Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2012, 08:02 AM   #1
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute
Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

The last volume has passed 5000 posts, time to start a new one.

Last edited by James : Dec 29th, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #2
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Volume 5
Volume 4
Volume 3
Volume 2
Volume 1

My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #3
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

first one

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #4
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's good that she got a tough draw! If she wants to get back to the top and win big titles again, she has to learn how to beat top players!
But I agree with Protoss about Caro playing doubles. I think that could only help her game! There is many players ( Aga, Vika, Petra, Sam...) who have played quite a lot of doubles before they got to the very top!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #5
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
I think it's good that she got a tough draw! If she wants to get back to the top and win big titles again, she has to learn how to beat top players!
But I agree with Protoss about Caro playing doubles. I think that could only help her game! There is many players ( Aga, Vika, Petra, Sam...) who have played quite a lot of doubles before they got to the very top!
I think Caroline has to get her singles game sorted out. Doubles is played differently. She dropped off in singles form and needs to do better at holding serve and playing big points. This goes back to her last match vs Petrova, where Caroline couldnt hold serve and lost almost every big point in the match
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #6
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I think Caroline has to get her singles game sorted out. Doubles is played differently. She dropped off in singles form and needs to do better at holding serve and playing big points. This goes back to her last match vs Petrova, where Caroline couldnt hold serve and lost almost every big point in the match
I don't think it's a case of one or the other. I see the best way of improving her serve as being with a coach and training. Of all shots most under a player's control - it's the serve. So in theory - that should be the easiest to coach and improve on during practice. I agree with you that I don't think playing doubles would help her on that.

But I do think she got worse at the net during 2012 whereas I thought that was an area she really looked like she she was getting better at and getting quite good at the net before that. I can understand her not wanting to play doubles when she was winning tournaments and her time was all taken up with her singles matches and she was improving at the net anyway.

But now - I think doubles would be a good idea to help improve her net play and try to build up some practice and confidence at the net. I don't in any way see that as a substitute for coaching/training and working on other/all aspects of her game.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #7
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Even volleying in doubles is different than singles. There are really good volleyers who dont rush the net in singles, because in singles, the key is when to approach & what shot to hit as you come in. You dont just hit it back and come in. That gives your opponent a big advantage.

Anyway, if she improves in singles, she wont want to spend all afternoon waiting around for her doubles match, and if she cant improve her singles, I dont think doubles will help

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #8
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Hello folks!This could just be a case where Caro's smile causes illogical,infectious optimism,but I think she'll be more solid than she was in 2012.Am still not confident enough to predict a lengthy stay in the top 5;however,we'll see some easily visible improvement,IMO

Off-topic: Just saw Chrissie Fan's banner--am not jealous of Rory,but will be available for Caro Consolation Service in case her bf loses his mind and looks for some inevitably-inferior replacement for our Sunshine

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #9
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

So who's providing technical coaching or advice for Caro? I think she needs someone other than Piotr for that, some kind of technical consultant or adviser.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #10
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So who's providing technical coaching or advice for Caro? I think she needs someone other than Piotr for that, some kind of technical consultant or adviser.
I wonder also. If this form drop off is because they both decided to change her forehand technique when she was #1 by 3000 points, a young superstar, then it was a crazy, dangerous decision. She might never recover from it.
But it might be she cant focus and produce good tennis anymore.
We dont know exactly why she isnt the player she used to be, but its almost 2 full years since she was in a final above a Tier 2. This is a Tier 1 with a Tier 1 field, so it will tell a lot, same with AO

Old Dec 30th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #11
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody !

Love Caroline`s smart game and amazing backhand. Let`s hope she finishes 2013 in Top 5

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #12
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Hi everybody !

Love Caroline`s smart game and amazing backhand. Let`s hope she finishes 2013 in Top 5
Thanks, and welcome.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #13
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Hey, Chrissie. Is that Caro in your sig photo? I am assuming it's her, coz of the tennis ball and tennis racket.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #14
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
^^ Hey, Chrissie. Is that Caro in your sig photo? I am assuming it's her, coz of the tennis ball and tennis racket.
Actually, it's Serena Williams doing a Caro impersonation with her Caro lookalike mask and wig.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #15
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Actually, it's Serena Williams doing a Caro impersonation with her Caro lookalike mask and wig.
can't decide which one works better so i'll use both:

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread