DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #196
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Not gonna lie, I've lost a lot of respect for Azarenka
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #197
dragonflies

dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute dragonflies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post
What sort of stupid cow gets a fuc£&ing pedicure the day before a big semi-final match?

How often do people actually have to cut their toenails?

How often does a professional pedicure lead to an infection?

Give me a break! Azarenka has just plunged in my estimation/respect.
Well, since people here seem not too familiar with the matter, so I thought I would give some insights as my sister owns a beauty salon and I used to own one over a dozen years ago before backed in school. Customers don't get infection just by having regular pedicures. Nail technicians don't cut too much on toe nails even when the customers asked for. For thousands of customers having pedicures, maybe one or two a year having infections before they came to the salon. Even when customers asked to cut their ingrown nails ( which is not permitted), the chance of getting infected is rare with sterilization of the tools, skills and use of alcohol. If the infection happens b/c of sanitary matter, it would happen the next day and will be fine in a week with proper care.

Edit: This is about beauty salons in America. If Vika had one in Thailand, then I don't know. Given the money she has, I guess she didn' t want to go to salons that have problems with cleanliness.
dragonflies is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #198
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
Had you used all the elements to propose an answer -- you'd see that...

I justified this by saying that if we anticipate a bit to the fact that Victoria will strike her true peak in some time and will be defeating Serena soon consistently [just like Djokovic did in 2011 against Nadal] then the word 'owned' doesn't truly apply there because we know Victoria will level off the H2h [just like Djokovic did against Nadal when he stroke his peak].

We don't know to which extent Victoria's peak is and it could be greater than what we've ever seen before so if it happens, she'll necessarily level off the H2h which invalidates the fact that she's owned.

For that, I gave you the example of Djokovic, pre-peak he was 13-5 or something to Nadal, in-peak 8-0, the H2h was like 15-13 or something, don't have the true numbers. So using Djokovic's experience as an example, saying that Victoria is owned turns out being more false than true knowing that she still has her true peak to strike.
Comparing Djokovic to Azarenka makes no sense.

Djokovic was always a great athlete with all the weapons and a fairly complete game.

Azarenka is a mediocre athlete with only one weapon and a game with various holes.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #199
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I nearly laughed out loud when I saw she had given a walkover.
And so many wonder why people don't take her seriously as a champion.
With all of her 'injuries'.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #200
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I justified this by saying that if we anticipate a bit to the fact that Victoria will strike her true peak in some time and will be defeating Serena soon consistently [just like Djokovic did in 2011 against Nadal] then the word 'owned' doesn't truly apply there because we know Victoria will level off the H2h [just like Djokovic did against Nadal when he stroke his peak].

We don't know to which extent Victoria's peak is and it could be greater than what we've ever seen before so if it happens, she'll necessarily level off the H2h which invalidates the fact that she's owned.

For that, I gave you the example of Djokovic, pre-peak he was 13-5 or something to Nadal, in-peak 8-0, the H2h was like 15-13 or something, don't have the true numbers. So using Djokovic's experience as an example, saying that Victoria is owned turns out being more false than true knowing that she still has her true peak to strike.
Nadal , Djokovic - too big names to put Mugrenka in one sentence with them . What is more she has no capacity and talent to show anything more then she's already shown during her best season, she is a player with limited capabilities (unlike for instance Petra).

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #201
TSequoia01

TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Okay I get it, Vika is waiting for Serena to get old. Truth there.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER

Victoria Duval - coming to a slam near you
AJLA TOMLJANOVIC definitely a future #1

Serena and Venus grannies with a purpose
TSequoia01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #202
country flag olivero

olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute olivero has a reputation beyond repute

A bad pedicure
olivero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #203
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Comparing Djokovic to Azarenka makes no sense.

Djokovic was always a great athlete with all the weapons and a fairly complete game.

Azarenka is a mediocre athlete with only one weapon and a game with various holes.
Plus Djokovic had a dominant record VS Nadal on hard-courts before his 2011 peak .
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #204
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
Shouldn't you be repainting your chipped toenail polish and blowing Redfoo?
You haters anyways are just hating without even factually knowing what the outcome of the match would have been had Victoria been fully fit -- Serena still had 50% chances of losing this match as far as we would be using non-fallacious syllogistic base of reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
As for Vika like I said the other day, I feel like she will always be placed in Wimbledon but never the winner, a lil bit like Maria since 2005.
Besides Petra and Serena who factually is good enough on grass to stop her ? Radwanska made the F in 2012 as far as I know, if it's only just her, you need stronger proofs to assess your theory. Lisicki hasn't even been close to making a F, Pironkova only beats Venus (though she played Maria and Petra though), Paszek ? lol.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #205
country flag Juanes
facebook.com/RCTabak

Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute Juanes has a reputation beyond repute

win it Seri

Juanes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #206
TSequoia01

TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future TSequoia01 has a brilliant future

Vika is not scared of Serena, just has a strategy she does not want to reveal until AO.

SERENA PRINCESS OF POWER

Victoria Duval - coming to a slam near you
AJLA TOMLJANOVIC definitely a future #1

Serena and Venus grannies with a purpose
TSequoia01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #207
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, at Jimmie playing the "if Vika hadn't choked in the final then she'd've won the US Open title". I mean, if we're in a fantasy universe where no player ever loses leads, then she wouldn't even have made the final anyway.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #208
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Fair enough. So saying that Vika would have won Wimbledon if it wasn't for Serena is a lil reaching, we agree on this.
Petra is and will always be a tough opponent on the surface for her and she proved it many times.
As for Vika like I said the other day, I feel like she will always be placed in Wimbledon but never the winner, a lil bit like Maria since 2005.
Hmmm...fair post, Doomsy!
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #209
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Are you all serious? Her movement was obviously not on par this week, especially in the Lisicki match where she was tracking down a couple of mediocre Sabine dropshots way slower than she usually does. An injury to a big toe makes sense, I think y'all got a bad pedicure to the head.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #210
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSequoia01 View Post
Vika is not scared of Serena, just has a strategy she does not want to reveal until AO.
That's what I'm thinking too.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote