Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 127 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #1891
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

recent interview in Brisbane with Kotyza for CZ radio:
http://www.rozhlas.cz/zpravy/tenis/_...otyza--1155215

some sentences
- I always try to teach her something new or improve her because:
- Petra's ambitions, and my too are top (he didn't said it directly, but he meant number one, later mentioned another grandslam)
- it can look like we have fun and laugh all the time, but base of of our relationship is really serious as a trainer and player
- she works really hard on all aspects - psychologist, game, fitness, health and she wants it
- asked for comparing 2011/2012 Djoko to Petra - he finds similarities, with obviously reduced results
- considering pressure, injuries, expectations and some behind the scene issues season 2012 was pretty good after season 2011 which was UNNATURAL
(he said unnatural with strange emphasis on it, like 2011 shouldn't be that good..., like the public didn't know about something in background)
- they both were really disappointed after AO semi (unspoken but looks like they expected to take the title)
- she was really broken and tearful after Istanbul, she really expected strong result
- fed cup title helped bring back confidence.

We'll see tonight
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:43 PM   #1892
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lufa.

So they were really disappointed in/at Australia, Hmmmmh?

Kotyza is good a several things. However, I'm starting to wonder if game planning, tactics and strategy are just not his strong suit (especially on this level against a comparable coach and player). Despite his stated surprise at the Australian, Petra lost two more times to Sharapova after (and it got worse). Minus injury or illness, It's either that or Petra's a bad student/listener. LOL

By design, Petra should never have consistent trouble with a player like Maria (albeit she lost to her on slower surfaces last year). Nonetheless, she's lost to her three in a row.

It'll be curious to see how well she does against her this year (as well as tonight)?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #1893
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Thanks Lufa.

It'll be curious to see how well she does against her this year (as well as tonight)?
We haven't seen the real Petra since 2012 New Haven. Hope she bounce back strongly tonight and throughout Australia.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #1894
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
We haven't seen the real Petra since 2012 New Haven. Hope she bounce back strongly tonight and throughout Australia.
Yes, she did appear quite Petra Like in Montreal and New Haven Majors.

It's just too bad that she fizzled out at the US Open.

I hope she learned her lesson from that. Cause she had already told the Tournament Promoter at New Haven (before she even finished the tournament and the USO tour, and it's effects) that she was coming back in 2013.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #1895
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1226544795895

THE Brisbane International is an event which holds great memories for me so it's great to be back here to start a new season.

I won my first WTA title here in 2011 and it was a victory that helped kick-start my most successful year on the tour when I also enjoyed a Grand Slam win at Wimbledon.
You what? (There is a way of parsing the sentence so that it's true, of course, but it wouldn't be written that way if that's what was meant.) Did Spellman not consult with Petra at all before writing the column in her name?
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #1896
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Yes, she did appear quite Petra Like in Montreal and New Haven Majors.

It's just too bad that she fizzled out at the US Open.

I hope she learned her lesson from that. Cause she had already told the Tournament Promoter at New Haven (before she even finished the tournament and the USO tour, and it's effects) that she was coming back in 2013.
random stuff, i actually travelled to Yale a week ago, seems like it is the only tournament venue i've visited where the centre court is far separated from the rest courts, very strange.....
TimeyWimey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #1897
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
You what? (There is a way of parsing the sentence so that it's true, of course, but it wouldn't be written that way if that's what was meant.) Did Spellman not consult with Petra at all before writing the column in her name?
very poorly constructed indeed....
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #1898
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Not only that, but Hobart was her first WTA tournment win in 2009, so that's quite embarrassing.

Plus, I'm tired of reading Petra's statements (unless she really did say this).

I know they all repeat the same thing. But have some variety or thoughtfulness if you're going to reflect.

I'm tired of hearing the Same Ole 2011 comments. How about getting better for 2013 (and the requisite comparisons to 2011 or 2012) Petra?

Who's writing or telling her this stuff?
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #1899
country flag AfroIYH

AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light

I'm wondering what you expect Petra to say?
AfroIYH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #1900
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroIYH View Post
Like I said: If it was a statement or press release, I understand. Don't change it. But if it was during an interview or Presser, she can say more, with out being too revealing.

I understand why they do it: But when you hear the same player over and over again, try to sound excited, but ultimately like a rote, scripted clone, you get the picture.

Most players either say virtually nothing or are quite thoughtful. Petra tries to sound excited and thoughtful but says nothing.

As far as what she could say? That could be plenty. Here's one: in 2011 I was in great fitness, had some great practices, and didn't know what to expect, but looked forward to the year, and I excelled. This year, you could almost say I'm trying to have a bounce back year here, with some very tough competition. If I'm going to win here at Brisbane, I'm going to have play at a high level in all facets.

Another thing she can say very politely/happily is: 2011 was a great year for me indeed, but I look forward to an even better 2013, if things go my way. I love 2011; But Look forward to a better 2013.

The fixation on 2011, almost sounds like she doesn't expect to have a better year than that again (or at least she doesn't plan to).

It's all psychological. Don't sound like you're using 2011 as a crutch.
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #1901
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Personally,I demand less creativity than Ex is asking for;I'd be happy to hear Petra say,'Well,she played really hard and it was closer than the score..."---cuz that means that Petra just kicked some ass

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #1902
country flag AfroIYH

AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light AfroIYH is a glorious beacon of light

The problem was in 2012 she never really bounced away, she didn't excel like she was expected to but 2 Grand Slam SFs a QF at Wimbledon & Olympics, No. 8 in the world, won 2 American Hardcourt tournaments which she struggles at, and what you described as what she could of said is the same thing she usually says which you're now chastising her for.
AfroIYH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 01:34 AM   #1903
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
The problem was in 2012 she never really bounced away, she didn't excel like she was expected to but 2 Grand Slam SFs a QF at Wimbledon & Olympics, No. 8 in the world, won 2 American Hardcourt tournaments which she struggles at, and what you described as what she could of said is the same thing she usually says which you're now chastising her for.
I've heard a lot of players (and I'm sure you have as well), when asked about a great year or when they're defending a tournament, they will practically cut off the broadcaster before they finish the question and immediately re-focus on the current.

Serena, Vika, Masha, and even many lesser players are very good at that. Some are more polite at it than others of course.

I'm not saying Petra should be exactly like them. I just feel (and I heard other TF'ers say this on GM regarding one of her interviews), that she appears to lack confidence for the upcoming season. Well, many of us picked up the same thing, during 2012 as well (post Aussie Open).

You don't understand, believe that?

Petra can say and do what she wants. I'm just telling you how it may come off.
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #1904
country flag TimeyWimey

always try to stay positive here in this subforum because i've seen very little negativity even after her worst performances (most of them come from me i would think )

normally i'd rather listen to her reading yellow-page than browse through these tepid column articles, but since she mentioned already her new trainer and the overall evaluation of her off-season homework

now i'm just waiting until she steps into the court

so far as i can remember, the only interview/article that truly interested me in 2012 was the one with a French newspaper (L'EQUIPE?)

she's simply a boring girl in front of English media
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #1905
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Petra could simply say,'Chingate'(IF she could pronounce it correctly),to certain members of the media.....but that would hurt her image with both decent tennis-loving fans and children

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Allaster wins Machorra of the Year award from the Dames In Keen Enterprise league
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote