Azarenka is going to flop this season: Flop #1 - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #166
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
these, especially the bolded parts.

I'm still convinced that if Clijsters was healthy (she was clearly hampered by her ankle injury and was not moving well for her standards at all), Azarenka would still be slamless but the stars aligned that week for her.
How so? Masha, the GOAT of GOATS ( with her 3 majors at the time...yet she was already discussed like she was some Juju or Vee.. ) was there in the final to stop her. What happened?
bandabou is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #167
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven. View Post
these, especially the bolded parts.

I'm still convinced that if Clijsters was healthy (she was clearly hampered by her ankle injury and was not moving well for her standards at all), Azarenka would still be slamless but the stars aligned that week for her.
Unfortunately, in the late 90s and early 2000s, there weren't any slams to be had. So many great players but only so many slams can be won. Now, anyone can win slams and now they will be compared. This is part of the reason why I still hold Davenport ahead of Maria.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #168
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
How so? Masha, the GOAT of GOATS ( with her 3 majors at the time...yet she was already discussed like she was some Juju or Vee.. ) was there in the final to stop her. What happened?
True.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #169
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Unfortunately, in the late 90s and early 2000s, there weren't any slams to be had. So many great players but only so many slams can be won. Now, anyone can win slams and now they will be compared. This is part of the reason why I still hold Davenport ahead of Maria.
I agree, i'm not trying to shade or anything. But Davenport had a very tough era, she had to fight a lot to win her slams and she could have won more but due to the high level of play in the late 90s and early 2000s she was at disadvantage and her mental strength wasn't really there either.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #170
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute Matt01 has a reputation beyond repute

It's dead obvious that Smitten's predictions are going to flop this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Yeah, Vika's slam win this year is such a sham, going through an injured Clijsters and error-fest Sharapova; she's lucky she didn't have to go through a real player like Errani.

Obviously posters like Sammy01 are still bitter that Vika ended Kim's last real hope of a Slam title so they want Vika to flop as much as possible when in reality her year will be fine while Kim is sitting at home, retired, probably thinking abour her next pathetic farewall tour.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #171
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Obviously posters like Sammy01 are still bitter that Vika ended Kim's last real hope of a Slam title so they want Vika to flop as much as possible when in reality her year will be fine while Kim is sitting at home, retired, probably thinking abour her next pathetic farewall tour.
I said Vika would have a good year. Kim is happy, her husband doesn't have to throw himself out a window to get away from her unlike vika

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #172
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And yet, when it comes to Serena, you don't factor in that she's won HALF her Slams in the same weak era that you claim Maria's benefitted from Just screams inferiority complex / serial hypocrisy.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #173
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
I said Vika would have a good year. Kim is happy, her husband doesn't have to throw himself out a window to get away from her unlike vika
That's low, Sammy. Come on!
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #174
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break My Rapture View Post
Kim was doing x-treme splits at will throughout their semi, hampered by her ankle my ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borrowedheaven View Post
I love Vika and I think she fully deserved her win (injuries are part of the game), but Kim was way slower after her ankle roll.
what borrowedheaven said. Come on, you've watched enough tennis to know that Kim's movement was completely rubish and she wasn't getting to shots she would've normally gotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Yeah, Vika's slam win this year is such a sham, going through an injured Clijsters and error-fest Sharapova; she's lucky she didn't have to go through a real player like Errani.

idk why people keep bringing Errani into this discussion. As much as I hate her, she was an outstanding player during the clay season and didn't fold during the entire FO tournament. She played like a top 10 player. People actually underrate the FO final because it had "only Errani" in it but she definitely made Maria work for the win (and they both came out with positive winners-ue ratio), unlike Maria in the AO final who gifted the match to Vika

Quote:
Mental collapse. Bad match up. No longer the player she was when she won those 3 slams (in much steeper competition too).

Quote:
actually, unlike most Maria stans, I think there is very little separating Maria and Lindsay only because of the amount of tournaments Lindsay won. It's the one reason why I wish Maria would play more tier 2 and weaker tournaments (4 vs 3 slams, 10 vs 11 tier 1s, 1 vs 1 yecs).
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #175
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #176
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
I agree, i'm not trying to shade or anything. But Davenport had a very tough era, she had to fight a lot to win her slams and she could have won more but due to the high level of play in the late 90s and early 2000s she was at disadvantage and her mental strength wasn't really there either.
And yet when the conversation turns to Martina's greatness, people turn around and say she took advantage of a weak, transitional era?
effedcamel is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #177
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pova was after a long break from tennis due to her ankle injury . She actually should have lost in SF , but she decided after her Wimbledon loss never lose again to Petra

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #178
bandabou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
And yet, when it comes to Serena, you don't factor in that she's won HALF her Slams in the same weak era that you claim Maria's benefitted from Just screams inferiority complex / serial hypocrisy.
HALF of her slams... Okay, even if you discount those..still'd leave her with twice as many as Masha anyways, soo...
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #179
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's low, Sammy. Come on!
Don't worry her new BF sideshow bob will bounce when he hits the floor thanks to his hair.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #180
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think that by the time her career is over Maria will rank well ahead of Lindsay in terms of career achievements. But regardless of that, I think that Davenport is probably the most underrated player of the last fifteen years or so, not only based on her grand slam record but just her overall career.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread