DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:18 AM   #181
country flag gbenga

gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Serena now has to play mugs to win titles because the top 10 are scared?
gbenga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #182
country flag Drimal

Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute Drimal has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka is a quitter
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #183
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

DEAD at Vika taking a leaf out of Rena's book and giving her a walkover prior to the AO

Looks like Rena will be facing a LL in a premier final and it's not even her fault
(p.s. I hope Vika is actually ok )
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #184
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #185
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future Exordes has a brilliant future

http://www.brisbaneinternational.com...-to-toe-injury

World No.1 Victoria Azarenka has withdrawn from her scheduled semifinal clash with Serena Williams citing a right big toe injury.
The Belarusian said she was disappointed she could not take to the court tonight but felt it was something she had to do to have recovered in time to defend her Australian Open title.

“Victoria has been nursing this injury for the past 10 days and it has continued to deteriorate to a point where she is unable to take to the court tonight,” tournament director Cameron Pearson said.
“We wish her all the best with her recovery and we hope to see her in Melbourne to defend her Australian Open title.”

Serena Williams will now await the winner of the semifinal between Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Lesia Tsurenko in the final.
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #186
country flag Petkovic

Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold Petkovic is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony. View Post
I'm inclined to believe Vika's injury. I mean, it'd be more shady if this was the 3rd or 4th straight time Serena would have beaten her, but I mean 11-1, including 5-0 in the last year doesn't lead to sudden embarrassment or cowardice.
Me too, but I'm also inclined to believe Vika would have played most other players and this injury saves her from playing another match that she will most likely lose again.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:33 AM   #187
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Never thought that Azarenka is such a coward , what a shame.....

LOL at all who consider that "unless Serena , she would have won 2 more Slams"
1) without Serena draw would have been different
2) she definitely wasn't able to beat Petra , who was in a good form at Wimbledon

moreover at YEC after being slayed by Serena she got a second chance to rehabilitate herself in SF , where was crushed by Pova . So it's not like she just struggles with Serena.... Us open's Bartoli or Petrova might have been enough to make her cry

By the way , it's probably this type of W/O which should be registered in H2H . Azarenka with white flag , hands lifted up, in overflowing diapers and with pleas for mercy ...... 12-1 and still counting

Last edited by NashaMasha : Jan 4th, 2013 at 09:41 AM.
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #188
country flag AgentProvocateur

AgentProvocateur is just really nice AgentProvocateur is just really nice AgentProvocateur is just really nice AgentProvocateur is just really nice AgentProvocateur is just really nice AgentProvocateur is just really nice AgentProvocateur is just really nice AgentProvocateur is just really nice AgentProvocateur is just really nice AgentProvocateur is just really nice AgentProvocateur is just really nice

I wonder if Victoria Pedicurenka will be ready for Aussie...
AgentProvocateur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #189
country flag Vikapower

Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute Vikapower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
What? You asked how does Serena owns Vika and the head to head proved how.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad[le]y. View Post
Yes it does. Serena is 11-1 against Vika; her only win coming almost four years ago. In recent years, Serena has won all the matches; why is this so difficult for you to understand?
Had you used all the elements to propose an answer -- you'd see that...

I justified this by saying that if we anticipate a bit to the fact that Victoria will strike her true peak in some time and will be defeating Serena soon consistently [just like Djokovic did in 2011 against Nadal] then the word 'owned' doesn't truly apply there because we know Victoria will level off the H2h [just like Djokovic did against Nadal when he stroke his peak].

We don't know to which extent Victoria's peak is and it could be greater than what we've ever seen before so if it happens, she'll necessarily level off the H2h which invalidates the fact that she's owned.

For that, I gave you the example of Djokovic, pre-peak he was 13-5 or something to Nadal, in-peak 8-0, the H2h was like 15-13 or something, don't have the true numbers. So using Djokovic's experience as an example, saying that Victoria is owned turns out being more false than true knowing that she still has her true peak to strike.
Vikapower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #190
country flag gociku

gociku has a brilliant future gociku has a brilliant future gociku has a brilliant future gociku has a brilliant future gociku has a brilliant future gociku has a brilliant future gociku has a brilliant future gociku has a brilliant future gociku has a brilliant future gociku has a brilliant future gociku has a brilliant future

Lame move from Azarenka. She clearly didn't want to face Serena.
And people wonder why she is hated.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #191
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
Did you surprise then when Maria Sharapova withdrew from Brisbane tournament just a day before her first match after all that promotional stuff?
at least she didn't progress through the tournament only to realise her biggest demon was up next and limp away with a fucked up pedicure
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #192
Imperfect Angel

Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute Imperfect Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Rena
Vika
Imperfect Angel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #193
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

I was really looking forward to their first encounter of 2013 Get this title Serena!

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #194
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #195
country flag hankqq

hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute hankqq has a reputation beyond repute

This reminds me of the time Paula Abdul almost lost a thumb or something to a bad manicure

anyway, disappointing as I wanted to watch Serena score yet another win over Azarenka. Hopefully she'll be ready for the AO, as it's important to have all the top players there. At the very least Serena will be all rested for the final.
hankqq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote