Pac 12 - Page 40 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 26th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #586
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Imagine #3, #4, and #9 coming to the Farm

http://fantic7.blogspot.com/2012/03/class-of-2014.html

and what??? they're all bold

Hardebeck/Davidson/Zhao/Doyle/Makarova/Hibi

That would mean you would have to start cheering for the Cards
I'm not that passionate anymore I'm becoming more of a disinterested observer

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 27th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #587
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It all speculation based on her interest awhile back to play at Stanford. Her older sister went to an Ivy League school, I believe it was Columbia.
Almost like Stacey Tan, but for her it was her younger sister, who went to Dartmouth.

Isn't Southern California the camping ground for many of Stanford's best recruits?
I don't know...it must be the traffic down there that invites them to come up north...do you know anything about that?
That's true

Quote:
Christina could turn pro, but if she goes to college first, my money is on Stanford...

I think she speaks French, born in Canada with Russian parents.
I bet her and Carol could play doubles and wouldn't even need to use hand signals.
Her mother was once the highest ranking player in Russia.
Why do you think so, since Carol and Xtina didn't play dbls together
She recently teamed up with Kimberly Yee and Kostas... Maybe you're right, that's a Stanford 'connection' right
there
(Carol teamed up with Mia King and Alyssa Smith recently)

I AM curious about her college destination too, although her tennis doesn't seem to be that compatible
with Stanford's hard hitting style

But wait a minute..at Ojai this year I saw a Stanford fan? who wore a red t-shirt on the back of which was engraved Cyrillic letters another connection?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012OjaiWed 061.JPG (98.7 KB, 76 views)

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Dec 27th, 2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #588
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
That's true

She recently teamed up with Kimberly Yee and Kostas... Maybe you're right, that's a Stanford 'connection' right
there

I AM curious about her college destination too, although her tennis doesn't seem to be that compatible

But wait a minute..at Ojai this year I saw a Stanford fan? who wore a red t-shirt on the back of which was engraved Cyrillic letters another connection?
C&C are the Canadian connections. I am sure they can talk openly about strategy in French
Speaking of connections, I wonder why Hilary Barte and Mayo Hibi competed in two mixed double exhibition matches with Hank Pfister and Mike Noel...
Maybe Mayo isn't ready to turn pro and needs a year or two at the Farm

http://www.barnestenniscenter.com/pd...akarovapic.pdf
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 06:41 AM   #589
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Canadian connection? Didn't know that.

Anyway, it seems Caroline already signed a paper or something. She's incoming early.

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #590
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
That's true

there

"Moscow Institute of something or other". My eyes aren't up to the rest, but then neither is my Russian, so it would be pointless to ask for a higher res image. My inclination would be to read nothing into it, any more than you would if you were at the Moscow Institute of something or other and you saw someone wearing a Stanford sweatshirt.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #591
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

You can read that
Yeah, I wasn't that serious anyway,just some harmless guessing

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #592
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

tiebreaker you changed your avatar photo from Tan to Gibbsy. I guess it won't take long to change it again I wonder who will have the honor for your future pick

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #593
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
tiebreaker you changed your avatar photo from Tan to Gibbsy. I guess it won't take long to change it again I wonder who will have the honor for your future pick
Who do you have in mind?

It's based on who gets furthest at NCAA singles. Tan made it to finals in 2011. Gibbsy won it in 2012.
I doubt it would change for awhile unless Krista makes a big run...
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #594
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Who do you have in mind?

It's based on who gets furthest at NCAA singles. Tan made it to finals in 2011. Gibbsy won it in 2012.
I doubt it would change for awhile unless Krista makes a big run...
Why ask me

And yeah, I thought so(the reason you put up those photos).

We'll see?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:43 AM   #595
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Winter National dbls final

Girls' 18 Doubles
F (2) Katz(USC)/Manasse(CAL) d. (1) Loeb(UNC)/Otero(LSU) 7-5; 7-6(2)

Katz revenges her singles semifinal 0,1 loss to Loeb

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 2nd, 2013, 05:58 AM   #596
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

bombshell

01/04/13 UCLA Winter Classic Los Angeles Tennis Center All Day
01/05/13 UCLA Winter Classic Los Angeles Tennis Center All Day
01/06/13 UCLA Winter Classic Los Angeles Tennis Center A

This is a sanctioned tournament, anybody know which teams are participating?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:06 PM   #597
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Krista tops the list; legitimate cause to play her at #1

Gibbsy, Tan, Ahn not listed.

And the plan of sharing #1 position among those 3 Trojans entirely justified

And which position will Ray play? She played 5 or 6 last season..

2 63.16 Krista Hardebeck Stanford
6 60 Robin Anderson UCLA
7 58.93 Zsofi Susanyi California
9 50 Anett Schutting California
14 42.34 Danielle Lao University of Southern California
17 39.66 Sabrina Santamaria University of Southern California
19 35.73 Zoe Scandalis University of Southern California

38 13.81 Kaitlin Ray UCLA
47 11.23 Kyle McPhillips UCLA
55 9.84 Ellen Tsay Stanford
56 9.61 Gabriella DeSimone University of Southern California
72 7.58 Tereza Bekerova University of Utah
86 6.19 Desirae Crawczyk Arizona State University
T-96 5.54 Pamela Montez UCLA
103 5.03 Sarah Pham University of Utah
107 4.65 Grace Ysidora University of Washington
109 4.51 Lynn Chi California
110 4.5 Annie Goransson California
123 3.97 Callie Craig University of Utah

- Woodrow Wilson

Last edited by fantic : Jan 3rd, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:25 PM   #598
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Dbls

Rank Avg Player Player School
1 77.5 Kaitlyn Christian Sabrina Santamaria University of Southern California
13 38.98 Gabriella DeSimone Zoe Scandalis University of Southern California
16 32.93 Robin Anderson Skylar Morton UCLA
23 19.42 Paige Miles Tereza Bekerova University of Utah
25 19 Kyle McPhillips Skylar Morton UCLA
29 16.3 Pamela Montez Robin Anderson UCLA
32 14.65 Anett Schutting Annie Goransson California
40 11.27 Danielle Lao Valeria Pulido University of Southern California
59 7 Alice Duranteau Laura Posylkin California

Not particularly good for UCLA, all duplicates.

No Stanford?

- Woodrow Wilson
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #599
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Krista tops the list; legitimate cause to play her at #1

Gibbsy, Tan, Ahn not listed.

I thought I heard Gibbsy say that rankings those decide who plays #1
Old Jan 4th, 2013, 01:28 AM   #600
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Dbls

No Stanford?
Stanford usually hibernates during the Fall tournaments and wake-up during the Spring and usually take the NCAA championship, especially doubles.