted her on court attitude I alter my service motion and it was find of like Kimberly's which made it more consistent with significantly less pace but I've reverted back to my Serena motion, I'm complacent with serving doubles at least my technique will look good while I do it I really don't know who my ground strokes would compare to on a technical level because I've never seen footage of myself playing.
Old Jan 13th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #205
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheda 16.17 View Post
I can compare with Jelena Jankovic, Masha and Kvitova... I tried to play with left hand and every forehand diagonalue was in touches every line. But my backhand is like Sharapova's. Serve I don't know, movement Jelena's and forehand I don't know... Maybe Harrison's.
Harrison's forehand?! I would love to play against you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #206
country flag Sammo

I'm also a brainless ball basher most of the time but if the other player is even more brainless than me I adopt a King Vulture attitude I really need to improve my serve though, one can't be a certified ball basher with such a shitty 120 kmh serve

Old Jan 19th, 2013, 07:09 AM   #207
country flag Mashabator
5 Grand Slams

Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute Mashabator has a reputation beyond repute

I sadly resemble parts of my 3 favs: Sharapova, Dokic and Lisicki. Pretty much a ballbasher

Maria Sharapova + Jelena Dokic + Sabine Lisicki + Vania King + Julia Goerges + Victoria Duval
Mashabator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:06 AM   #208
country flag Grigorpova

Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of Grigorpova has much to be proud of

Forehand like Sharapova. Backhand like Ivanovic. Serve like Serena/Lisicki.

Game has changed alot since last six months.
Grigorpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 11:16 AM   #209
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Copied Vania's serve. It has been the easiest and feels really comfortable.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 09:48 AM   #210
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about other aspects of my game but I played today and my two handed backhand was sweet and exact copy of the Williams sisters' open stance two handed backhand. I can go inside out, DTL or cross court with it - topspin or flat. I always hit like this but this is the most consistent I've ever been.

But alas, that's where the similarities end.

Forehand is not too bad but very loopy. I need to learn to flatten it out.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia

Last edited by Sam L : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 10:21 AM.
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote