Nicole Gibbs - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 6th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #61
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nicole Gibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaystennis View Post
It's actually going to be pretty close. The cutoff, if I recall, has been getting higher and higher every year. It was like 215 or something last year?
Yeah, i just noticed that last years cut off was #221. There's a chance she could move up a couple spots as she doesn't have any pts to defend for the next couple weeks. It's going to be very close!
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #62
country flag erschloy214

erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all

I wonder if she will turn pro before she graduates college? She seems like she could def be a top 100 player if not higher.
erschloy214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #63
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

I really think she should turn pro soon. Most likely after her junior year at Stanford. She really has nothing to prove at the collegiate level, so its time for her to face the big girls.
At least, she can still beat Mal...
I doubt she will lose any points as she started to gain points in July. I think her size may be a factor, but she is not going to be intimidated
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #64
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

With Flavia Pennetta's withdrawal, Nicole will probably enter Australian QD.
Lighter is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #65
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Imagine that...leaving home on Christmas eve to leave the country with hopes of qualifying for a tennis tournament

Good luck Gibbsy!!!
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #66

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
With Flavia Pennetta's withdrawal, Nicole will probably enter Australian QD.
That's gr8 news She's also 1st ALT in the Brisbane Q Draw. Just one player needs to WD by morning
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #67

AO Q1: Gibbs d. Y. Sema 6-4 6-3

It's so nice to see her scalp a win at the AO after being in Australia since X-Mas .
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #68
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Way to go Gibbsy! So glad she got the opportunity to play and win a match here! The win will put her just inside the top 200 and hopefully allow her to compete in the French Open and Wimbledon quallies!

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #69
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Great job Nicole
Old Jan 10th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #70
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
AO Q1: Gibbs d. Y. Sema 6-4 6-3

It's so nice to see her scalp a win at the AO after being in Australia since X-Mas .
So true!!!

Hope she makes the MD...
Old Jan 12th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #71
country flag tie_breaker

Interesting article providing the insight of the financial risks of being an amateur, funding a 3 week trip to Australia using personal funds, and the challenge to maintain a course load.
I would have thought that her scholarship at Stanford would have allowances to cover her expenses for tennis tournaments.

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...Sets&seid=auto
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #72

Nicole won her 1st rd match yesterday at the 25K in Rancho Sante Fe. She defeated Zuzana Zlochova 6/1 7/6
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #73
country flag goOudinUSA
USA 2:1 Ghana

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Go Nicole!

R2 vs Mayo Hibi. GL Nicole!

Bally

Tim Howard
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #74
country flag tie_breaker

She won her match against Hibi 3 and 4

Next up is QF against Irina Khromacheva
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #75
country flag tie_breaker

She just tweeted that she won her QF match 2 and 0

Her SF match will be against Tetyana AREFYEVA