Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 10:03 AM   #31
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Caro never played Vika in 2012, this is why. She cant get thru a Tier I draw anymore. Losing her 1st match at a Premier 5 has become the most likely result for Caroline. More likely than a deep run.
Obviously, they are aware her results have dropped, so this match is an ominous sign, to maybe Caro's final year of tennis, and then off to watch Rory play golf the next 30 years

I cant imagine she stays on the tour like Jankovic, a shell of a former #1, who everyone wants in their quarter nowadays.
With Rory becoming an alltime great, the comparisons will become embarrassing for Caroline if this is her play from now on.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 10:10 AM   #32
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not even that upset about this loss! I'm more upset that she seems didn't learn or don't want to learn from her last season loses! The same shaky forehand that breaks down during her matche, serve- what is that serve, I don't think her serve has improved with the new stance, her serve is worse than 1-2 years ago! It's great that they work on her fitness so much, but what about tehnical aspects of her game!? She can't run down every fricking ball, she needs to play more agressive and with more variety if she wants go far in tournaments and win titles again!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 10:47 AM   #33
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

2012 all over again, folks. Or possibly even worse. No improvements on the service or the forehand, which wouldn't be a disaster if she at least played better 2010-2011 type of Caro tennis. But this is no longer the case. And still a problem of keeping up the momentum after winning a first set. When you lose a match against someone who makes 60 plus UE you know you have a problem. Seems like we're in for another year of suffering.

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 12:18 PM   #34
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This is all up to Caroline. If she throws her career away without ever having a full time coach...
Look, famous & wealthy, she doesnt need tennis. Thats the way she plays, like its a hobby she messes around with.

That she lets her dad yell at her, instead of having a tactical coach, that tells she's not serious enough about her career

Łukasz Iwanek@lukasziwanek
Piotr Wozniacki: She doesn't think, she is only waiting, and you playng for her balls through the centre court. Can't you see it Caro?

Łukasz Iwanek@lukasziwanek
Piotr Wozniacki: How you can can't play with backhand?... You can't stand on the court like clown! #epic

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 05:08 PM   #35
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very disappointed. I had hoped for a good start to get her 2013 campaign under way. With all due respect, but Pervak isn't exactly the best player in the world. She's decent, but not someone who's supposed to beat Caro. Ursula Radwanska is better, but one would expect Caroline to get past her as well, albeit after a competitive match. But although I'm disappointed, I can't really say that I'm as surprised as I would have been in better days.

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 06:33 PM   #36
country flag goldenlox

I was surprised. I thought maybe Vika would pound Caro, like Nadia did in Bulgaria, but if she cant beat Pervak when she's up a set... this year is a potential disaster.
The big event the 1st part of the year is the AO. Caro seems like a total noncontender now.
But she'd better give it her absolute best try, because she already lost round 1 at the last 2 majors

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 06:52 PM   #37
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I was surprised. I thought maybe Vika would pound Caro, like Nadia did in Bulgaria, but if she cant beat Pervak when she's up a set... this year is a potential disaster.
The big event the 1st part of the year is the AO. Caro seems like a total noncontender now.
But she'd better give it her absolute best try, because she already lost round 1 at the last 2 majors
I had hoped for a relatively comfortable win against Pervak, and a competitive two or at worst three set win against the blonde Radwanska followed by a clear loss against Vika, although not a beatdown - something 3-6/3-6-ish. With such results I would have been reasonably happy at this point.....Come on Caroline! You have to come up with something better than this in Sydney!

BTW - all my best wishes for 2013 to our girl and her loved ones, and to my fellow Caro fans here.

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 03:05 AM   #38
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Will wait til the end of the Aussie season to see how Caro is reacting to losses;if it's still 'ho hum',then I'll sadly concede that the fire may be gone

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Don't you just love it when someone rambles aimlessly for 5 minutes and then says, "To make a long story short"?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 03:57 AM   #39
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I haven't seen the match so i can't really comment, but from what I am reading she's been over powered by Ksenia, which is honestly a very worrying sign...
I was watching some highlights of her win in Las Vegas many years ago already and the comments on her tennis (as she was unseeded there so kind of a surprise) were: "how amazing is to see a girl with great physical shape, good movements and such a big power". She was hitting very strong with BH and the FH was good, sometimes flat and most of the time top spin, but very deep. She hit even a couple of FH inside-out winners there...I wonder where that all has gone? surely one can't forget how to play, can one?
I still believe that the racket change was a terrible decision...
Caro used to be a lot more aggressive very early on in her career but I guess she changed from that to get a more immediate boost in results. As her defensive game style became her pattern it probably became pretty ingrained and offenseive skills likely were very neglected.

I disliked the racquet change from Babolat to Yonex after the 2010 season as I thought it made little sense to switch racquets after playing the best tennis of your career to date. The racquet change didn't seem to be much of an issue, at least early on, (after switching back to Babolat strings after Sydney) and the strong results/play continued on from the previous year. I think that Caro's shots sit up more and don't have as much pace as they did when she used a Babolat racquet.

I think it would a good idea for Caro to evaluate different racquets and strings to find what's the best combination for her now. I had hoped that would happen in this offseason but that didn't seem to happen.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:09 AM   #40
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro used to be a lot more aggressive very early on in her career but I guess she changed from that to get a more immediate boost in results. As her defensive game style became her pattern it probably became pretty ingrained and offenseive skills likely were very neglected.

I disliked the racquet change from Babolat to Yonex after the 2010 season as I thought it made little sense to switch racquets after playing the best tennis of your career to date. The racquet change didn't seem to be much of an issue, at least early on, (after switching back to Babolat strings after Sydney) and the strong results/play continued on from the previous year. I think that Caro's shots sit up more and don't have as much pace as they did when she used a Babolat racquet.

I think it would a good idea for Caro to evaluate different racquets and strings to find what's the best combination for her now. I had hoped that would happen in this offseason but that didn't seem to happen.
I was thinking last spring she needed to re-evaluate her equipment. At the world class level, you always have to keep up your competition.

But this is a bigger problem. Same one that Jankovic has. They cant hit the down the line backhand when they need it. Cant hit a good 1st serve when they need it. Cant hit a good return of serve when they need it.
They lost the mental toughness part of their game. The ability to produce good tennis over & over at key moments. You cant win without that, and the great champions have it for years & years. For some, it's almost like being in a zone, then its gone

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:12 AM   #41
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

This is Piort´s take on her performance against Pervak (on court coaching)

http://t.co/T6PyJKXo

I found it on Cronins twitter page take from that what you will...
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 03:27 PM   #42
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Out in Brisbane R1 to Pervak. Disaster start of year

Pervak is nothing special. Really bad loss. Caroline is so much better than Pervak. Must have played horrible. Caroline has never been the same since French Open 2011 where she got killed Hantuchova in R3. Total decline since then.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 04:01 PM   #43
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Out in Brisbane R1 to Pervak. Disaster start of year

Pervak is nothing special. Really bad loss. Caroline is so much better than Pervak. Must have played horrible. Caroline has never been the same since French Open 2011 where she got killed Hantuchova in R3. Total decline since then.
The thing that annoys me the most is that she looked pretty good in the first set and that she, as has been so often the case in 2012, let her opponent back in from the start of the second set onwards.

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 06:04 PM   #44
country flag goldenlox

I cant think of a worse loss, being up a set to Pervak and losing, other than Begu in the US Open.
The only worse result would be an injury.
At least its only the first match, but it makes her mental toughness, and ability to hold serve & close, look like its still as much as issue as all last year

Old Jan 1st, 2013, 06:15 PM   #45
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Her tie break record has been appalling for a while. She's just gifting them with UE on return and middle court shots. That's not how you play a tie break. I dread it when she has to play a tie break these days.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread