Azarenka is going to flop this season: Flop #1 - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #106
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

TF logic: form exists in a vacuum. If a player plays well for a stretch of time, they'll always play well. If a player has a bad year, they'll never return to form.

To them, Azarenka will continue her high level until the day she retires and no one else can challenge her. There are numerous players with bigger games than her who did not play up to their level of tennis in 2012.

Azarenka doesn't have a big enough game to establish any staying power. It takes her too long to win points and she doesn't dictate often enough to ever be a dominant champion.

The overwhelming majority of the reason Azarenka is in the position she is in is because her start to the year of 2012. Serena was flopping/injured, Kvitova was flopping, Clijsters was injured/flopping/semi-retired, etc. She doesn't get a medal for beating Sharapova, Radwanska, and a choking Barthel in every event.

She didn't win fuck all until 5 months after IW despite posting consistent results (which she is able to do thanks to her generic baseline game and general low UE count).

tl;dr: The girl is still local.
Smitten is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 28th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #107
country flag Angelus87

Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all Angelus87 is a name known to all

I m not sure about this flop from Vika. Her style for me look most balanced of all players in tour. A lot depend of start of season because of those points to defend.
Angelus87 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #108
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawntreader View Post
I can't see her 'avoiding' Serena to win a Slam. Even if Serena fell early at the French again, she's hardly the presumptive favourite there. Yes, even Sharapova can beat her there.

Well you can't succeed with 'huge holes', especially when it comes to consistently winning Slams. I mean look at Wozniacki.
Serena is unpredictable. She can win the calendar slam next year or decide she's not as interested and take home only one slam.

As long as Serena isn't in the mix, Azarenka has a huge advantage over everyone else including Sharapova who she embarassed a few times this year.
Although I expect Serena to win 3 slams in 2013 so this is all moot anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #109
country flag Smitten

Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute Smitten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
Serena is unpredictable. She can win the calendar slam next year or decide she's not as interested and take home only one slam.

As long as Serena isn't in the mix, Azarenka has a huge advantage over everyone else including Sharapova who she embarassed a few times this year.
Although I expect Serena to win 3 slams in 2013 so this is all moot anyway.
Azarenka has a huge advantage over everyone else only because of recent form.

WWW Peak Kvitova or Peak Azarenka?
WWW Peak Sharapova or Peak Azarenka?
WWW Peak Serena or Peak Azarenka?
WWW Peak Na or Peak Azarenka?
WWW Peak La Borz or Peak Azarenka?

Of course, assuming all things stay the same, which NEVER happens in tennis , Azarenka will be successful.

Azarenka won't win a slam in 2013. Book it. Quote it. Save it. Screenshot it.
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #110
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
TF logic: form exists in a vacuum. If a player plays well for a stretch of time, they'll always play well. If a player has a bad year, they'll never return to form.

To them, Azarenka will continue her high level until the day she retires and no one else can challenge her. There are numerous players with bigger games than her who did not play up to their level of tennis in 2012.

Azarenka doesn't have a big enough game to establish any staying power. It takes her too long to win points and she doesn't dictate often enough to ever be a dominant champion.

The overwhelming majority of the reason Azarenka is in the position she is in is because her start to the year of 2012. Serena was flopping/injured, Kvitova was flopping, Clijsters was injured/flopping/semi-retired, etc. She doesn't get a medal for beating Sharapova, Radwanska, and a choking Barthel in every event.

She didn't win fuck all until 5 months after IW despite posting consistent results (which she is able to do thanks to her generic baseline game and general low UE count).

As I agree with everything you said. It only depends what a flops for her would be. I mean if you consider that being her not winning a GS, then yes, there are big chances tht it will be a flop. On the other hand, I would consider a flop for her only if she can't stay in the top 5, which I don't see happening. She's a safe bet for the top 5 for many years to come unless she is injured.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #111
country flag AcesHigh

AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute AcesHigh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Azarenka has a huge advantage over everyone else only because of recent form.

WWW Peak Kvitova or Peak Azarenka?
WWW Peak Sharapova or Peak Azarenka?
WWW Peak Serena or Peak Azarenka?
WWW Peak Na or Peak Azarenka?
WWW Peak La Borz or Peak Azarenka?

Of course, assuming all things stay the same, which NEVER happens in tennis , Azarenka will be successful.

Azarenka won't win a slam in 2013. Book it. Quote it. Save it. Screenshot it.
Those players aside from Serena are not going to reach anything near their peak in 2013. Unless you have a time machine, Azarenka will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #112
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
Oh and what's the matter to bring Maria in a "useless" thread about VICTORIA AZARENKA's chance to back up her great 2012 results? I'm failing to understand how Sharapova can affect in away the level of play of Azarenka. Unless you admit that Maria would be playing in Vika's mind? Which even the most die hard Masha fan wouldn't even think about. It's one thing to say that Vika's next year result depends on how good Serena and Maria plays but it's another to openly question another player ability to back up their results as well in that same thread. You wanna discuss about Maria's chance to back up her result? Open a new thread and talk about that there and I'll be pleased to see that thread getting close in less than a day. Stop being so obsessed with her.
And why is asking if Masha can back up her 2012 season any worse than saying Vika is gonna flop in 2013? Masha has the same question marks as Vika. They BOTH are dependant on what Serena decides to do next year, soo...

But. let the games play out and we'll see how it goes.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #113
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
And why is asking if Masha can back up her 2012 season any worse than saying Vika is gonna flop in 2013? Masha has the same question marks as Vika. They BOTH are dependant on what Serena decides to do next year, soo...

But. let the games play out and we'll see how it goes.
Oh I'm not saying one is worse than the other, but bringing that up in a thread about Azarenka is useless and just another proof that you're obsessed with insinuating things about Sharapova. As I said if you wanna discuss Sharapova's 2013 season, open a thread about it don't pollute other threads.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #114
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Her tennis will speak for itself. Speculating that she will "flop" this season is off-base and pointless due to the fact that you have little substance to back up that prediction.

I won't be the fool that says "Her year will be as good as 2012, if not better!" But I also certainly won't be the fool to predict that she falls out of the top tier of the game. Seems more like wishful thinking on your part than anything.

Let the season begin.
Temperenka is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #115
country flag Upgraded

Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice Upgraded is just really nice

AO 2012 got u mad, just admit that it's what you wish.
Upgraded is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #116
country flag Smitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
Those players aside from Serena are not going to reach anything near their peak in 2013. Unless you have a time machine, Azarenka will be fine.
K. Those players won't ever play well again and Azarenka is the new GOAT.
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #117
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Someone's still pressed about Vika being number one/having a slam.

Anything can happen in the next 12 months for Vika, as well as for the other players like Serena and Pova. Who would have though Pova would win the 08 Australian in dominate fashion only to blow out her shoulder two months later? If Vika stays healthy and driven she's likely to improve or, at least, stay at her current level which means she beats everyone on hardcourts/grass except Serena and a ridiculously inform Pova. Clay is a crapshoot.

I don't expect her to defend in Melbourne even though it's her best major simply because she's shit at defending titles. But to count her out of the other three is simply retarded.
hurricanejeanne is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #118
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Smitten, if I were you, I would just admit Imade a mistake in the way I set this up.

Look at this as a debate in a room with debaters and an audience to convince.
You put forth the motion to be debated and you open the debate by making your agruments to support the motion/proposition.

The debaters both pro & cons and the audience need to know your supporting arguments to get things started.

It is not too late to update the opening post to get things back on track.
The waters have already been muddied, to continue to post coment like the above will only excerbate the situation.

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Live Stream, football, tennis, etc.. : http://www.sportlemon.tv/
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #119
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

if not winning a Slam and losing her #1 position in 2013 is considered to be a flop for Azarenka, than she will probably flop in 2013...

At the same time i don't see her dropping out of top 3
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 04:03 PM   #120
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Why would she flop? Ok she might not recreate 2012 but I still think she's gonna end up top 3.
Dominic is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread