Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6 - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:49 PM   #241
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
Both didn't play bad and I feel ppl don't give enough credit to Pervak here. The high number of UEs is mainly beacuse these 2 defend so good and it's very hard with their very limited firepower to finish off the rallies against each other. Even though Pervak is way smaller than her she was hitting the ball harder from both wings and outplaying her in the baseline rallies. That's because she has a better techinque than Caro. Caro was just mooballing and getting the ball back hoping for UEs from Pervak. Ksenia was willing to do something with the ball when she had the chance and she appeared the attacker in the whole match. Caro is just techinqually poor and very limited talent/potential-wise. That's all really. She already maximized her potential.

You can't fix her forehand or her lack of aggression. She won't change her game because she simply can't. That's what she does best but most players are not afraid of her at all now.
This

Btw, lovely tiebreak from Pervak

• Maria Sharapova • Dominika Cibulkova • Ksenia Pervak • Eugenie Bouchard •
• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
tumblr. • graphics thread •
Julian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:59 PM   #242
country flag Roookie

Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute Roookie has a reputation beyond repute

Caro

TF overreacting as usual.
Roookie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 04:14 PM   #243
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Piotr's coaching already looks bad even if I don't understand a single word, but could anyone translate or at least sum it up? I'm curious...
Apparently, he said the same thing over and over again in a loop that could have been said in 20 secs.

I had asked that question and received an answer (forgot exactly what he said) during the live score late last night/early this morning.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 04:19 PM   #244
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saarsngg View Post
While I find this result hilarious, Wozniacki has never started her season off well (she ended up with the Sydney wooden spoon in 2010 and 2011), so this loss doesn't necessarily portend a bad season.
Wow.

The first post with actual insights (and not slights at Wozniaki).

Good Points.
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 04:31 PM   #245
country flag aguy9797

aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Well I always had this theory that he doesn΄t really help her as much as he intimidates/break the rhythm of/confuses the opponents. They expect some changes to come, overcompensate and ultimately make errors. Part of that startegy was the aura of invincibility of Wallniacki herself. That is gone and so is the positive effect of his coaching.

Piotr would not have to be such a complete dick during those coaching visits, if it was only about disturbing opponents. He could recite poetry in Polish instead of intimidating Caro. I think these basic reminders, like hit more backhands, work well when players become to emotionally engaged during their matches. Unfortunately, Caro has completely lost her confidence, you do not reinforce somebody's confidence by yelling at them....duuuhhh!

Good coaches are able to identify a player's critical weaknesses and work on improvements during the offseason. Caro has physical advantage over almost all players. She is a strong and tall woman. I always hope I am going to see her "new, fixed serve" in January when a new season begins. With her height, her serve should win her many points, and it is still a travesty, most of the time.
Caro W
Petko

Queen Viktoria
aguy9797 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 04:39 PM   #246
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Wow.

The first post with actual insights (and not slights at Wozniaki).

Good Points.
Yes excellent points. Her Sydney losses:

In 2009 she lost to Serena in the third round.
In 2010 she lost to Na Li in the first round.
In 2011 she lost to Cibulkova in the first round.
In 2012 she lost to Radwanska in the second round.

It is basically the same level of opposition as #103 ranked Pervak.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 04:42 PM   #247
country flag Excelscior

Quote:

Hey, you know I don't care. Nonetheless, I'm just trying to keep it positive for Caro. She's gotten enough abuse.
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 04:45 PM   #248
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute Julian. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Of course Pervak is obviously not at the same level of those 4 players, but she is so underranked this year after such a horrible year last year. She has been ranked as high as #37 in 2011, but yeah obviously not the same level as those 4 players

• Andy Roddick • Mikhail Youzhny • Grigor Dimitrov • Novak Djokovic • Benoit Paire •
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 05:05 PM   #249
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
Of course Pervak is obviously not at the same level of those 4 players, but she is so underranked this year after such a horrible year last year. She has been ranked as high as #37 in 2011, but yeah obviously not the same level as those 4 players
Rankings don΄t mean much. She is underranked, but she is also overmatched against top players so far (using the term top loosely). You can still count her top 50 wins on two hands. This was the first top ten win of her career.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 05:13 PM   #250
country flag GSMPrzysiezny

GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of GSMPrzysiezny has much to be proud of

Piotr's rant in English, part 1, I'll edit this post with part 2 in a couple of hours.

His Polish is far from perfect, very colloquial with occasional strange grammar and collocation, and lots of coherence issues as well, the occasional incoherence comes from him and not from my translation.

You are playing and you haven't got any plan, and you know what's worse, you are sort of playing and if you looked from outside yeah you are playing, balls are hit but in reality you are not playing at all, the fact is that she is playing, and you know how she is playing? She's leaning into balls, with her backhand she keeps you hitting crosscourt, obviously there's no sense in getting into a struggle with you and what are you doing? You play mid court, mid court, mid court, mid court, she's stepping in... Point won. She's just waiting when... She steps in every time you play a short ball. You're moving her around, you get a mid court call, you're getting into position and what not. What have I told you? You're not making yourself tall enough while serving. This is how you serve [starts gesturing a lot]. You should serve this way, with a snap of your wrist, forward... and a snap. [literally:] The shoe is going into the direction of a serving hand. And what are you doing? You are throwing everything and slicing and she [grabs a racquet]. She plays like this, and like this. She can't play here. And here. Do you understand? She can't. And you are playing everything here [that is into Pervak's comfort zone] [puts the racquet away]. Why are you playing (like that)? Because you are playing mid court, she's playing mid court, you are staying two meters [behind the base line?] - it's impossible to play a high ball. How can you play a high ball that much [shows margin] over the net, a deep ball with a lot of spin? It's impossible. Because you are standing too far away. You are standing too far away and you do not start playing with a margin, you are playing into her hands, she's just stepping in, changing - because your ball is too short. Don't you see it? Please, tell me, Karo, do you see it or do you not see it?

[gets up] Please tell me how you, as a player, can't play a backhand. Notice that she's playing where she wants. She's playing into your forehand all the time. And what are you doing? Nothing. So let her play like that. You see she's playing like that. But when your escaping further and further away and you're playing balls at ankle height how can you lift your ball higher? It's not possible. So you give her a flat mid court shot and she whenever she sees that she can step in she's stepping in and winning a point. This is how she's winning. Other reasons for her winning? You're serving like a clown into the same spot time and time again. And you serving is worse and worse. You're wielding your hand, racquet in this way instead of doing it that [gestures] way. Do you understand? You're not following the ball. You are not stepping into the court. You do not want to move her around. Down the line you are playing like this. This how you are playing down the line. This runt, of that height [gestures], can cover the distance from over there because you're not hitting [the ball?].
GSMPrzysiezny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 05:13 PM   #251
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Quote:
Rankings don΄t mean much. She is underranked, but she is also overmatched against top players so far (using the term top loosely). You can still count her top 50 wins on two hands. This was the first top ten win of her career.
Yes, that's true, but she came really close to beat Top 10 players before but could not get the job done.

She was so close of beating Petra last year in Montreal

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 05:16 PM   #252
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Happened to Radwanska. Didn΄t she tell daddy to fuck off during a changeover.
If she did good for her, I am sure he didn΄t try again. Caroline should fix a non crossing line with daddy.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 05:19 PM   #253
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian. View Post
Yes, that's true, but she came really close to beat Top 10 players before but could not get the job done.

She was so close of beating Petra last year in Montreal

Yes, but Petra was an utter nightmare through the whole match.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 05:26 PM   #254
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
Yes, but Petra was an utter nightmare through the whole match.
Maye Caro was too. If not all the better.
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 05:29 PM   #255
country flag Julian.
Keep calm and be gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRose View Post
Maye Caro was too. If not all the better.
Pervak was pretty much an utter nightmare actually. I mean 61 UEs and that 1st set was really horrendous from her, she basically gifted that first set to Woz on a silver platter with all the cheap UEs. But she raised her game in 2nd and 3rd sets