Predictions for 2013 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 26th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #16
country flag Uranus

Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute Uranus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Predictions for 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilles View Post
No she's not playing the AO, I guess it's too far and too expensive for now.
Okay, thanks. That's too bad.
Uranus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 29th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #17
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

Yanina Wickmayer (23): A lot will depend on her mentality. If she keeps switching back and forth between coaches and game plans, her ranking is most likely to drop further. If she does find the strength and determination to stick with one coach who can work on her A-game then she should reach top-20 again.
For 2013 to be a good year she'd have to win 1 or 2 WTA titles and reach R4 or better at at least two slams.

Kirsten Flipkens (54): The surprise from last season, a phoenix rising from the ashes. I truly hope she can carry her good form from last year to this year. If she manages to do so then there's no reason why she can't reach top-30.
2013 goals: top-30, win a tournament, reach at least 1 R4 or QF at a slam (preferably Wimbledon).

Alison Van Uytvanck (199):
This girl has a different game than most of her peers and it also shows in her results. One week she's losing in a 10k, the next week she's beating good players in a 50k. She needs to work on consistency and needs to monitor her scheduling better. There's more in a year than WTA Brussels...
2013 should see her rise to top-120, IF she makes smarter decisions regarding her schedule. Should qualify for at least 1 slam (RG?). Ultimate goal should be direct entry in AO 2014 main draw.

Tamaryn Hendler (329): Ummm... Her last match was a hard-fought Q1 loss at the US Open back in August so I'm guessing she's retired. Could've reached top-50 with a better attitude. Ah well, we'll never know of course.

An-Sophie Mestach (363): It's hard to have an opinion about An-Sophie because I've never really seen her play a singles match. If she stays injury-free she might reach top-150 but that's a big IF.
Goals for 2013: get consistent results in big ITF's and sneak into some qualifying draws of WTA tournaments. Play qualifying at US Open. Year-end ranking should be between 120 and 175.
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 06:48 PM   #18
country flag arn

arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute

Bump, who was the best Madame Soleil last year?!?
arn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2013, 06:56 PM   #19
country flag arn

arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute arn has a reputation beyond repute

To help out, I made a comparison between the ranks end 2012 and now:

Flipkens: 54 - 20
Wickmayer: 23 - 51
Van Uytvanck: 199 -112
Mestdagh: 360 - 144
Bonavonture: 414 - 325
Benoit: 687 - 453
Liebens: no rank - 503
Mertens: no rank - 592
Boev: 979 - 616
Boeykens: 539 - 834
---
Hendler: 323 - No rank
arn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #20
country flag Brαm

Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute Brαm has a reputation beyond repute

I think I made a fairly good analysis
It's obvious that Yanina had a bad year for her usual standards and Kirsten exceeded everyone's expectations, including her own! Alison & Ann-Sophie are pretty much where they should be: knocking on the door of the top-100. A few good showings at WTA or GS level should give them a solid place in the top-100 next year!
Brαm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote