China's Wuhan will be hold P5 for 15 y since 2014 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:48 AM   #16
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute
Re: BOMBSHELL:Pan-Pacific Open may hold in Li's hometown in 2014!

Tokyo is one of the nine Premiers.
The ATP would never have a Masters in Wuhan.

The WTA is in a downhill : cheap website, no sponsor and selling its soul to China.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:58 AM   #17
country flag Modiac.
Team WTAworld

Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute Modiac. has a reputation beyond repute

i have a bigger news: Sofia YEC will move to Singapore and Istanbul YEC may come to Peng Shuai's hometown Tianjin.
┗━┻━┻┻┻┻━┻━┻┻┻━┻┻┛
Modiac. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 04:03 AM   #18
country flag Gu-niao

Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all Gu-niao is a name known to all

my hometown Wuhan??another tournament in China?
So excited to hear this rumor.
But you really should know, I'd be good for you
I'd be surprisingly good for you
Gu-niao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 04:17 AM   #19
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modiac. View Post
i have a bigger news: Sofia YEC will move to Singapore and Istanbul YEC may come to Peng Shuai's hometown Tianjin.
Tianjin can have the Sofia YEC but Singapore better have the real one.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 04:49 AM   #20
Danke Anke

Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of Danke Anke has much to be proud of

The WTA is becoming a giant heap of trash. Until they realize that having major tournaments go to the highest bidder shouldn't be their only consideration this is going to keep happening. It's embarrassing when these tournaments in China and India have row after row of empty seats and that garbage is televised. Yes, we need to introduce the sport to new markets, but this is ridiculous.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... The fact that there will be FOUR tournaments in China and there is only ONE tournament in Germany -- a country that has a very knowledgeable tennis consumer with events that have been historically well-attended -- is laughable. The same is true on a lesser scale with the loss of (now two) great tournaments in Japan. The WTA was in its prime when it stuck with its well-attended tournaments that were liked and supported by players (e.g. Berlin, Hamburg, Filderstad, Tokyo (PPO) in Feb and Tokyo (Princess Cup) in the Fall.

: fiery:
Danke Anke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 04:52 AM   #21
country flag Rising Sun

Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future Rising Sun has a brilliant future

Japan

To think it used to have 3 events in the past...
Rising Sun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #22
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute dencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Another event in China where seats are filled with flies. oh well, waste of tournament TBH.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 05:08 AM   #23
country flag luvwilliams

luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsonice View Post
:vomit:

Shenzhen has good attendance though, that's the saving grace.
but the management is shit and some of the staff have very bad and bureaucratic attitude
i hope it will be better the next year
luvwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 05:15 AM   #24
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

It's sad that Tokyo won't have a tournament anymore but I think everyone on this forum always overreacts to these kinds of changes. No one except us die-hard tennis fans can name non-slam tournament winners anyway. All of these non-slam events exist to give the tour-level players a living. If these new venues offer more $$$ that's just the WTA's way of surviving. WTA tickets don't sell the way the ATP events sell right now, that's fact. So you can't rely on ticket sales to generate income on the women's side now.
njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #25
country flag luvwilliams

luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice luvwilliams is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modiac. View Post

correction:Peng's hometown is not Tianjin, but Xiangtan in Hunan. Tianjin just has been sponsoring and helping her carrer since her childhood and she plays and represents Tianjin in national competitions.
luvwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 05:19 AM   #26
country flag Mynarco
Bra Vibrationer

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute
NID. Chinese have the money. WTA needs to earn money. Voila
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #27
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

WTA it's becoming so much more of a joke.

Stacey Allaster is so blinded by her greed, selling tournaments to the highest bidder, she's oblivious to the fact that if she had tournaments in locations which were actually capable of showing genuine support to the tour she would actually be able to generate a larger income for the WTA and put it in such a better position. If she knew that she would allow Istanbul to keep the YEC and most importantly bring back the indoor swing, not allowing tournaments like Beijing and Madrid to continue to run and damage the image of the WTA with embarrassing attendance levels.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #28
country flag Mynarco
Bra Vibrationer

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke Anke View Post
The WTA is becoming a giant heap of trash. Until they realize that having major tournaments go to the highest bidder shouldn't be their only consideration this is going to keep happening. It's embarrassing when these tournaments in China and India have row after row of empty seats and that garbage is televised. Yes, we need to introduce the sport to new markets, but this is ridiculous.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... The fact that there will be FOUR tournaments in China and there is only ONE tournament in Germany -- a country that has a very knowledgeable tennis consumer with events that have been historically well-attended -- is laughable. The same is true on a lesser scale with the loss of (now two) great tournaments in Japan. The WTA was in its prime when it stuck with its well-attended tournaments that were liked and supported by players (e.g. Berlin, Hamburg, Filderstad, Tokyo (PPO) in Feb and Tokyo (Princess Cup) in the Fall.

: fiery:
Stay pressed
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #29
country flag dos Santos

dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute dos Santos has a reputation beyond repute

Next step is Premier tournament in Guangzhou and International in Moscow ?
dos Santos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #30
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Ridiculous. There should always be an event of such magnitude in Japan.