Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 128 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #1906
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
always try to stay positive here in this subforum because i've seen very little negativity even after her worst performances (most of them come from me i would think )

normally i'd rather listen to her reading yellow-page than browse through these tepid column articles, but since she mentioned already her new trainer and the overall evaluation of her off-season homework

now i'm just waiting until she steps into the court

so far as i can remember, the only interview/article that truly interested me in 2012 was the one with a French newspaper (L'EQUIPE?)

she's simply a boring girl in front of English media
Yes, I agree, a mention of her trainer and what they were focusing on (speed), I thought was a good thing to hear indeed. And just like you, I'll wait and see what the results are. Of course, from that same discussion of her trainer, we were probably both curious what type of stamina exercises she did--and the effect they'll have (since she kept them local at Prostojev). But like the already mentioned speed training; we'll just have to wait and see.

She's not always boring. Petra can be both very charming and informative during post match interviews or pressers. It's the prematch interviews and press statements, that fall into the snoozeville variety.

But yes; let's stay positive.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #1907
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
So maybe jerriy was right, that Canadian PR lady is a waste of pay
I don't wanna say toldya but you're getting the picture. I suspect she may have been better than whoever was doing the task before her - but being better than who you replaced isn't always good enough (one has to take into account that the previous one may have set a very low bar).
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #1908
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
You what? (There is a way of parsing the sentence so that it's true, of course, but it wouldn't be written that way if that's what was meant.) Did Spellman not consult with Petra at all before writing the column in her name?
She may have consulted Kvitty beforehand - but obviously Kvitty didn't see any hint of the final draft (or any draft for that matter
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #1909
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

From a Reuters article on Brisbane results:

Sixth-seeded Czech Petra Kvitova recovered from a pre-tournament asthma scare to defeat Spain's Carla Suarez-Navarro 6-3 6-4.

Kvitova has been gasping and wheezing in Brisbane's humid weather and revealed one of her recent attacks had been her worst in three years.

The 2011 Wimbledon champion was unaware she was asthmatic until she nearly collapsed during an event in New York in 2009.

"I was playing a tournament in the Bronx and after about five minutes I had to sit down and relax and have a drink because I just couldn't move and I couldn't play," she wrote in a column for the Courier-Mail newspaper.

"I still feel really uncomfortable when I'm in this sort of hot and humid weather and it was at practise on Friday that I started to feel a bit similar to what I did in The Bronx."

pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 01:22 AM   #1910
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pling View Post
From a Reuters article on Brisbane results:

Sixth-seeded Czech Petra Kvitova recovered from a pre-tournament asthma scare to defeat Spain's Carla Suarez-Navarro 6-3 6-4.

Kvitova has been gasping and wheezing in Brisbane's humid weather and revealed one of her recent attacks had been her worst in three years.

The 2011 Wimbledon champion was unaware she was asthmatic until she nearly collapsed during an event in New York in 2009.

"I was playing a tournament in the Bronx and after about five minutes I had to sit down and relax and have a drink because I just couldn't move and I couldn't play," she wrote in a column for the Courier-Mail newspaper.

"I still feel really uncomfortable when I'm in this sort of hot and humid weather and it was at practise on Friday that I started to feel a bit similar to what I did in The Bronx."

There is a Bronx ITF event. Not sure if it's a memory or translation issue by someone. However she did lose there in straight sets (6-1 6-2) in August 2009, so it's quite possible.

If she did find out first in the Bronx ITF event, it would makes sense; cause that event is played in a park and can exacerbate any asthma or allergies.

Most media (and even Petra) stories say she discovered she had asthma at the US Open. But it was probably a fall out after the Bronx event. No big time media would probably be there to hear her story.

The irony is; she went deep into the 4th rd at the US Open and lost to Wickmayer, after defeating #1 ranked player the match before.

Based off what Petra has said in the past, I'm assuming she received a diagnosis or treatment from some local docs. And if so, does she still consult with them? Cause the last we heard last year, Petra's team had only mentioned Czech docs (though she travels around the world).
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 04:10 AM   #1911
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Getting her excuses lined up.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 06:45 AM   #1912
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Based off what Petra has said in the past, I'm assuming she received a diagnosis or treatment from some local docs. And if so, does she still consult with them? Cause the last we heard last year, Petra's team had only mentioned Czech docs (though she travels around the world).
Yes,Petra must talk with local Aussie docs b/c,as you know,her medical aces have a shopping cart full of pull-string dolls whom they retain as 'consultants',and it's often impossible for them to make it thru Customs in nations like Australia while dragging along such a menagerie

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 01:07 PM   #1913
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

oh please, why on earth was she bringing that up again, especially during a tournament? really, can't she just wait for her tennisography season two for these kind of stuff?

have absolutely nothing against her being asthmatic and (consequently or not) feeling terribly on court, but is she really trying to respond any (potential) criticism/comment this way, right in the middle of a tournament?!
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:59 PM   #1914
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
oh please, why on earth was she bringing that up again, especially during a tournament? really, can't she just wait for her tennisography season two for these kind of stuff?

have absolutely nothing against her being asthmatic and (consequently or not) feeling terribly on court, but is she really trying to respond any (potential) criticism/comment this way, right in the middle of a tournament?!
Don't be ridicilous, Petra is not in excuse business, I think she just responded to question or something, also Cronin reported that she had fatigue at practice due to asthma, so maybe why she was asked about that in first place or whatever, also in Brisbane this time is really hot, last time she was there it was unusually cool.
ShiftyFella is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 04:33 PM   #1915
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Don't be ridicilous, Petra is not in excuse business, I think she just responded to question or something, also Cronin reported that she had fatigue at practice due to asthma, so maybe why she was asked about that in first place or whatever, also in Brisbane this time is really hot, last time she was there it was unusually cool.
yes i think she just replies honestly. I was worried when she said it was the worst for three years - but I guess it should be expected with average Brisbane weather (maybe similar to Miami?). It's a lot further north than Sydney & Melbourne and with a different climate, so if she does struggle here it shouldn't be a trend. At the very least it's good practice at controlling her asthma in difficult conditions.

Already 2013 in Australia! - Happy New Year
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:12 PM   #1916
country flag Excelscior

For those interested or who would just like to know: Nadia Petrova and Carlos Sanchez No Longer Have a Working Relationship.

During this interview (which was originally posted by Spiceboy, with Spanish translation by PureRacket), Sanchez talks about a lot of players and things.

What did he say concerning Petra? Well here's the question and answer, below:

Quote:
Do you see a player can do in 2013 to something like Errani or Kerber and get into the Top Ten?

As I see the players, I see that it will produce large changes as last year. KVITOVA MAY AGAIN MOVE INTO THE FIGHT AT NUMBER ONE, because in this season I expected much more from it, but it was a seesaw. Kvitova has a great right, but for the wrong moves inside, and when you play high balls also has enough problems. Yes, like let play their game, has CRAZY POTENTIAL
Now, I'm not judging what he said; just extrapolating that portion of the article for Petra fans here.

Here's both the original and Google translated link, below.

http://www.master1000.es/ricardo-sanchez.html

http://translate.google.com/translat...o-sanchez.html

Can one of our Spanish posters--like BruceGoose or Steni, please make sure that Google translation is 100 percent accurate (and the middle of the paragraph/translation is quite garbled)?

Thanks.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:23 AM   #1917
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
For those interested or who would just like to know: Nadia Petrova and Carlos Sanchez No Longer Have a Working Relationship.

During this interview (which was originally posted by Spiceboy, with Spanish translation by PureRacket), Sanchez talks about a lot of players and things.

What did he say concerning Petra? Well here's the question and answer, below:

Now, I'm not judging what he said; just extrapolating that portion of the article for Petra fans here.

Here's both the original and Google translated link, below.

http://www.master1000.es/ricardo-sanchez.html

http://translate.google.com/translat...o-sanchez.html

Can one of our Spanish posters--like BruceGoose or Steni, please make sure that Google translation is 100 percent accurate (and the middle of the paragraph/translation is quite garbled)?

Thanks.
My smokin' hot Costa Rican gf might wanna check my grammar,but part of the translation,indeed,sucks.Sanchez said that he DIDN'T see anyone who would make a big leap to enter the top 10 in this coming year.'Because' isn't really what he meant;it was more like "'BUT' I expected(or maybe "I had already expected") much more from her this past season."

....A better English translation would be that she was 'up and down' with her performances,instead of literally calling her a seesaw.It reads that she hits well from the right side but not from the left.Obviously,'she'--and not 'you'--has problems with high balls,and 'when you let her play her game'(or style of play),she has great potential'.The word 'locos' means "crazy",but one usually doesn't say 'crazy potential' so,in that context,it means 'great'...much,much better than most.

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!

Last edited by bruce goose : Jan 4th, 2013 at 12:28 AM.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 12:33 AM   #1918
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
My smokin' hot Costa Rican gf might wanna check my grammar,but part of the translation,indeed,sucks.Sanchez said that he DIDN'T see anyone who would make a big leap to enter the top 10 in this coming year.'Because' isn't really what he meant;it was more like "'BUT' I expected(or maybe "I had already expected") much more from her this past season."

....A better English translation would be that she was 'up and down' with her performances,instead of literally calling her a seesaw.It reads that she hits well from the right side but not from the left.Obviously,'she'--and not 'you'--has problems with high balls,and 'when you let her play her game'(or style of play),she has great potential'.The word 'locos' means "crazy",but one usually doesn't say 'crazy potential' so,in that context,it means 'great'...much,much better than most.
Thanks Bruce.

And I've heard him say before (it's repeated here) that Petra doesn't have a backhand or can hit the hight ball, which makes me wonder how much he really watches her.

I also felt that he wasn't leaning towards her having a great year, cause it took him forever to bring up her name, after he had mentioned practically everyone else. I guess like us, he doesn't know what to think.

I to, thought it was weird mentioning Petra in the top 10, when she was already in it.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sure someone else will take a shot, give their opinion as well.
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #1919
country flag Raiden

Quote:
Most media (and even Petra) stories say she discovered she had asthma at the US Open. But it was probably a fall out after the Bronx event.
Aren't you from Queens or something?

So I'm not sure this passing the astma blame to the next door borough is objectively motivated
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 04:23 AM   #1920
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Thanks Bruce for clarifying. I'm sure someone else will take a shot, give their opinion as well.
You're welcome.Not sure how that Google translator system really works,but they should offer a disclaimer in bold letters whenever their page is found.When I was looking for the nickname for Petra's new trainer,they claimed that the Czech word for 'bedwetter' was.....bedwetter.

It's a win-win situation for me: If Petra gets into good shape,then I'll tip my hat to her trainer with a silent apology for doubting his abilities.However,if Petra starts huffing and puffing again while the average gal remains fresh and lively,then Paul will be bound by his word to give the correct translation