...HardCourt II - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #16
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ...HardCourt II

On a side note, I'm a bit mystified why tournaments use twitter to communicate "live" draws. Seems to me to be about the worst suited medium for the purpose. You just get these little fragmented snippets that everybody struggles to piece together into something coherent, until somebody gets around to publishing the full draw, which can be hours later.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 01:20 AM   #17
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Tough half of the draw but its a good field with the likes of Petra and Maria on the other side so it was always going to be tough. Id be happy if Sam got to the qtrs. Stephens or Cibulkova would be her 2nd round opponent.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 01:21 AM   #18

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
Tough half of the draw but its a good field with the likes of Petra and Maria on the other side so it was always going to be tough. Id be happy if Sam got to the qtrs. Stephens or Cibulkova would be her 2nd round opponent.
Either could be tough on this surface, but again, it could have been worse.

Full draw is out:

http://www.brisbaneinternational.com...omens-draw.pdf
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #19
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT THE FUCK

Did anyone have any inkling about an ankle injury?

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/s...229-2c01t.html
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 01:23 AM   #20
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

I unfortunately wont be there for her first match so I'm really hoping she makes it through to second. Be interesting to see how she is after her ankle issue considering she hasnt done the training she's really wanted to.

edit: ^ Yes, that ankle issue
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #21

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntress55 View Post
Hmmm ... both tough opponents. Stephens wasn't far away from beating Sam at the French this year. And Domi will like her chances on a lower bouncing surface.

But anyway. Just get through your first match Sammy. And please let your ankle be ok

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
WHAT THE FUCK

Not in the slightest. Sam seems to have kept her cards close to her chest on this one, strange for her to suddenly go public with it now.

Still, it seems to be okay atm, so hopefully it won't hamper her on court.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #23
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

So she goes from "I can win the Australian Open" last week to "I have had an injury for the last month" now. Hate to be the one who says it but is somebody suddenly nervous trying to lower expectations.... I completely believe her as she's one not to fake/exaggate injuries ala some other players on tour but it's still bizzare.

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #24

^It is a bit strange. I think what probably happened is that, when asked that kind of question, Sam has a standard response that she gives about believing that she can win. She was just saying the first thing that naturally came to mind.

It is interesting that she chose to cover up the ankle surgery though. I'm not sure what the reasoning there would have been. Maybe she just didn't want the extra media attention ...

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #25
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Quote:
WHAT THE FUCK

I did not know it was due to some injury but I clearly have noticed something in here.
B.

Last edited by bertisonline : Dec 29th, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
bertisonline is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 11:25 AM   #26

Quote:
^It is a bit strange. I think what probably happened is that, when asked that kind of question, Sam has a standard response that she gives about believing that she can win. She was just saying the first thing that naturally came to mind.

It is interesting that she chose to cover up the ankle surgery though. I'm not sure what the reasoning there would have been. Maybe she just didn't want the extra media attention ...
I'm pretty sure this is what happened. I also suspect that she was put on the spot about her injury by some journalist who somehow got wind of it.

I find it hard to believe that she would keep it under wraps for a month (remember all those pics of her happily training in December, as if she didn't have a care in the world?), and then suddenly, a day before the Aussie season starts, blurt out in a presser "My ankle is injured".
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 11:39 AM   #27
country flag Siderophyre

Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future Siderophyre has a brilliant future

Hasn't Sam had her ankle taped when playing for quite some time now? I thought it was from around Madrid in 2012. I wonder if it's the same ankle...

It's later than you think...
Siderophyre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #28
country flag Huntress55

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I'm pretty sure this is what happened. I also suspect that she was put on the spot about her injury by some journalist who somehow got wind of it.
Yeah my guess too.

Plus I dont know how many interviews she has done in the past 5 weeks, probably the first one where she had an opportunity to talk about it.
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post

I find it hard to believe that she would keep it under wraps for a month (remember all those pics of her happily training in December, as if she didn't have a care in the world?), and then suddenly, a day before the Aussie season starts, blurt out in a presser "My ankle is injured".
Well, we all know that Sammy can lose the plot sometimes Down Under

But yeah, I'm sure you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siderophyre
Hasn't Sam had her ankle taped when playing for quite some time now? I thought it was from around Madrid in 2012. I wonder if it's the same ankle...
She said in the interview that it was only bothering her for the last few weeks of the season. But it could have been on the radar for a longer period without causing problems.

Bertrand normally knows these things

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #30
country flag bertisonline

bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of bertisonline has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siderophyre View Post
Quote:
Well, we all know that Sammy can lose the plot sometimes Down Under

But yeah, I'm sure you're right.

She said in the interview that it was only bothering her for the last few weeks of the season. But it could have been on the radar for a longer period without causing problems.

Bertrand normally knows these things
That Doha Open 2012 picture just shows how extreme Sam can be, even with her left ankle.
My theory is that She has felt a discomfort, not to say a real pain, for two years; and has protected and prevented real injurie with tapes. You can see amount of tapes vastly ime than during the match time, than the day after: for me is the real indicator that differentiates pain —superior —meaning psychological signals — from injury — meaning real physical damage.
As the pain remains, I think some surgery process has been decided, to end it before some real, not to say serious, trauma might appear. The in-between season is probably the best time, offering a break time.
B.

Note : I'm absolutely not a physio — nor a Freudian reader, so this is just a personal theory, ”as is”.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (46.7 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by bertisonline : Dec 29th, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
bertisonline is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote