Most Over-rated/Over-hyped players on this forum - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #91
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Most Over-rated/Over-hyped players on this forum

Golovin just wasn't that good, she played plenty between the injuries, never broke through at a slam (sf or better) never won a tier 1, never made top 10

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:14 AM   #92
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
Golovin just wasn't that good, she played plenty between the injuries, never broke through at a slam (sf or better) never won a tier 1, never made top 10
She didn't even make it past her teenaged years and still came close to doing all of those (as I already stated).

And a QF at 18 is definitely breaking through at a slam...
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #93
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

that darn hantuchova. i'm still incensed that this individual has a clothing contract while a legend such as venus who actually has the results and name recognition had to make do with rags. ugh.

golovin

goerges

kournikova
HRHoliviasmith is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #94
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Anyway, to answer the thread, definitely Goerges at this stage.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #95
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav. View Post
She didn't even make it past her teenaged years and still came close to doing all of those (as I already stated).

And a QF at 18 is definitely breaking through at a slam...
Ivanovic and Vaidisova had already done the same, at a younger age. She wasn't exceptional in that case either.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:25 AM   #96
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
Ivanovic and Vaidisova had already done the same, at a younger age. She wasn't exceptional in that case either.
I never said she was exceptional (I've already stated my at-best expectations for her). And you just cited a slam-winner and former #1 and a highly-promising player that also retired extremely early.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:28 AM   #97
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I never said she was exceptional (I've already stated my at-best expectations for her). And you just cited a slam-winner and former #1 and a highly-promising player that also retired extremely early.
They were of her peer group. I think the comparisons are justifiable.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:29 AM   #98
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Quote:
They were of her peer group. I think the comparisons are justifiable.
My point.

Just meant you used those two established players to nullify someone who receieved similar results early on, despite perpetual injuries, and then left the tour. So who knows what could have happened?
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 02:48 AM   #99
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chakvetadze was also a tier 1 winner, slam qtr finalist and top 10 player as a teenager. Seriously Golovin was the runt of her group of players.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:04 AM   #100
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Shvedova. I like her and believe she has potential, but given her lapses and chokes, she doesn't deserve the attention she gets.
overrule is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #101
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She could mix it up, volley, and use court angles (in addition to her pace) while Wozniacki relies on a one-dimensional defensive style. There's really no basis for comparison.
I don't recall having watched Golovins a single volley ever, not even on highlights reels, on the contrary I've seen Caro volley many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Blergh...so no Stuttgart this year again...damn it Vika, why do you avoid me??
Smart girl!
Nicolás89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #102
country flag nazzac

nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future nazzac has a brilliant future

IMO. Robson gets too much hype on here and by our media. She gets touted as a future grand slam winner, and although i see her becoming a good player, i don't think she'll win a slam. She'll reach top 10 max imo. And i don't see her breaking top 20 or top 10 (like many have suggested) this year either.

Supporter of the 2 best smiles on tour
nazzac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 08:31 AM   #103
country flag RYNJ

RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute RYNJ has a reputation beyond repute

Peak Pierce

RYNJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #104
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Goerges by far. 0 slam QFs, like 1 good result in a Tier I, never even been YE top 20.

Useless.
Smitten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #105
country flag njnetswill

njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute njnetswill has a reputation beyond repute

Mandy Minella, Heidi El Tabakh, Marta Domachowska, and other challenger-level journeywomen that have a bigger following here than many top 30 players.
njnetswill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote