ART US Open G/S- Week 18 - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 04:52 PM   #136
country flag Serena_4ever

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all
Re: ART US Open G/S- Week 18

Doubles Quarter-Finals

(4) Sabine Lisicki (GER) and Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS) and Andrea Hlavackova (CZE)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Gajdosova and Hlavackova

Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS) and Andrea Hlavackova (CZE) DEF. (4) Sabine Lisicki (GER) and Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)
1-6, 6-3, 6-2

After a dominant display from the No.4 seeds there looked no way out for Jarka and Andrea, but both came back fighting in the second and third set to upset the No.4 seeds. Lisicki and Kuzzy had the match in their grasp and still played to a high level in the second and third sets, but the Aussie and Czech played the best they have played all season!

Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic~Caro Wozniacki~Na Li

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Jan 1st, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
Serena_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 05:00 PM   #137

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

Doubles Quarter-Finals

Kim Clijsters (BEL) and Jelena Dokic (AUS) vs. (2) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) and Nadia Petrova (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(2) Garrigues and Petrova

(2) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) and Nadia Petrova (RUS) DEF. Kim Clijsters (BEL) and Jelena Dokic (AUS)
0-6, 6-2, 6-2

After it was clear that Anabel and Nadia didn't want to work together, the opening set really showed this as both made hardly any effort in the first set. However after an exchange of words from the umpire to the duo of Petrova and Garrigues, who were given warnings of possible fines for not trying, they certainly reached their potential and showed the dominance they display as a team when they are working at their best and as a team!! Clijsters and Dokic really had no chance in the second and third sets as Garrigues and Petrova were pretty much unstoppable! Petrova may be out of Singles as the World No.1, but does she now fancy her chances at the US Open Doubles Grand Slam Title maybe?

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Jan 2nd, 2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 05:05 PM   #138

Doubles Quarter-Finals complete

A big congratulations to No.1 seeds Chakvetadze/Cibulkova, No.2 seeds Garrigues/Petrova, Hlavackova/Gajdosova and Radwanska/McHale!!

Good luck in the Doubles Semi-Finals!! Some fantastic tennis today!

The tournament has really heated up now and we are getting closer to crowning our final Grand Slam Champions of the season!!

Who will take the gold and glory?

Serena Williams
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 05:37 PM   #139
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

McHale/Radwanska
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 08:29 PM   #140
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute

Nadia and Anabel won
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=)

Quote:
Nigel Sears
'Serenas serve is a wonderful action to copy, Please do not Copy Angelique Kerber's'
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 09:03 PM   #141
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Radwanska/McHale
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 09:59 PM   #142

Semi-Final Singles and Doubles coming up guys!! Good luck

Serena Williams
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:35 PM   #143

Doubles Semi-Finals

(1) Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) and Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) vs. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) and Christina McHale (USA)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(1) Chakvetadze and Cibulkova

(1) Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) and Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) DEF. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) and Christina McHale (USA)
6-3, 6-2

Looks like Anna Chakvetadze and Dominika Cibulkova's coach Miracle Worker went back to basics from the Australian Open!! Both Cibulkova and Chavetadze won Grand Slam Gold in the Australian Open Final against then partners Ashley Harkleroad and Gislela Dulko. Both have played better and better as the Doubles Tournament has moved on. Domi played some ruthless shots and rallies, while even creating some tension at the net, as Anna Chakvetadze who won Singles Gold and Doubles Gold at the Australian Open which propelled her to World No.1 in both Singles and Doubles refused to let any ball slip from her grasp. There's no question that Aga and Chrissie have had fantastic success together this tournament advancing through to the Semi-Finals, and should stay as a permanent team. Both showed flashes of excellence especially towards the beginning of the opening set, but the Russian and Slovak were on top today and could very well become 2 time Doubles Grand Slam Champions come tomorrow!

Serena Williams
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:49 PM   #144

Doubles Semi-Finals

Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS) and Andrea Hlavackova (GER) vs. (2) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) and Nadia Petrova (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
(2) Medina Garrigues and Petrova

(2) Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) and Nadia Petrova (RUS) DEF. Jarmila Gajdosova (AUS) and Andrea Hlavackova (CZE)
6-4, 6-2

After getting in trouble in their Quarter-Final match up, Petrova and Garrigues who have been known to be unable to stand each other followed in the footsteps of the No.1 seeds playing in ruthless form. The opening set was the hardest for the No.2 pair who were seen to be struggling with tactics they had been talking through at change of ends for what seemed to take forever. It seemed as both couldn't agree at first, but with some strong, hard and consistant hitting from the No.1 Singles player in the World Petrova, Garrigues was able to come to the net to take her opportunity in finishing the points off to keep the Aussie and German guessing every time. The second set was much easier for the Russian and Spaniard who seemed to be at ease with the play that they were executing! It didn't take long to rap up the final set as Garrigues and Petrova even gave each other a celebration hug. Jarmila and Andrea have played a fantastic tournament this past fortnight and both are looking a promising duo for future tournaments to come.

But a block-buster final ahead! No.1 seeds Chakvetadze and Petrova who are aiming for their second Grand Slam together will face No.2 seeds Garrigues and Petrova who are aiming for their first ever Doubles Grand Slam title together! Who will take everything?

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Jan 1st, 2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:52 PM   #145
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it Hlavackova not Petkovic? other than that keep up the good work
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:53 PM   #146
country flag AYUMI-GOAT

AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute AYUMI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it supposed to be Jarka and Hlavackova?

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3
AYUMI-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:54 PM   #147

Well congratulations to No.1 seeds Chakvetadze and Cibulkova. They have reached their second Grand Slam Doubles Final. They will be going for their second Grand Slam Doubles Title, if all goes their way in the Final tomorrow!! Can they do it?

Though in their way is first time Grand Slam Double Finalists Petrova and Garrigues who looked extremely pumped up now and now know what is at stake! A Grand Slam Doubles Title!!

Congratulations to Coaches Miracle Worker and Flareon! You have done a fantastic job!!

Good luck tomorrow!!

Bad luck to Gajdosova/Petkovic and Radwanska/McHale who have also had fantastic weeks!! Hindrance, ivanovic2008 and moodin you all did really well

Serena Williams
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:55 PM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindrance. View Post
Isn't it supposed to be Jarka and Hlavackova?
My bad guys yep your correct!!

I'll change her pic and name! Apologies

Serena Williams
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:55 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barktra View Post
Isn't it Hlavackova not Petkovic? other than that keep up the good work
My bad and thanks

Serena Williams
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 10:58 PM   #150

The right Andrea amended! Thanks guys

Singles Semi-Finals coming up!!

Serena Williams