•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2. - Page 143 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Reply

Old Dec 26th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #2131
country flag SilverSlam
Senior Member
 
SilverSlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 9,370
SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

A belated seasons greeting to you all too

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Is it really her? because one time i had a two week conversation with Kirsten Dunst, before i realised she was a fake one
SilverSlam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Dec 26th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #2132
country flag nastya
Senior Member
 
nastya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 394
nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold nastya is a splendid one to behold
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Happy holidays Vikalanders!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Didn't even realize we had a chat thread on Vikaland. Wouldn't it be nice to bring it back to life?
Good idea!
nastya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #2133
country flag Natural Joe
Senior Member
 
Natural Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In The Lost Woods
Posts: 12,442
Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.



So, anybody got an idea how to get this thread going again?
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 12:59 PM   #2134
country flag Exordes
Senior Member
 
Exordes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,665
Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Happy New Year 2013, Vikalanders!

It´s hard to be humble when Vika has spoiled us with so many sweet victories in 2012......
Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 02:59 PM   #2135
country flag ozza
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,574
ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
Or you can queue for ground pass every day and pay £200 total, then try to scrounge show court tickets off people who leave early

I guess with extended grass season, and Birmingham going premier from next year, we will see several of the top players playing one of the pre-wimbledon tournaments.
To bump this I'll start with a heavy off-topic rant .

Ha, I just have heavy disdain for the way Wimbledon is ran. It's so far behind the times it's beyond a joke. Queuing everyday just isn't viable really. To do that you would literally have to be at Wimbledon 24/7 for 2 weeks, and even then you cannot get centre court tickets anymore at like QF stage. I do not understand at all why they can think the current system is best, like lets be honest Wimbledon probably has the least actual tennis fans in the grounds of any event of that scale. I don't know why they don't take a leaf out of the way the ATP tour finals are run, it's affordable, better atmosphere etc.

The irony is Wimbledon themselves lose out, they sell final tickets through the ballot (has anyone ever actually won final tickets through the ballot ) for like £90, these tickets then sell all over the place for well over £1000 a ticket (the general price tends to be around £2500 a pair). It's ridiculous to think that I live about an hour from Wimbledon, and I consider the US Open my most accessible slam to go to. The USO have it right on many levels, it's very easy to buy tickets for every day you want to go to. The setup of Ashe being the only ticketed court also works well, it means I can just acquire tickets for every Ashe session, then if I want to wander the grounds earlier in the event (which I do) I can with ease. And guess what you can buy a ticket to every session, every day at Ashe, and it comes to a cheaper amount than it would to buy a Wimbledon semi or final ticket!



Oh and Hello all .
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 03:00 PM   #2136
country flag Igor_Biscan
Senior Member
 
Igor_Biscan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,213
Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Been looking at some old posts.

It's weird that this thread began to die in March 2011, around the time of the Babushka Intervention and Miami '11 that started Vika's rise to the top. Maybe we should leave it quiet

Quote:
Ha, I just have heavy disdain for the way Wimbledon is ran. It's so far behind the times it's beyond a joke. Queuing everyday just isn't viable really. To do that you would literally have to be at Wimbledon 24/7 for 2 weeks, and even then you cannot get centre court tickets anymore at like QF stage. I do not understand at all why they can think the current system is best, like lets be honest Wimbledon probably has the least actual tennis fans in the grounds of any event of that scale. I don't know why they don't take a leaf out of the way the ATP tour finals are run, it's affordable, better atmosphere etc.

The irony is Wimbledon themselves lose out, they sell final tickets through the ballot (has anyone ever actually won final tickets through the ballot ) for like £90, these tickets then sell all over the place for well over £1000 a ticket (the general price tends to be around £2500 a pair). It's ridiculous to think that I live about an hour from Wimbledon, and I consider the US Open my most accessible slam to go to. The USO have it right on many levels, it's very easy to buy tickets for every day you want to go to. The setup of Ashe being the only ticketed court also works well, it means I can just acquire tickets for every Ashe session, then if I want to wander the grounds earlier in the event (which I do) I can with ease. And guess what you can buy a ticket to every session, every day at Ashe, and it comes to a cheaper amount than it would to buy a Wimbledon semi or final ticket!
Good points. I really like the ground pass system for the first week, £20 is good value considering that most days at Birmingham cost more than that. Also queueing for the ground pass is quite fun! but only practical in the early part of the tournament unless you want to watch juniors or oldies etc. There's no chance the old farts at AELTC will be changing anything in the near future though of course.
__________________
Official bagel and breadstick server of Vikaland

Last edited by Igor_Biscan : Feb 21st, 2013 at 03:16 PM.
Igor_Biscan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 03:47 AM   #2137
country flag viktory
Senior Member
 
viktory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 605
viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

^^ yep leave it quiet. Ssshh.
viktory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 05:09 PM   #2138
country flag Nina.
Senior Member
 
Nina.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 8,926
Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute Nina. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

but it was a lot of fun
Nina. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 05:23 PM   #2139
country flag Natural Joe
Senior Member
 
Natural Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In The Lost Woods
Posts: 12,442
Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

I'm all for reviving this thread.
__________________
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 05:26 PM   #2140
country flag Jane Lane
Senior Member
 
Jane Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC, USA
Posts: 18,183
Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Was this the thread where I had my meltdown calling for Sumyk's head or was that the cheering thread? I can't remember.
__________________
And the dish ran away with the spoon..
but Hawaii was the only state that would recognize the marriage as legal.
FITD champ - brisbane 2014
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 06:04 PM   #2141
country flag Igor_Biscan
Senior Member
 
Igor_Biscan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,213
Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future Igor_Biscan has a brilliant future
that would have been february '11 after Doha or Dubai? I didn't see it when I was browsing this thread yesterday, so probably one of the cheering threads. Try to dig it out!
__________________
Official bagel and breadstick server of Vikaland
Igor_Biscan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 07:00 PM   #2142
country flag ozza
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,574
ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Anyone seen Cronin's tweets today . He must be the biggest bandwagoner around. All of sudden he is tipping Errani to win the French Open, and tipping Kvitova to get to number 1. Overreaction much? He seems desperate for players to beat the top 3 as well.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 07:14 PM   #2143
country flag Natural Joe
Senior Member
 
Natural Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In The Lost Woods
Posts: 12,442
Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Anyone seen Cronin's tweets today . He must be the biggest bandwagoner around. All of sudden he is tipping Errani to win the French Open, and tipping Kvitova to get to number 1. Overreaction much? He seems desperate for players to beat the top 3 as well.
Yeah. One of the reasons why I find it hard to cheer for Petra is reading Twitter whenever she's playing well. All the journos are jumping so quickly on her bandwagon it's amazing. I know it's not Petra's fault and she's not a player who helps creating her own hype but still...Also it's funny how eager Cronin is to see the Vika vs Woz match-up (mentioned it again today). You could think he's a Vika fan who wants that H2H to be fixed.
__________________
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 07:25 PM   #2144
country flag ozza
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,574
ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Yeah. One of the reasons why I find it hard to cheer for Petra is reading Twitter whenever she's playing well. All the journos are jumping so quickly on her bandwagon it's amazing. I know it's not Petra's fault and she's not a player who helps creating her own hype but still...Also it's funny how eager Cronin is to see the Vika vs Woz match-up (mentioned it again today). You could think he's a Vika fan who wants that H2H fixed.
Yes, people are way too quick to jump on the Petra is back, Petra is going to be the best. It's obvious why, because when on her game is very pleasing on most people's eye, but I don't see how that clouds all objective judgment. To be the best you've gotta be beating the best, she isn't doing that at the moment.

And I think Cronin has somehow convinced himself into thinking Wozniacki would beat Azarenka even now. The thought pattern is heavily flawed. Vika was having much more problems with Radwanska prior to 2012. These days when you look at the matchup it should be heavily in Vika's favour. All the players who have troubled Vika recently have been players who can hit a big ball. Certainly I can't remember the last time she was troubled by a primarily defensive player.

Last edited by ozza : Feb 23rd, 2013 at 05:49 AM.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2013, 08:29 PM   #2145
country flag Natural Joe
Senior Member
 
Natural Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: In The Lost Woods
Posts: 12,442
Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Yes, people are way too quick to jump on the Petra is back, Petra is going to be the best. It's obvious why, because when on her game is very pleasing on most people's eye, but I don't see how that clouds all objective judgment. To be the best you've gotta be beating the best, she isn't doing that at the moment.
I'm glad I haven't been around on TF at the end of 2011. The hype must've been huge. For some reason it's hard for me to warm up to most over-hyped players.

Quote:
And ha I think Cronin has somehow convinced himself into thinking Wozniacki would beat Azarenka even now. The thought pattern is heavily flawed. Vika was having much more problems with Radwanska prior to 2012. These days when you look at the matchup it should be heavily in Vika's favour. All the players who have troubled Vika recently have been players who can hit a big ball. Certainly I can't remember the last time she was troubled by a primarily defensive player.
Yes, it's really strange. I guess another reason why he wants to see that match-up is because they used to be really close friends but have apparently drifted apart to some extent. He's probably looking for some cheap drama to have something to write about.
__________________
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios