DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #226
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
And they only play each other if they cant avoid it, Maria never plays an oz open warm up, Serena and Maria skip Dubai, Serena skips Stuttgart, Serena and Vika give walkovers at Rome, Serena and Vika tanked the Us open series Maria skipped it altogether, Serena skipped the Asian swing.
It's pretty funny that you say that when, Serena played Vika 5 times, Maria three times. Vika played Maria like 6 times. I don't know how you can claim they try to avoid each other. They usually met in the finals or semi finals of tournaments last year; and considering the rank that's about right where they should meet.
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #227
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
It's called doing her job. But I know that the whole concept of showing up at a tournament to play and not just do your PR spiel is somewhat unknown to Sharapova fans so you`re excused.
WOW. How nice of her. In fact, how nice of her to retire just moments before her match in front of a crowd full of people each of which spending $80 to well over $100 for a seat to see her play. It was all she could do to walk out there and hit a few balls to the crowd. Wow. Money well spent. Then she limped off for the cameras.

If the injury so called 'worsened' throughout this tournament, I don't see why on earth she would see fit to retire just moments before her match. It didn't just magically happen.

I'd take a PR spiel over blatant disrespect. Hope every single person in that crowd lost respect for her.

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #228
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

GOATdin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #229
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Comparing Djokovic to Azarenka makes no sense.

Djokovic was always a great athlete with all the weapons and a fairly complete game.

Azarenka is a mediocre athlete with only one weapon and a game with various holes.
No and this unique word invalidates everything you said -- you clearly have not seen the Djokovic of 2005-2006 furthermore, he was known to be the biggest quitter of the ATP because of his recurrent mental/physical issues.

Second of all, if Djokovic has all the weapons then Victoria also has all the weapons because tennis-wise, there's nothing Djokovic does differently from Victoria. This comparison obviously would not work if it was Federer --

As for the rest, this is just a weak utilization of logic -- the Azarenka line is also true for every player. Indeed, every player has one major weapon and every player has various wholes in their games -- Djokovic for example, his major weapon is his backhand, his various wholes forehand, hand-skills etc. etc. - your just repeating a truth that brings nothing new in your argumentation, so your failed disambiguation is laughable.

Quote:
she is a player with limited capabilities (unlike for instance Petra)
This is the reason why the ranking reflects that fact. Wouldn't you consider that if a player had more capabilities then by consequence they would be ranked higher ? As Petra isn't ranked higher then you gotta accept the fact that Victoria does have greater capabilities than the rest of her peers [including Petra]. Case closed.
Vikapower is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #230
country flag V.e.s.W

V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all V.e.s.W is a name known to all

Chicken.
Daniela Hantuchova
Serena Williams
V.e.s.W is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #231
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
No and this unique word invalidates everything you said -- you clearly have not seen the Djokovic of 2005-2006 furthermore, he was known to be the biggest quitter of the ATP because of his recurrent mental/physical issues.

Second of all, if Djokovic has all the weapons then Victoria also has all the weapons because tennis-wise, there's nothing Djokovic does differently from Victoria. This comparison obviously would not work if it was Federer --

As for the rest, this is just a weak utilization of logic -- the Azarenka line is also true for every player. Indeed, every player has one major weapon and every player has various wholes in their games -- Djokovic for example, his major weapon is his backhand, his various wholes forehand, hand-skills etc. etc. - so your failed disambiguation is laughable.

This is the reason why the ranking reflects that fact. Wouldn't you consider that if a player had more capabilities then by consequence they would be ranked higher ? As Petra isn't ranked higher then you gotta accept the fact that Victoria does have greater capabilities than the rest of her peers. Case closed.

I cant
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #232
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:

As for the rest, this is just a weak utilization of logic -- the Azarenka line is also true for every player. Indeed, every player has one major weapon and every player has various wholes in their games -- Djokovic for example, his major weapon is his backhand, his various wholes forehand, hand-skills etc. etc. - your just repeating a truth that brings nothing new in your argumentation, so your failed disambiguation is laughable.

This is the reason why the ranking reflects that fact. Wouldn't you consider that if a player had more capabilities then by consequence they would be ranked higher ? As Petra isn't ranked higher then you gotta accept the fact that Victoria does have greater capabilities than the rest of her peers [including Petra]. Case closed.
OK, Vikapower, keep deluding yourself. I'm not going to even bother.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #233
country flag Fighterpova

Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future Fighterpova has a brilliant future

Fighterpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #234
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
It's pretty funny that you say that when, Serena played Vika 5 times, Maria three times. Vika played Maria like 6 times. I don't know how you can claim they try to avoid each other. They usually met in the finals or semi finals of tournaments last year; and considering the rank that's about right where they should meet.
How many of those were outside of the slams/olympics/YEC? exactly they simply only play when they have to (the other meetings came at IW, Madrid and Beijing which are mandatory). The only time any of them met outside of a mandatory tournament was maria and vika at Stuttgart last year. So of the 16 non mandatory tournaments they played between them last year they managed to avoid each other all but once, that isn't a coincidence.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #235
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

in 2005-2006 Djokovic was an 18 y.o teenager and men are maturing later than women, Azarenka is not a teenager for a century or two

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

33 WTA titles , including 13 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #236
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Why on earth would anyone have respect for Vika anyway. The retirement queen, who openly admits to playing and withdrawing from tournaments to avoid zero pointers and fines.

Vika maybe a good tennis player, but she does little to warrant respect. You are Maria fan isn't it enough that Vika has put injury/fatigue in everyone's minds as the reason she has lost to Maria twice last year.

Vika is basically all the bad traits that have crept into women's tennis over the last decade or so rolled into one foul attitude ridden player.
I wouldn't be that harsh but there is a lot of truth and the injury thing doesn't really hurt since even Maria doesn't pay attention to Vika's acts.
Extremely injured said it all and in YEC she said that everyone is tired by the end of the year but that some people show it more so it's all good.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #237
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Ok then why were you bashing Caroline Wozniacki when she was #1 ?
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #238
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
WOW. How nice of her. In fact, how nice of her to retire just moments before her match in front of a crowd full of people each of which spending $80 to well over $100 for a seat to see her play. It was all she could do to walk out there and hit a few balls to the crowd. Wow. Money well spent. Then she limped off for the cameras.

If the injury so called 'worsened' throughout this tournament, I don't see why on earth she would see fit to retire just moments before her match. It didn't just magically happen.

I'd take a PR spiel over blatant disrespect. Hope every single person in that crowd lost respect for her.
If anything it shows that she was hoping she could play until the very last second. As a paying customer I'd appreciate that.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #239
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

Quote:
Why on earth would anyone have respect for Vika anyway. The retirement queen, who openly admits to playing and withdrawing from tournaments to avoid zero pointers and fines.

Vika maybe a good tennis player, but she does little to warrant respect. You are Maria fan isn't it enough that Vika has put injury/fatigue in everyone's minds as the reason she has lost to Maria twice last year.

Vika is basically all the bad traits that have crept into women's tennis over the last decade or so rolled into one foul attitude ridden player.
well,i for one have respect for her. With all her rotten attitude and mediocre game she has been able to earn a name for herself, made her countrymen proud with olympic medals, even has managed to bother people who she doesn!t even know exists so much that they are spending hours on an internet forum hating on her. At least she has achieved way more than i will ever. So i think i am not in a position to disrespect her or any player in the tour for that matter.
viktory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #240
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
If anything it shows that she was hoping she could play until the very last second. As a paying customer I'd appreciate that.
to the average paying tennis fan though, you'd be pretty pissed you didn't get to see Rena play on court tbh
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote