Donna Vekic - Page 200 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #2986
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Well first of all I just have to say it's terrible for what happened to Andrea. She has had an unbelievable amount of bad luck these past twelve months with all her injuries. She seems like a really nice girl and seemed friendly with Donna too.

That being said, hopefully Donna will get to take her place. I see no way that they cannot let Donna play now, she would rightfully be absolutely furious if she was snubbed.

I'm going to Germany vs. Italy/Serbia so I'll hopefully get to see Donna in both of those matches!

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #2987
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

By the way I saw Donna practice today She seemed really frustrated with her game, she was spraying her forehand a lot and muttering to herself. I'll post videos and more info later
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #2988
BlueTrees

Here are the videos. There are more coming later.

I didn't have tickets to the main match on the arena but anyone can go to the practice court for free. I literally live a 10 minute drive from the place so it's easy for me to get to. I thought I may as well show up seeing as I didn't have anything on today, so I was there for a couple of hours (also saw Ivanovic). It's kind of weird because it's just in the middle of the city, it's so noisy and there are main roads right around it It was really hot. It was 40 degrees today Even sitting in the stands I was so dehydrated There weren't that many people there watching her play, maybe only 6-7. Someone asked me who she was and I told them, someone else said her name was "Daniela Vekic"

I wouldn't say it was exactly a good practice session for Donna, she was spraying her forehand a lot and seemed quite distressed. Her backhand was great though, she hit some great crosscourt backhands. It's definitely her favourite shot.

I wish I could've had a photo taken with her or something, or an autograph, but I only went there very last minute and was by myself Maybe later in the week, I'm sure I'll see her again
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #2989
BlueTrees

Sorry to spam with yet another post But here is another video. It was taken by SilverSlam who was in the arena today, Donna was serving balls to some lucky fans before the mixed doubles match.

I'll post the rest of mine tomorrow
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #2990
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report and vids BT

I'm pretty sure her team knew there's a good chance that Petko pulls out. I doubt they'd travel so early for no valid reason, so they must've heard Andrea is not 100% healthy. But anyway, it'll be interesting hearing more news.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #2991
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Yes, they have crystal ball .
juan pablo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #2992
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
Yes, they have crystal ball .
Probably not, but I'd be willing to be they have stuff with which they can keep track of the tour from the inside, as well as maintain personal contacts with various people - you know, things like cell phones, computers...I'm pretty sure they have them.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #2993
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

I'm pretty sure Petko wouldn't cried that way if she herslef knew there's a chance for w/d.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #2994
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

maybe vekić team didnt't tell her
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #2995
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I'm pretty sure her team knew there's a good chance that Petko pulls out. I doubt they'd travel so early for no valid reason, so they must've heard Andrea is not 100% healthy. But anyway, it'll be interesting hearing more news.
The Hopman Cup have had reserve players every year
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #2996
country flag juan pablo

Who is male reserve player?
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #2997
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

any official statement so far?
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 02:30 AM   #2998
BlueTrees

Donna is practicing right now with Barty I'll try and ask her when she's done if she knows what's going on
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #2999
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeyWimey View Post
any official statement so far?
Not really just Petkovic hasn't officially withdrawn yet https://twitter.com/hopmancup/status/285187008668778497
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 30th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #3000
BlueTrees

Just got Donna to sign a tennis ball for me, she also gave me a signed photo of her without me even asking Will show you guys when I get home.

I asked her if she's playing now that Petkovic is out and she said "If they don't get a replacement for her" so it's still not confirmed