Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6 - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 02:41 PM   #226
country flag aguy9797

aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of
Re: Brisbane R1 - [Q] Xeniya Pervak def [8] Karolina Wozniacki 2-6 6-3 7-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
My stream was not great, but I thought she literally crawled further back into the bench as he kept talking and talking. I thought if he doesn´t stop she´ll fall over backwards with the whole bench. The problem is he can tell her all these things, but she does not seem capable of executing them, technically or/and mentally. And he seems to be a huge part of both problems, her technical ability and her mental constitution.

Sounds like codependency. It used to work for Caro. In the past, she was able to make changes after Piotr's yelping. Not anymore, poor girl has no confidence left.

Regardless of his despicable tone, Piotr was right. Caro seemed completely clueless and unprepared against Ksenia. What Piotr misses however is that, as her coach, he should take full responsibility for Caro's dismal form.

Makes one wonder about Caro's priorities at the moment too. Tennis seems not to be one of them. On the bright side, it was just a first match of the new season, hope dies last!
Caro W
Petko

Queen Viktoria
aguy9797 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 31st, 2012, 02:44 PM   #227
Viktymise
King

Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute Viktymise has a reputation beyond repute

Failniacki's downfall was never a question of "if", but "when".
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 02:45 PM   #228
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I really don't know when people are going to stop expecting Woz to make a "comeback". For all the hype about her GOATly Moscow run, in reality scrapping out 3-set shitfests over Scrubulkova and Arvidsson was no improvement on her general level of results over the past 18 months.
Wel I kind of expect her to be better in 2013. What kills me is people suggesting she didn´t work hard in the off-season or that Rory is the main problem. Look at her body. You don´t get that body from eating pizza all day and watching golf during the off-season.

She was mostly on the defensive end of a near three hour battle and barely broke a sweat. If you want to see what losses due to poor physical condition look like, you can watch Lisicki, Kvitova and Pavlyuchenkova in 2012. Lisicki always being injured. Kvitova playing hero tennis, because she can´t run for more than three balls. Pavlyuchenkova starting out fast, then getting tired and losing badly in the end.

They showed a footwork study of Wozniacki during the match and it was pretty fucking awesome. You could easily see why she puts so many balls back into play. This was not a loss due to lack of fitness, focus or dedication. It was a loss of skill. Pervak showed more and won.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 02:49 PM   #229
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguy9797 View Post
Sounds like codependency. It used to work for Caro. In the past, she was able to make changes after Piotr's yelping. Not anymore, poor girl has no confidence left.
Well I always had this theory that he doesn´t really help her as much as he intimidates/break the rhythm of/confuses the opponents. They expect some changes to come, overcompensate and ultimately make errors. Part of that startegy was the aura of invincibility of Wallniacki herself. That is gone and so is the positive effect of his coaching.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 02:51 PM   #230
country flag cn ireland

cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future cn ireland has a brilliant future

Expected a better result from Caro

Twitter: @NoelDoyle4
cn ireland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 02:51 PM   #231
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute

quick call Rory
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...on-drug-makers
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 02:56 PM   #232
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I always had this theory that he doesn´t really help her as much as he intimidates/break the rhythm of/confuses the opponents. They expect some changes to come, overcompensate and ultimately make errors. Part of that startegy was the aura of invincibility of Wallniacki herself. That is gone and so is the positive effect of his coaching.
Is it possible that he has reached a plateau as far as coaching ability?

The fact that her teaming up with Sanchez was short lived should not mean she should stop trying again with some other coaches.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 USO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:05 PM   #233
country flag traralgon

traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light traralgon is a glorious beacon of light

nice second serve from Ksenia to start off the tiebreak
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DCwHocKyCw
traralgon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:13 PM   #234
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Both didn't play bad and I feel ppl don't give enough credit to Pervak here. The high number of UEs is mainly beacuse these 2 defend so good and it's very hard with their very limited firepower to finish off the rallies against each other. Even though Pervak is way smaller than her she was hitting the ball harder from both wings and outplaying her in the baseline rallies. That's because she has a better techinque than Caro. Caro was just mooballing and getting the ball back hoping for UEs from Pervak. Ksenia was willing to do something with the ball when she had the chance and she appeared the attacker in the whole match. Caro is just techinqually poor and very limited talent/potential-wise. That's all really. She already maximized her potential.

You can't fix her forehand or her lack of aggression. She won't change her game because she simply can't. That's what she does best but most players are not afraid of her at all now.
I love how Mona Barthel is playing. She's amazing with so much talent. She is so smooth she hits the ball likes she's going through butter. I always love to watch her when she's on fire. She has one of the fastest backhands down the line I've seen in my life. She came up when I was injured, and I don't know her as well but we practiced here together.
Setsuna. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:15 PM   #235
country flag Patrick345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisagi. View Post
Both didn't play bad and I feel ppl don't give enough credit to Pervak here. The high number of UEs is mainly beacuse these 2 defend so good and it's very hard with their very limited firepower to finish off the rallies against each other. Even though Pervak is way smaller than her she was hitting the ball harder from both wings and outplaying her in the baseline rallies. That's because she has a better techinque than Caro. Caro was just mooballing and getting the ball back hoping for UEs from Pervak. Ksenia was willing to do something with the ball when she had the chance and she appeared the attacker in the whole match. Caro is techinqually poor and very limited talent/potential-wise. That's all really.

You can't fix her forehand or her lack of aggression. She won't change her game because she simply can't. She is That's what she does best but most players are not afraid of her at all.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:19 PM   #236
babsi

babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future babsi has a brilliant future

She can be aggressive. Watch her matches from Doha in 2011. She was sick and wanted to shorten points. I actually didn't mind watching her there.

After a set and a half of this match I gave up and went to bed.

babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:29 PM   #237
country flag Leo_DFP

Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute Leo_DFP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wel I kind of expect her to be better in 2013. What kills me is people suggesting she didn´t work hard in the off-season or that Rory is the main problem. Look at her body. You don´t get that body from eating pizza all day and watching golf during the off-season.

She was mostly on the defensive end of a near three hour battle and barely broke a sweat. If you want to see what losses due to poor physical condition look like, you can watch Lisicki, Kvitova and Pavlyuchenkova in 2012. Lisicki always being injured. Kvitova playing hero tennis, because she can´t run for more than three balls. Pavlyuchenkova starting out fast, then getting tired and losing badly in the end.

They showed a footwork study of Wozniacki during the match and it was pretty fucking awesome. You could easily see why she puts so many balls back into play. This was not a loss due to lack of fitness, focus or dedication. It was a loss of skill. Pervak showed more and won.
Woz has always been fit and I think her style of play doesn't expend much energy for her, but to be honest in the match last night I thought she looked very fatigued and winded. Her face was flush and she looked winded/panicked.

Bottom line is that her game isn't good enough right now. Low ranked players like Pervak feel like they can swing away and have a chance.

Follow my tennis musings: http://davesdropshots.tumblr.com/
Leo_DFP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:36 PM   #238
country flag T_P

T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of T_P has much to be proud of

I really like Ksenia. She reminds me of Bammer (maybe a bit more aggressive).
I'm sure she can become a top 30 player.
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:41 PM   #239
country flag Patrick345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_DFP View Post

Bottom line is that her game isn't good enough right now. Low ranked players like Pervak feel like they can swing away and have a chance.
Pretty much. I bet if you compare matches of Wozniacki in 2009/2010 and 2011/2012, the rallies will be much shorter on average in 2009/2010. That was when players didn´t think they could outlast Wozniacki in a rally and that she would never make an error. They thought that quick points, flat high risk hitting with little margin for error were the key to beating Wozniacki. Nowadays players rally with Wozniacki. They work the points, and wait for the 4th or 5th high percentage chance to finish a rally, instead of going for the big shot immediately. Unless Wozniacki learns to end rallies on her own, she´ll struggle to maintain her ranking. But to her credit I think she is trying to do that. She hit some nice winners in the 2nd and 3rd set, but just not nearly enough for the court positions she holds during the points.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 03:44 PM   #240
country flag Belmont Lad

Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute Belmont Lad has a reputation beyond repute

The holiday season keeps on giving! Thanks Pervak!
Belmont Lad is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote