Ashleigh Barty - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:23 AM   #781
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future
Re: Ashleigh Barty

Wow great win over Fran 60 63.

Shes such a pleasure in the interviews too. So level headed and relaxed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM   #782
country flag 5tatRacket
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light 5tatRacket is a glorious beacon of light

Come on Barty, let's go party!
(Ah-ah-ah-yeah)
Come on Barty, let's go party!
(uu-oooh-u)
5tatRacket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM   #783
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
So good!!! That's what I'm talkin bout!!

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com App

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:35 AM   #784
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Ash Not taking anything away from Ash. But Schiavone hasnt been her self this week.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:47 AM   #785
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

The shanks are not an issue. She shanks her forehand for the same reason Fed regularly shanks his. The heavy whip forehand, especially when played on the half volley, often will hit the frame if timed incorrectly.

The footwork after a serve is poor, she's too flat footed consistently. She also needs to do better with her defensive shots getting balls deeper, and not right in the middle of the court. None are issues that won't get better with age and experience.

Dominant win against Schiavone, but Schiavone is an absolute shadow of her former self. Still should be a massive confidence booster ahead of the AO.
Dund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:56 AM   #786
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris93 View Post
Ash Not taking anything away from Ash. But Schiavone hasnt been her self this week.
Yeah schiavone hasn't played well the last few months. Good for her because you still have to go out there and execute but no much to take out of this.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM   #787
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

No doubt Schiavone is a shell of her former self, but like guichard said the most important thing is that Ashleigh actually executed and didn't choke/lose focus/etc.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 01:54 PM   #788
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

The first time she plays well at this level, and she gets a bagel

Loved her comments. Really had a go at Novak, saying her return is like his and his serve was easier to play than Ana's When Stoltenberg heard about it he was quite shocked (in a serious way)

And being from the young generation, she knows well of illegally downloading TV shows from the internet and being a couch potato She didn't reveal what it was, I wonder why

Back to tennis...

Her groundstrokes were really good tonight. The serve however wasn't as good as it can be (but still decent).

She has a tendency to be good and/or bad at particular parts of her game every day. Some days her serve is awesome but groundstrokes terrible (like vs Boj) and other days vice-versa. Maybe it is because she practices only on one thing before a match...

Movement is the biggest part she needs to improve on at the moment, like Bernie she has to get used to chasing a lot of balls.
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 02:22 PM   #789
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

She only said Nole's serve was easier to return because she could swing freely, like the pressure was off whereas with Ana's serve she felt more pressure like she was expected to make the returns.

I'm wondering what the TV show is too.. probably shouldnt have mentioned the downloading part but oh well
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:55 PM   #790
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
She only said Nole's serve was easier to return because she could swing freely, like the pressure was off whereas with Ana's serve she felt more pressure like she was expected to make the returns.
Ana had a great serving day too, she was hitting the corners quite regularly.

Apart from getting aced down the T from Seppi, she return his serve very well, kept it low over the net. She was really creaming her forehands yesterday, especially in the doubles match, she was able to run forward to a drop-shot and give it the full swing straight at the body of the person at the net. But Bernie was terrible at the doubles last night, no pace on his shots, just gave easy volley practice to person at net.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:05 AM   #791
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

She drew Pavlyuchenkova R1 of Hobart.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #792
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #793
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Going to be hard, Pavy is playing very well at the moment.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #794
country flag binky-GOAT

Maybe she'll withdraw but should be good xp if they play.

Ash's name has been mentioned in the entry info to Malaysia in February. If true looks like she'll be trying WTA's in 2013.

She's really been enjoying her time in the spotlight this week, she's responded to about 1,000 tweets Even gave away her 2012 tennis bag to the person that guessed correctly the TV show
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:50 PM   #795
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Maybe she'll withdraw but should be good xp if they play.

Ash's name has been mentioned in the entry info to Malaysia in February. If true looks like she'll be trying WTA's in 2013.

She's really been enjoying her time in the spotlight this week, she's responded to about 1,000 tweets Even gave away her 2012 tennis bag to the person that guessed correctly the TV show
Yeah I saw the info about Malaysia, we will know in two weeks if she make it directly. Rogowska(#169) was the last in last year