Brisbane 2013: The Re-Birth of PlexiPova GOAT. - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 09:10 AM   #391
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brisbane 2013: The Re-Birth of PlexiPova GOAT.

I'm just worried about her being healthy please please Maria be ok about health , everything else will be ok eventually.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 09:13 AM   #392
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
I would like to add that I'm not worried about her lack of matches though. She never seemed like the type of player that needed many matches to get ready for events such as Slams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Idk it depends. It is a new year so ... I have no idea... It can be an awful thing ... I really hope I am just pessimistic.
I don't think match play was ever an issue for the AO though. Barring 2010-2011, she has managed pretty good results with rather minimal matches prior to AO. So if like what she said she made great progress with off season training, then I'm fairly confident of her chances this year.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 09:16 AM   #393
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

And this tournament sucks already:
Maria: withdrew
Caro: out
Petra: out
Sara: out
Ula: out

fuck dis shit
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 09:17 AM   #394
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Ok then thats a good thing.. Now i hope it is a lame injury and that she is not lying to us. That would suck so fingers crossed we see her training a lot. Maybe she wanted to avoid Serena. just kidding.
debby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 09:48 AM   #395
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
She said that she couldnt hit serves, someone asked if it was related to her previous shoulder injuries and she said it's all related, yeah. Thats not good at all.

I think she's recovered, and she just wasn't match ready, so she didn't want to play poorly.
*** ^
She said the latest injury also forced her to withdraw from a recent exhibition tournament in South Korea, but was "not at all" related to the right shoulder problem that has plagued her since 2008.

"I had a bit of inflammation in my collarbone, and I sent (scan results) to a doctor in New York and he told me I couldn't really do much overhead training for about a week," she said. "So to be fair, I haven't really given myself a chance to pretty much hit any serves or anything over my head ... So I just kind of ran out of time here."

Sharapova said she started practicing her serves again on Monday and it wasn't enough time to properly prepare for a tournament featuring eight of the top 10 women. The Australian Open starts Jan. 14 at Melbourne Park.

The four-time major winner told a news conference earlier in the Brisbane tournament that she felt relaxed and relieved to have finally broken a Grand Slam drought by winning the French Open last year. The win at Roland Garros completed a career Grand Slam and was her first major title since the 2008 Australian Open.

On Tuesday, she reiterated she was "feeling so much better."
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 09:50 AM   #396
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by debby View Post
Ok then thats a good thing.. Now i hope it is a lame injury and that she is not lying to us. That would suck so fingers crossed we see her training a lot. Maybe she wanted to avoid Serena. just kidding.

That would be Seles
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:35 AM   #397
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit worried about this. Any shoulder related injury is reason for concern. And even if it won't have any long term consequences, it's bound to interfere with her preperation for the AO. Everyone else is having what for them is the ideal preperation while Maria will have no matches under her belt and will only be able to train at less than a 100%. Not a good way to start the year by any means. Let's hope for a soft draw in the first couple of rounds at the AO so that she'll get some time to work herself into the tournament.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:46 AM   #398
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

Although I am disappointed Maria withdrew, it is important she is 100% fit for AO. Just hoping she will not overdo it by not letting it heal completely.

I think this tournament already has a winner. Who can beat Serena?? She will be number 1 by the end of the month.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:53 AM   #399
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Guys I've just woken up - checked on my iPhone and saw Masha isn't on the OOP
HAS SHE WITHDREW? bare in mind this is a first reaction post and I haven't read back what was said...if so I'd rather she be prepared for AO so I'm not worried!
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:53 AM   #400
country flag Trih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I'm a bit worried about this. Any shoulder related injury is reason for concern. And even if it won't have any long term consequences, it's bound to interfere with her preperation for the AO. Everyone else is having what for them is the ideal preperation while Maria will have no matches under her belt and will only be able to train at less than a 100%. Not a good way to start the year by any means. Let's hope for a soft draw in the first couple of rounds at the AO so that she'll get some time to work herself into the tournament.
I'm not really worried about her not having matches under her belt, of course it would be better but she proved other times that she can get into a big tournament anyway. What I absolutely want is that she's physically fine and I hope it's true when she said she's feeling so much better.
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM   #401
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Really nervous tbh. I mean, yes, she says she's not in danger of missing the AO, but, with all due respect to the Queen, didn't she say the same thing about Brisbane?

Plus, she could potentially draw the likes of Venus/Robson/Kuznetsova in the 1st round of the AO and have to play them without any prep whatsoever.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:59 AM   #402
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
*** ^
She said the latest injury also forced her to withdraw from a recent exhibition tournament in South Korea, but was "not at all" related to the right shoulder problem that has plagued her since 2008.

"I had a bit of inflammation in my collarbone, and I sent (scan results) to a doctor in New York and he told me I couldn't really do much overhead training for about a week," she said. "So to be fair, I haven't really given myself a chance to pretty much hit any serves or anything over my head ... So I just kind of ran out of time here."

Sharapova said she started practicing her serves again on Monday and it wasn't enough time to properly prepare for a tournament featuring eight of the top 10 women. The Australian Open starts Jan. 14 at Melbourne Park.

The four-time major winner told a news conference earlier in the Brisbane tournament that she felt relaxed and relieved to have finally broken a Grand Slam drought by winning the French Open last year. The win at Roland Garros completed a career Grand Slam and was her first major title since the 2008 Australian Open.

On Tuesday, she reiterated she was "feeling so much better."
Well, that's good to hear.
Sounds to me like she just wants to be 100% for the AO, and doesn't want to waste energy here.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 11:00 AM   #403
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

NOT AGAIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Really nervous tbh. I mean, yes, she says she's not in danger of missing the AO, but, with all due respect to the Queen, didn't she say the same thing about Brisbane?

Plus, she could potentially draw the likes of Venus/Robson/Kuznetsova in the 1st round of the AO and have to play them without any prep whatsoever.
You have been preaching that she is doomed so no. Not to mention that she will be seeded. Kuznetsova lost to a girl named Kiki & Robson was slayed by Niculescu so I think that Maria should not fear them but her health.
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 11:00 AM   #404
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 11:02 AM   #405
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, so I've read back your posts (sorry for the wild reaction first off )

LOOK GUYS
Masha 2012 - pulled out because of ankle injury - reached the final of Australian Open

She's already stated that she couldn't hit overhead shots because of her collarbone inflammation a week before, so Masha being the perfectionist she is, would not want to enter a tournament just for the sake of it and fuck her chances at slams. Did you not see her press conference like yesterday at Brisbane? She said her main goal was the SLAMS, idk of course its our fave and ofc we'd be worried about her, but in all seriousness I think this was a wise decision. If anything, when she stated she was going to play Brisbane in the first place I was quite surprised!

She's going to be fine for the AO so lets keep that optimistic train rolling
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote