Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 335 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #5011
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Since she changed her forehand technique in summer of 2011, she hasnt played Vika.
It didnt matter what quarter she is in. Vika, Serena, Maria, Kerber/Kvitova. In any of those, you have to show you're a YEC player to get to the semi.
That what Caro has to re-establish, that she can get to the semi in any draw, anywhere
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #5012
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's inevitable that she would have had to play one of the top players if she goes far, no matter what the draw looked like. Caro had a good end of 2012. If she can now also win a few matches before meeting Vika she will at least have some confidence going into the match. But I'm not worried about Vika at this point. First thing's first - just win the match against that qualifier and we'll go from there.
I thought her end of the 2012 season was somewhat uneven despite some good results. Her level of play seemed to vary a lot from tournament to tournament, match to match, or even within matches. She got into a lot of very tough matches against players she'd have beaten comfortably in the majority of her career. Almost half (48% (10/21)) of her matches were 3 setters after the US Open.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Dec 29th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #5013
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Maybe it's because she sucks at it?

Oh, and a Woz-Vika match is what I hope for as well.
Yah, I know that she sucks at doubles.

I wasn't suggesting some sort of doubles career more like a way of helping her singles by getting more match play, adjusting to conditions.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #5014
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Yah, I know that she sucks at doubles.

I wasn't suggesting some sort of doubles career more like a way of helping her singles by getting more match play, adjusting to conditions.
I dont think doubles will help. She has to work on her singles serve.
Thats what they should have worked with her on.
Strange they tried to change her forehand technique heading into the 2011 hardcourt season when her summer 2010-spring 2011 hardcourt run was so spectacular. She won 5 Tier I's and was in both slam semis, one point from an AO final. Up a break in set 3 in YEC final.
Should have studied all her broken service games in those semis against Vera & Li. But never risk a technique change. That's a huge setback to have to overcome

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #5015
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, if she is to focus on playing singles than she needs to get the good results there. Her draw is challenging but I think that´s going to serve her right. She will be able to test where she is at with her tennis and how well did she prepare during the off-season. I am actually hoping for Woz - Paszek, Woz - Azarenka matches. It would be a great test for Caro and if she wants to stay in top 10 there will be many of those coming anyway.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #5016
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Oh, and a Woz-Vika match is what I hope for as well.
We all hope for it because if we won't get it it probably means that Caro has lost early.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #5017
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

No, Chrissie, I just want her to kick her ass really.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #5018
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
That really shouldn't be said of a top 10 player. The majority of the top 10 doesn't go through all these struggles against players ranked a lot ranked than them.

It's time for Caro to start beating these much lower ranked players in a more convincing fashion and not just squeak by or worse lose to them.
Well Caroline has obviously been in a different place than most of the top 10. Whether it be her motivation, game changes, coach changes, etc...A number on things led to her fall in the rankings so of course she is going to struggle more than most if the confidence is not there. While others have been going up (Kerber, Errani) she has been going down. So i don't know how you can compare her to other top 10 at the moment.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 02:54 PM   #5019
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I agree, if she is to focus on playing singles than she needs to get the good results there. Her draw is challenging but I think that´s going to serve her right. She will be able to test where she is at with her tennis and how well did she prepare during the off-season. I am actually hoping for Woz - Paszek, Woz - Azarenka matches. It would be a great test for Caro and if she wants to stay in top 10 there will be many of those coming anyway.
Ula is better on hard court than Paszek.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #5020
country flag Martn7

Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold Martn7 is a splendid one to behold

Tough draw for Caro, but it's what you could expect in a tournament which has such a high level. It will be interesting to see where her game is at the moment
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #5021
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

(1)Victoria Azarenka (BLR) v BYE
Sabine Lisicki (GER) v Lucie Safarova (CZE)
Urszula Radwanska (POL) v Tamira Paszek (AUT)
Q v (8)Caroline Wozniacki (DEN)

Tough quarter: the top seed plus three players who beat Caro in their last match!
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #5022
country flag goldenlox

Better to have a tough draw now, and softer in Melbourne.
Anyway, for Caroline to re-establish herself means she makes her section a tough draw for everyone else who is in it

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #5023
country flag James
Sassy detective

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute

New volume

My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread