Ivana Jorović - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 03:30 AM   #31
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ivana Jorović

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
That's great news, I guess. Taylor is a huge talent.
Yeah that very good news I hope she keep improving and do great next year in 2013, I would love too see her in the top 10 in juniors

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #32
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, what's going on with TT now? Do those idiots still make a fuss about her weight?
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #33
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Btw, what's going on with TT now? Do those idiots still make a fuss about her weight?
Yeah it seem like it, since the USTA not funding her too play at the Australian Open next year for Juniors nor Pro level and she the Junior Champ this year

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 04:25 AM   #34
country flag Trey

An Article on how the match went

On Monday morning, Lagardere Unlimited announced it had signed ITF World Junior No. 1 Taylor Townsend to a representation contract. Townsend and her family had been talking with the company, which represents current and former World No. 1s Victoria Azarenka and Caroline Wozniacki as well as young Americans Sloane Stephens and Melanie Oudin, since the US Open in September.

"I thought it was all about timing, and was really ready and really excited," said the 16-year-old from Georgia. "Lagardere has been showing interest for a while and my mom was talking with them for a while and we got a chance to meet in New York. It was over time, it wasn't just an instant decision. There was a lot of thought put into it, and I was really excited and I thought now was the right time."

Townsend, who made her decision right before Thanksgiving, was back on the court Monday in the first round of the Orange Bowl, after falling in the third round of the Eddie Herr last week. The No. 1 seed had a tough match with 15-year-old Ivana Jorovic of Serbia, needing six match points and over two hours to post a 7-6(1), 7-6(6) victory.

Townsend was down 3-0 and two breaks in the first set before winning four games in a row, as Jorovic used her power from the backhand side to keep Townsend away from the net. Townsend raised her game in the opening tiebreaker, while Jorovic's level plunged, with unforced errors and a double fault, as well as two Townsend drop shot winners, proving her undoing.

Townsend got a break to take a 3-2 lead in the second set and held it until she served for the match at 5-4. Jorovic saved three match points in the game, one with a vicious forehand winner, then took the game with a backhand winner. Serving at 5-6, Townsend saved a set point at 30-40 with an inside in forehand winner and held to force a second tiebreaker.

With her forehand balky at times early in the match, Townsend finally began to get consistency from it in the tiebreaker. She used two forehand winners to earn a 5-3 lead in the tiebreaker, then got a backhand error from Jorovic a point later to earn two more match points. A good return from Jorovic forced an error for 6-5, then another backhand winner, this one on the line made it 6-6. Townsend earned her sixth match point when Jorovic sent a forehand wide, and this time she converted, hitting a forehand winner after some excellent defense when Jorovic seemed to control the point.

"I don't think I played too well," said Townsend, who went directly from Stadium Court to a practice court to work on her serve with USTA National Coach Kathy Rinaldi. "You're not going to have great days every day, and I'm just glad I was able to get through it. Mentally I was able to stay in there even though I had my chances in both sets. It was really close and she was playing really well."

Townsend will meet Indy de Vroome of the Netherlands in the second round. De Vroome beat Townsend at last year's Orange Bowl in the third round.

"I'm excited to play her again," Townsend said. "She's a good player and I think it's going to be a good match. I'm not going to reminisce about last year--it's one full year later, and a lot has happened in that year--but I'm looking forward to playing that match.

Old Dec 4th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #35
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I never was at an ITF event before, but if Ivana decides to play some satellite in Serbia, I'd like to watch her. Did anyone here attend satellite events in Serbia? I'd like to get some information.
I go to Palic 10k every year, for 5 years now. It used to be a 50k, when I saw some really good players. The tournament takes place in July or August, depending on the calendar, it's worth a visit.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #36
country flag verdegreen

verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of

To bad for IJ, i hope she has a great 2013!
I forgot that Palic was 50k Damn, it is to embarassing that we dont have nothing stronger than 10k in entire country
verdegreen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #37
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It View Post
I go to Palic 10k every year, for 5 years now. It used to be a 50k, when I saw some really good players. The tournament takes place in July or August, depending on the calendar, it's worth a visit.
Oh, nice. It could be like a nice small vacation, sunbathing + watching tennis, it sounds cool.
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #38
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of

Ivana will be starting her season in Australia. Warming up with the G1 and then the Australian Open. Hoping for a big year for her!
Kutuzova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 02:40 AM   #39
country flag Trey

^ would love too see her crack the top 30-20

Old Dec 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #40
country flag Igorche

Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute Igorche has a reputation beyond repute

^ top 15
Bojana Jovanovski/Jelena Janković/Ana Ivanović/Vesna Dolonc/Aleksandra Krunić/Jovana Jakšić/Ivana Jorović/Doroteja Erić/Katarina Jokić/Nina Stojanović/Dejana Radanović/Nikolina Jović/Natalija Kostić/Tamara Čurović/Jelena Dokić/Kristina Mladenović/Andrea Petković
Igorche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #41
country flag Trey

That Even Better LOL

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 04:36 AM   #42
country flag Trey

Ivana Jorovic (SRB) d. Xiaodi You (CHN) 63 62
(5)Anna Danilina (KAZ) d. Ivana Jorovic (SRB) 63 64

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #43
country flag Trey

Tough lost but lost too seeded player so not so bad

Old Jan 13th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #44
country flag Jose.

Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute

Ivana Danilina is good and more experienced so it's okay

Jankovic | Goerges | Petkovic | Safarova | Hsieh | Tsurenko
Azarenka | Barthel | Voegele | Morita | Beck | Muguruza
Koehler | Mladenovic | Garcia | Martic | Robson | Cepelova
Babos | Ormaechea | Jaksic | Gasparyan | Eraydin | Soylu
Allgurin | Kontaveit | Zacarias | Pigossi | Haddad Maia | Abduraimova
Konjuh | Bencic | Komardina | Haas | Jorovic | Galfi | Stollar
Jose. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #45
country flag verdegreen

verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of verdegreen has much to be proud of

She plays 14 seed Routliffe in AO, and 2on seedes Siniakova in r3....

ERIĆ*JOKIĆ*JOROVIĆ
IVANOVIĆ*JOVANOVSKI*JAKŠIĆ

KVITOVA*DATE-KRUM*PETKOVIĆ*MLADENOVIĆ*LI

NETTENIS.ORG
verdegreen is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote