Taylor Townsend Thread - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #166
country flag erschloy214

erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all erschloy214 is a name known to all
Re: Taylor Townsend Thread

I don't think it's that bad of a thing that Taylor is staying in the US instead of going over to Australia. She's so young and will be just turning pro. I believe she'd get a lot more confidence winning some ITFs and transitioning into WTA events. She really hasn't played many pro players either, so could have very well lost early in qualies and had a tougher start to the year.
erschloy214 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 17th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #167
country flag DeucesAreWild

DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future DeucesAreWild has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Yes a $ 25K and a $10K in Florida the beginning of January.

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
Thank you!

It's upsetting that she doesn't have the funding to compete at the AO. What is the USTA's problem? Seems to me they are still upset and likely punishing her for ignoring their wishes concerning the USO. Even more, upset over all the negative press. Yet, she seems like a tough girl and will do well in spite of the unnecessary drama.
DeucesAreWild is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #168
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeucesAreWild View Post
Thank you!

It's upsetting that she doesn't have the funding to compete at the AO. What is the USTA's problem? Seems to me they are still upset and likely punishing her for ignoring their wishes concerning the USO. Even more, upset over all the negative press. Yet, she seems like a tough girl and will do well in spite of the unnecessary drama.
I'm not sure if it will help but I tweeted Martina Navratilova, Lindsay Davenport, Venus, and Serena. I also messaged Taylor saying I would help out with some funds if she needs them

I really think she deserves a chance to play the AO. If the reason for her not going is STRICTLY because of lack of funds, this is not right. But if her and her team thinks it's better to stay in the US and play events then that's a different story. But according to her own tweet, it's because of a lack of funds.

https://twitter.com/CoryInger/status/280771485570854912

You guys should retweet if you have a twitter
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #2 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles(5): Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #25 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles(6): Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Inger67 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #169
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we should post the article on GM so more people are aware of what is purely scandalous to my mind. I mean, she wans't even invited to take part to the AO WC playoffs.

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #170
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonaraver View Post
Maybe we should post the article on GM so more people are aware of what is purely scandalous to my mind. I mean, she wans't even invited to take part to the AO WC playoffs.
I think that's a good idea. I'm sure some people will say straight away, player thread. But it's worth a shot to say the least.
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
Titles(5): Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
Titles(6): Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 01:37 AM   #171
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you!

They better be careful or she might move to Kazakhstan
But in all seriousness the way they are treating her is ridiculous. That she didn't get invited to the WC play-off is semi understandable because they probably wanted her to play Orange Bowl and finish the year as Number 1, along with the fact that she may not be considered one of the best 8 Americans not to make MD, but that she can't go because of lack of funds is pure shit.

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 02:16 AM   #172
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Not sure if QWC is still available or until when it will be.

She will play 2 ITF tournaments in Florida in the beginning of January.

guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #173
country flag Inger67

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
Not sure if QWC is still available or until when it will be.

She will play 2 ITF tournaments in Florida in the beginning of January.

So sad

At least she will play some tournaments in January, I guess..
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 02:37 AM   #174
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

She will win both, too! Show the USTA how bad they screwed her...

Bally

goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #175
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you!

Agree!!!

What USTA did to her is not nice. She deserves a chance for Australia. Best Junior long time USA has. Why rhey don´t protect her and help her for a good start turning pro?
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 06:45 AM   #176
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
They better be careful or she might move to Kazakhstan
But in all seriousness the way they are treating her is ridiculous. That she didn't get invited to the WC play-off is semi understandable because they probably wanted her to play Orange Bowl and finish the year as Number 1, along with the fact that she may not be considered one of the best 8 Americans not to make MD, but that she can't go because of lack of funds is pure shit.
100% agree!!!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #177

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Some more pics from OB (credits to Richard Van Loon)

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova

Last edited by Losing Streak : Dec 19th, 2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #178
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Lookin' good
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #179

And some pics of Taylor at Roehampton this year

Last edited by Losing Streak : Dec 26th, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old Dec 25th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #180
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
A nice article http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/23/sp...anted=all&_r=0

guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote