Azarenka is going to flop this season: Flop #1 - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #121
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanejeanne View Post
Someone's still pressed about Vika being number one/having a slam.

Anything can happen in the next 12 months for Vika, as well as for the other players like Serena and Pova. Who would have though Pova would win the 08 Australian in dominate fashion only to blow out her shoulder two months later? If Vika stays healthy and driven she's likely to improve or, at least, stay at her current level which means she beats everyone on hardcourts/grass except Serena and a ridiculously inform Pova. Clay is a crapshoot.

I don't expect her to defend in Melbourne even though it's her best major simply because she's shit at defending titles. But to count her out of the other three is simply retarded.
This is very important to note. Vika has never defended a title, never actually came close to defending her titles. The fact that she has the defence of a slam title coming up will add pressure to Vika no doubt, and I don't mean the kind of pressure because she's #1 because she clearly doesn't mind that, it's the fact that she has never defended a title in her career, not even the smaller ones she's won, let alone a grand slam. Though worth noting is that Vika doesn't return oftenly to skipable tournaments she's won (Brisbane and Memphis in '09, Moscow in '10, Marbella and Lux in '11, Sydney '12). But she has really sucked at defending big tournaments so far in her career.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #122
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
Oh I'm not saying one is worse than the other, but bringing that up in a thread about Azarenka is useless and just another proof that you're obsessed with insinuating things about Sharapova. As I said if you wanna discuss Sharapova's 2013 season, open a thread about it don't pollute other threads.
Not polluting..giving food for thought. It's all.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #123
country flag Trickle
Cetkovstan

Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute Trickle has a reputation beyond repute

Like everyone has said, she managed to stay consistent in 2012, so there's something in the water that shows she has staying power. It will be a big surprise if she does actually flop.
Trickle is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #124
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
Oh I'm not saying one is worse than the other, but bringing that up in a thread about Azarenka is useless and just another proof that you're obsessed with insinuating things about Sharapova. As I said if you wanna discuss Sharapova's 2013 season, open a thread about it don't pollute other threads.
OMG this
Dominic is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #125
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

there already is a "fall cometh" thread about azarenka - in which smitten also posted, so i don't see why s/he felt obliged to create another one.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...ht=fall+cometh

Beat is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:25 PM   #126
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
TF logic: form exists in a vacuum. If a player plays well for a stretch of time, they'll always play well. If a player has a bad year, they'll never return to form.

To them, Azarenka will continue her high level until the day she retires and no one else can challenge her. There are numerous players with bigger games than her who did not play up to their level of tennis in 2012.

Azarenka doesn't have a big enough game to establish any staying power. It takes her too long to win points and she doesn't dictate often enough to ever be a dominant champion.

The overwhelming majority of the reason Azarenka is in the position she is in is because her start to the year of 2012. Serena was flopping/injured, Kvitova was flopping, Clijsters was injured/flopping/semi-retired, etc. She doesn't get a medal for beating Sharapova, Radwanska, and a choking Barthel in every event.

She didn't win fuck all until 5 months after IW despite posting consistent results (which she is able to do thanks to her generic baseline game and general low UE count).

tl;dr: The girl is still local.

He has a point. As crudely put as it is.

I'm always surprised that people rate Azarenka on the strength of her mauling Sharapova every so often. Sharapova is barely even a vague shadow of the player she was 6 years ago. She herself has been blessed with this chasm of opportunity that was created after Henin left the game in '08. Further proof of her decline is the fact that it took her so long (even after recovery from shoulder surgery) to take advantage. Then we have players like Radwanska, Kerber, Errani Well, enough said. This is hardly a mountain of elite opposition that Azarenka has had to overcome.

Azarenka's game is generic as it gets. She plays at a steady, accumulative pace with decent margins, but lacks any sort of immediate weaponry. We even saw Cibulkova of all people, able to hit through Azarenka at will this year, because the rallying ball just doesn't do enough. The depth is solid without really biting the lines, the width isn't extreme enough and she doesn't take the ball early enough or has sufficient enough leverage to finish the points as early as possible.

The keys to her AO was maximising her game to the absolute maximum of her capabilities. The serve had enough good, raw-ish pace and decent placement, she took her forehand earlier, and she was playing at a standard above her normal underpowered, grinding game. The point is however, that she hasn't shown anything close to this level since, suggesting it took an incredible amount of conditioning, intensity and conviction to play that kind of tennis that is otherwise unsustainable for her to play week in week out. It's a contrived style of play that has had no long-term effect compared to those two weeks in Australia. That is the kind of tennis she'd have to play at every Slam next year to truly contend for Slams, and even that wouldn't probably be enough if Serena plays anywhere close to a high level.

Azarenka's Slam-winning days will probably be on hiatus for a while.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #127
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka hate is quite hilarious on this board...
the fact of the matter is that she plays a very modern style of tennis, which has a staying power at the top of the rankings at least. She's simply a female Djokovic minus speed and athleticism part. In other words to beat her on any type of slow hardcurt will take an exceptional performance IF she maintains her last years form next month of course. I'm no fan of hers, but this board like always promotes it's faves and bashes the others according to their own predetermined qualities. Give it a rest already
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #128
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand.

Just because someone has a good/great season doesn't mean that the next season, and season after will follow the trend. This goes for every player (including Serena), just look at most players: Justine, Kvitova, Woz, Ivanovic, Pierce , etc...it happens.

*though I still think Aza will be fine. Anything can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #129
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewce View Post
Like everyone has said, she managed to stay consistent in 2012, so there's something in the water that shows she has staying power. It will be a big surprise if she does actually flop.

ok she flopped at YEC already .... if she is not winning AO or at least reaching Final her flop season will start , she will probably revive not before US series

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #130
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
the fact of the matter is that she plays a very modern style of tennis, which has a staying power at the top of the rankings at least. She's simply a female Djokovic minus speed and athleticism part. In other words to beat her on any type of slow hardcurt will take an exceptional performance IF she maintains her last years form next month of course. I'm no fan of hers, but this board like always promotes it's faves and bashes the others according to their own predetermined qualities. Give it a rest already
Why are you making so much sense lately?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #131
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

I expect she'll have a very similar season to 2012, with the sole exception that she won't win a Slam final.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #132
country flag MashaAzarenka

MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future

A flop for her would be falling out of the top 5. That's not gonna happen, therefore her season will not be a flop. She'll be fine
MashaAzarenka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #133
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I expect she'll have a very similar season to 2012, with the sole exception that she won't win a Slam final.
who are you predicting to take the slams next year? your girl and whom else? or do you have her winning all 4?
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #134
country flag The Dawntreader
La Divina Assoluta

The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute The Dawntreader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Well that's two pretty huge shortcomings you've just described. It's telling to say the least.
The Dawntreader is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #135
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Why are you making so much sense lately?
why, because I don't bash other players just because I'm not a fan of them?
Don't get me wrong, I will never support Vuvurenka, but I'm gonna leave all the hating and senseless bashing to those who urgently need to do so (I hope one day you'll appreciate Pova's tennis too)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread