Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:26 PM   #76
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I really agree with your post. Well all except the last sentence where I'd like to agree and think that - but it's more hope than anything. I've just seen too many Caro interviews where she's on auto-pilot to put a positive spin on everything and doesn't prove or tell us anything.
True, but getting that ambitious in her comments doesn't sound like the usual auto-pilot comment to me. Pretending to be reasonably happy with her 2012 season because she's still in the top 10 does though. NOBODY can believe that she really feels that way.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 06:41 PM   #77
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But first Caroline has to put herself into the position again where she'll actually be in the mix at the business end of big tournaments. That alone is already a mountain to climb for her. I think she'll really give it all she's got though. That interview from the other day where she said that she wants to win the AO and get back to number one soon sounds borderline funny considering the state that her tennis is in, but it also proves that the fire is still burning and that she won't go anywhere without at least putting up one hell of a fight.
I think this is the thing that is the most frustrating. Of course every player is going to have "shocking" losses to lower ranked players but there was a time when Caroline routinely defeated the players she was "supposed" to (say players outside of the top thirty). You rarely had to worry about her losing to those "lesser" players it was when she played top twenty/top ten players that there was more doubt about if she would win. Those days are gone and now there are virtually no "easy" matches. Every time that she steps on to the court I feel like there is a pretty good chance that she could lose. If she can't get back to a place where she is regularly defeating non top thirty players she is never going to get close to where she was at her peak.

A lot of people were anticipating a Wozniacki/Azarenka quarter-final but Caroline fell well short of making it that far. That was once her greatest strength, that week after week you could depend on her making the quarters/semis/finals but that consistency has completely disappeared and now more often than not she loses early.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 08:56 PM   #78
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree with your first point. I have no idea if she skips training though. I mean, she could hardly look any fitter than she does and her stamina is second to none. So I'm sure that she works very hard on the physical part of the game. Problem may be that she doesn't work enough on her technique, which may explain why she continues to struggle with her forehand. I'm obviously just guessing, but if she has been working on that we sure don't see any positive results - or not often enough anyway. As I've said before, towards the end of last year the forehand down the line was a pretty effective shot for her in some of her matches. I didn't see any of that in the Pervak match anymore though.

....But it's early days. Let's hope for better in Sydney. It's all we can do.
Caroline skipped training by travelling around the world to be with Rory at golf tournaments. Instead of training her groundstrokes and serve she spends lots of time with Rory and walks around the green grass all day to be with him. Until FO 2011 Caroline was much more dedicated to tennis. Now Rory is her #1. And I didn`t mean her fitness, I meant working on the court to develop a consistent depth in her groundstrokes, something that used to be her strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Yeah, Caroline used to have a good backhand. She could go up the line or crosscourt. Her forehand was okay. She couldnt blast it, but she could place it deep to either side of the court.
That`s an understatement. Caroline`s backhand was amazing! She could do anything she wanted with it. Hit winners from the most difficult positions, extremely consistent, hardly any mistakes. Caroline`s backhand was a weapon, one of the reasons I became a fan. She could always rely on it. Perfect deep placement. Now her backhand is only average.

Quote:
Now its mental. Nobody can win just setting up their opponents with short balls, or making errors early in points.
She cant hit with a decent mix of pace & placement anymore.
Exactly, that`s one of the weak parts in Caroline`s game nowadays. Many of her balls are simply too short. And she can`t afford this. Caroline must place her balls with more depth/length. Otherwise the players will punish her. I also don`t get why she makes so many stupid UEs now. Complete opposite of her game at #1 time.

Quote:
I dont know if its Rory, although that will be how its written in history. Because he showed up in her life when her game fell apart.
Of course he did. He has a negative influence on her tennis career. It`s stupid and naive to think Rory has nothing to do with Caroline`s decline. The closer the relationship got the worse Caroline played. And when you have Caroline`s gamestyle you can`t afford to give less than 100 % on court. Her desire and will to win is not anymore at 100 % since she found Rory. He is more important to her than tennis.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 09:14 PM   #79
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I dont think Caroline is under pressure to win a major. No one expects her to win a major in 2013.
What she has to do is get back to being a YEC player and start making deep runs in majors and Tier I's again.
I was talking about her time as #1 and short after. Now nobody takes Caroline seriously anymore as a contender for a Grand Slam title. Who would? Caroline just lost to Pervak in Brisbane R1 who then got killed by Azarenka. And her last Grand Slam results were awful. R3, R1 and R1. Caroline is becoming a bye. I really hope she steps it up at Aus Open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
2. 100% agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #80
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

(1)A.Radwanska v BYE
(wc)Dellacqua v Q
Paszek v Jankovic
Vinci v (8)Petrova

(4)Li v McHale
Q v Hantuchova
Safarova v Q
Zheng v (6)Stosur

(5)Kvitova v Cibulkova
Lepchenko v Makarova
(wc)Rogowska v Kirilenko
Q v (3)Errani

(7)Wozniacki v U.Radwanska
Goerges v Q
Wickmayer v Q
(2)Kerber v BYE

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #81
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

URad, Goerges, Kerber, Kvitova...
Here's a chance to show Brisbane isnt a sign she was wasting her offseason.
If she can get thru this draw, it will say something.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #82
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Caro will have to go thru 2 buddies if if she plans on making at least the semis there

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #83
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
(1)A.Radwanska v BYE
(wc)Dellacqua v Q
Paszek v Jankovic
Vinci v (8)Petrova

(4)Li v McHale
Q v Hantuchova
Safarova v Q
Zheng v (6)Stosur

(5)Kvitova v Cibulkova
Lepchenko v Makarova
(wc)Rogowska v Kirilenko
Q v (3)Errani

(7)Wozniacki v U.Radwanska
Goerges v Q
Wickmayer v Q
(2)Kerber v BYE
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #84
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chin up, little fella. Realistically until her form improves virtually every draw is going to be scary but if she can get through it her confidence should be greatly improved. I'm not trying to understate how many problems she has had over the last year and a half but if she has one tournament where she can beat a couple of top ten players, even if she doesn't end up winning a title, I believe that could make a huge difference to her confidence and be a huge step towards arresting and reversing her decline. Of course actually doing that is not going to be easy but it can be done and I believe it will happen eventually.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #85
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

^^
Always the optimist.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #86
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation

Hope she will bounce back from this week and do well in Sydney.
Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #87
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
.. but in honesty, a +1 from me.

She could well be out in R1 again.

2 won matches and then a loss to Kerber would - in the current climate - be a great achievement.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #88
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
.. but in honesty, a +1 from me.

She could well be out in R1 again.

2 won matches and then a loss to Kerber would - in the current climate - be a great achievement.
The important thing is that Caroline has to start fighting to win matches again.

Lets assume that she was never that good. Serena, Vika, Maria, Petra are all better than Caroline ever was.
She STILL has become a lazy player, losing after 5-1 vs Vinci at a Tier I, losing twice to McHale, Pervak, blown off the court by Ivanovic.
Caroline has gotten mentally lazy in her matches. She doesnt fight for them anymore. Not like she used to.
The last 9 Permier 5's, she lost her 1st match 5 times. Over half!
No way she was #1 and was THAT weak a player. Mentally, she stopped fighting.
Maybe she works hard during practice, but you have to do the hard work of focusing during the match, or the practice hours are a waste of time
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:49 AM   #89
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

at the draw. If she loses to Goerges after she was dismissed by Larsson this week... I might cry Anyway, let's see if she can actually beat Ula

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #90
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

nice draw, if she can get through the 1st round, that will be an improvement!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread