Azarenka is going to flop this season: Flop #1 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #46
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

If she loses to anyone not named Serena in Brisbane than she's a flop.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 28th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #47
country flag crystal ball

crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of crystal ball has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six Feet Under View Post
I think Maria or Serena have just as much, if not more of a chance of flopping this season than Vika.

Both have shown the capabality of higher peaks, but are undeniably past them. It's getting towards the end of their careers so it's always going to be touch and go every season. Vika has been super-consistent, I don't think her level will drop significantly, but it's a question of if she can keep/raise it if Maria/Serena can produce another good year.

Please just dont let Aga finish YE #1.
This! Except for the Aga part

I mean, seriously, why is almost everybody assuming that Serena and Maria will have a great year? I can see Serena becoming more and more part-timer and Maria loosing her focus. Besides, they are older than Vika and in this sport it may be important. It will be hard for Vika to be so dominant as in the first part of the previous year, but come on... she's proved herself last year.
crystal ball is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #48
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

I don't think so. She'll probably have a worse season than the 2012 one because of Serena's dominance and consistency, but she'll still have a pretty good one, ending the year in the top 3.

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #49
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute sammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

With Vika's metronomic crosscourt intense but high percentage game she aint leaving the top 3/5 for a long time. Think Lena D but with the balls to win.

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate

Follow me on twitter, I talk lots of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #50
debby

debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute debby has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
With Vika's metronomic crosscourt intense but high percentage game she aint leaving the top 3/5 for a long time. Think Lena D but with the balls to win.
OMG YOU ARE BACK YASSS
debby is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #51
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaAzarenka View Post
It's gonna be very tough for Vika to defend all those points up until Miami. But she is definitely not going to "flop" as you put it. She's so consistent now, she always brings a high level to her matches (for the most part, a couple upsets are bound to happen eventually.)

But anyway, I don't see Vika keeping her #1 ranking but she will no doubt stay in the top 3 all year long. & I think she will win one slam, probably the Australian.
how can live anyone with such username.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #52
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Why does a nonsense thread from an obvious hater and troll get 50+ replies?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #53
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

If WTA would be a decent organization, they would just ban this Shevil from any sport event.
C. Drone is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #54
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
I've been saying this too.

I think the pressure is gonna get to her...

We shall see anyway.
I don't think so. If she couldn't deal with the pressure it would have shown immediately after she won the AO and took over the #1 ranking. Instead of crumbling she went on a 26 match winnig streak. Even a loss like the USO final will actually encourage her because she came so close to winning it. In a way the pressure is off her somewhat because everyone expects Serena to destroy the field in 2013. That doesn't mean that Vika will win another major or end the season as #1. But I wouldn't be terribly surprised if she ended up achieving one or even both of those things. Unless severe injuries make it impossible I would be very surprised if she ends the year out of the top four though.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #55
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. She has shown time and time again that pressure does not bother her. Right after the AO or the USO final would have been the moments to crumble but she didn't, quite the contrary...she went on to win big titles just weeks after.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #56
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Yeah I don't think she's bullshitting when she says the pressure doesn't really bother her all the time in press conferences.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #57
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1_and_uh_noone View Post
If it is so obvious, what is there to discuss?
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #58
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Yeah I don't think she's bullshitting when she says the pressure doesn't really bother her all the time in press conferences.
Yes, if anything, I think she only gets more motivated by being number one.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 12:51 PM   #59
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #60
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, i think she had way more pressure when she was a rising star but she didn't do that well at GS.
Now she is a Slam winner, she showed that she can compete with anyone, if she were mentally tougher the US Open final would be a different story, but at least she knows she can compete against the best players.
If she doesn't do well this year, it will be for different reasons, being out of form, injuries, but if all goes ok, i think she will win a Slam
jj74 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread