Fed (Federation) Cup Trophy Pictures - 4 Left! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 20th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #16
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed (Federation) Cup Trophy Pictures - 20 Left!

Thanks. I found that one already from this site actually, it is 1971.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #17
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed (Federation) Cup Trophy Pictures - 20 Left!

1989 found. This is being used:

Better than the pic with the watermark
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #18
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed (Federation) Cup Trophy Pictures - 19 Left!

Great work on this Uranium!

I was there in Tokyo in 1989. I didn't see the final in perso, just the quarters, but what a lineup! Navratilova, Evert, Graf, Novotna, Sukova. Sanchez. Too bad they changed the format.
Rollo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #19
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Oh really? Which teams were you cheering for?

I've always wondered, maybe you know, why didn't Seles play Fed Cup ever for Yugoslavia?

Also, everybody, come on, just 19 more

Old Nov 1st, 2012, 03:38 PM   #20
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Fed Cup Final time! Bump. Hope for any help in the remaining 19.

Old Dec 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #21
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed (Federation) Cup Trophy Pictures - 18 Left!

You are getting there Uranium!

It will be fanatastic to get every one in time for the 50th Anniversary of Fed Cup in the coming year.

Tonight I will try and track down a pic from 1986.
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #22
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed (Federation) Cup Trophy Pictures - 11 Left!

Quote:
The lack of 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1989 and 1990 bug me because the ones before and after them are found. So surely if the ones before them are found then we should be able to find something from these years, right?
There's a black-and-white photo of the 1982 US team (Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert, Andrea Leand, and Peter Marmureanu) posing with the Federation Cup in the 1983 edition of the ITF World of Tennis annual. If no one else posts that photo, I'll try to scan it sometime next week and post it in this thread.
Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)
samn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #23
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

^That would be greatly appreciated

Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:33 PM   #24
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Fantastic progress on this Uranium. I will get back on board soon I hope and send another scan Friday. January is my hell month at work so bear with me.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #25
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

^Oh what a fun way to start 2013 for you then. I just went through to see what pics you said to me that you do and don't have.

You have: 1964, 1965, 1978, 1982.
Don't have: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1974, 1984, 1985.

Also, as I was going through PMs and emails to see which ones you say you have, and I came across 1990 where you said if 'neither is good let me know and I will rescan it.' I am wondering if that offer still stands?

Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #26
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
You have: 1964, 1965, 1978, 1982.
Don't have: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1974, 1984, 1985.
Correct up to this point. We'll get them all though-one way or another!

Quote:
Also, as I was going through PMs and emails to see which ones you say you have, and I came across 1990 where you said if 'neither is good let me know and I will rescan it.' I am wondering if that offer still stands?
The offer still stands. I will send 1982 today and can rescan 1990 for you.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #27
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Oh great, looking forward to it!

I spent another 2 hours searching last night. I did the usual search by names to begin with, but then did something different and threw in the city and venue. But no luck. I thought that maybe having the venue or city a pic without stating the player's names would pop up. Oh well.

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #28
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

I need to relocate 1982-but I did scan 1978 this morning
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #29
country flag samn

samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute samn has a reputation beyond repute

A couple of low quality photos of the 1982 US team. The first one's from "ITF World of Tennis 1983" and the second one from Martina Navratilova's autobio, "Being Myself".

Best left-right combination by a German (and that includes Max Schmeling): Steffi Graf. All she did in 1987 was knock Navratilova out of #1 and try to knock Evert out of the sport. (Mike Lupica in "The Best and Worst of Tennis in 1987", World Tennis)

"A couple of years ago, we nicknamed Steffi Graf's forehand 'Jaws'. And that music would go perfectly when she starts running in to the net, swarming on that little ball." (JoAnne Russell, during the 1988 Wimbledon final between Graf and Navratilova)

Last edited by samn : Jan 7th, 2013 at 02:50 PM.
samn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #30
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Re: Fed (Federation) Cup Trophy Pictures - 8 Left!

Ok, so Fed Cup week again! Time to find these final pics