Mona Barthel - Page 324 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #4846
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Pretty up and down, she can be great at times and abysmal at other times, it all depends on whether she is "in the groove" at that moment.

She alternates between unplayable and unwatchable. I sympathise with her wholeheartedly, it's really difficult when you can't figure out how to stay in control of that fantastic level of play. When she plays at her peak level she is balancing on a knife edge, whereas top players have learned to turn that knife edge into a little balance beam which they can stand on, still requiring concentration of course.
Keep it up HowardH ! Such a nice girl like Mona deserves our full support.

Given the complex nature of her game and the fact that she is on the WTA-Tour only since last year we have to accept that she needs more time than other players to mature. I believe we will see the full developped Mona not before 2015. Then there would still be enough time for her to rely on her peak level and to have the success that she clearly deserves. Until then we should enjoy the beauteousness of Mona's game and hope for some peak level matches of her.
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #4847
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Her section in Hobart:

(8)Stephens v Robson
Q v Halep
Q v (wc)Bobusic
Barthel v (2)Cirstea

Tricky 1st round

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Diyas Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #4848
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMatz View Post
Wenn ich das mal so sagen darf, bei dir klingt das immer alles so überdramatisch . Die Australian Open und Hobart haben noch nicht einmal angefangen.
Zumal die Setzpositionen weit hinten glaube ich automatisch bedeuten, dass man in R3 auf eine der Topgesetzten trifft, aber keine Setzposition bedeutet, dass man überall im Draw landen kann. Weiß nicht, ob das immer ein Vorteil ist...
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #4849
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonaraver View Post
Her section in Hobart:

(8)Stephens v Robson
Q v Halep
Q v (wc)Bobusic
Barthel v (2)Cirstea

Tricky 1st round
Yeah, and the QF could be tough as well.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #4850
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonaraver View Post
Her section in Hobart:

(8)Stephens v Robson
Q v Halep
Q v (wc)Bobusic
Barthel v (2)Cirstea

Tricky 1st round
I thought that Hsieh had withdrawn from Hobart so that Mona would have been seeded.

Anyway, i think it wont matter because the whole field of participants is quite even and as we all know given the nature of Mona's game she can win or loose to anyone.

Lets hope for the best!
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #4851
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

typical and annoying defeat for Mona!
A shame that she is often so inconsistent and mentally weak when it matters most, so many 3 sets defeat and not the first time anyway that she lost in a 3rd set TB!
2nd set was great, could have won it easily but well, could or should doesnt count.
It was still a great start for her into 2013 and losing to Wickmayer is no shame at least, hope that she will be at least a bit mor consistent than in 2012 but to make a bigger jump in the ranking she would need a real coach IMO but here we all agree anyway....hope that she will realize that sooner or later.

Hobart draw is tricky but Cirstea is beatable as often brainless, 2nd round would be easier then probably.

Nice to see that she is seeded in Melbourne, good chances to defend her pts there, but she will face one of the to 8 seeds in 3rd round for sure, in best case: Errani
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #4852
country flag Bodensee

Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of Bodensee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Zumal die Setzpositionen weit hinten glaube ich automatisch bedeuten, dass man in R3 auf eine der Topgesetzten trifft, aber keine Setzposition bedeutet, dass man überall im Draw landen kann. Weiß nicht, ob das immer ein Vorteil ist...
Auf eine Top16 gesetzte zu treffen passiert einem als Ungesetzte auch spätestens in Runde 3, wenn man Pech hat schon in Runde 1. Es ist also immer ein Vorteil, wenn man Gesetzt ist.
Bodensee is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #4853
country flag elba

elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of elba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodensee View Post
Auf eine Top16 gesetzte zu treffen passiert einem als Ungesetzte auch spätestens in Runde 3, wenn man Pech hat schon in Runde 1. Es ist also immer ein Vorteil, wenn man Gesetzt ist.
Gesund bleiben, Spass haben, Nervenstärke zeigen und richtig motiviert sein, dann kann man auch Bäume ausreissen.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #4854
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael! View Post
typical and annoying defeat for Mona!
A shame that she is often so inconsistent and mentally weak when it matters most, so many 3 sets defeat and not the first time anyway that she lost in a 3rd set TB!
2nd set was great, could have won it easily but well, could or should doesnt count.
It was still a great start for her into 2013 and losing to Wickmayer is no shame at least, hope that she will be at least a bit mor consistent than in 2012 but to make a bigger jump in the ranking she would need a real coach IMO but here we all agree anyway....hope that she will realize that sooner or later.

Hobart draw is tricky but Cirstea is beatable as often brainless, 2nd round would be easier then probably.

Nice to see that she is seeded in Melbourne, good chances to defend her pts there, but she will face one of the to 8 seeds in 3rd round for sure, in best case: Errani
Yes i think Errani would be a very good matchup for her. When Mona is on she is the kind of player who can blow Errani of the court.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #4855
country flag Tecumseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazillo View Post
Yeah, and the QF could be tough as well.
Mona's section of the draw contains a list of very talented headcases.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #4856
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Not the face of the good days

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Bencic Vekic Kovinic Diyas Smitkova Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Sasnovich Kremen Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #4857
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Hobart hat gestern wohl das Livestreaming per Youtube getestet. Sieht also so aus, dass es auch dieses Jahr wieder den kostenlosen Stream gibt auf dem man Mona begutachten kann.
tennisfreak13 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #4858
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Hobart always has a stream on youtube.

Hobart also has the MONA museum, did you know? It's the Museum of Old and New Art.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #4859
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

They had a stream. But I think it wasn't on Youtube. But as long they upload all matches to youtube everything is fine too.
tennisfreak13 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #4860
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Gook luck vs Cirstea.