Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mona Barthel

520K views 5K replies 150 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
die 18jährige schülerin, derzeit nummer 624 der welt, besiegte heute in der ersten runde der stutgart-quali KARIN KNAPP (wta 67 / 5) mit 61 36 64. respekt! :)

#4,581 ·
Me too. I wonder what she is doing now. I hope she works on her footwork. Her movement is very good for a player of her height but her footwork is so lazy and poor imo. :(

Physically/fitness-wise Mona is great overall imo. Her body-type is perfect for a tennis player. She reminds me of Novak who has a very flexible body. His upper body extremely flexible which hleps him generate a lot of raw power. Mona's upper body is extremely flexible too. She is gifted physically not just very gifted in terms of tennis ability.

#4,584 · (Edited)
I never get bored of watching Bitchmayer getting a beatdown from Mona.:drool: I have 7 full matches of Mona on my hardisk.

Mona vs Kerber - Hobart. :drool:
Mona vs Bitchmayer - Hobart. Nothing is better than destroying Bitchmayer.:drool:
Mona vs Parmentier in HD - Paris. She totally crushed her. :lol:
Mona vs Ivanovic in HD - Stuttgart. Poor Ana. That match wasn't on her racket at all. :lol:
Mona vs Bartoli in HD - Stuttgart. My fav Mona match. :hearts:
Mona vs Azarenka in HD - Stuttgart. Even though she lost.:hug: She made almost all the "WOW!" shots in that match while Vika was just solid (and boring). I was so proud of her and I love the fact the Sam Smith was falling inlove with Mona's talent. :p
Mona vs Kvitova - Cincy. Shame she choked. :sad:

So yeah, when I'm bored, I have a lot of options. :lol:

#4,586 ·
I guess that Mona is not that kind of person who wants and needs to be an active member on twitter.
It`s about 95% for useless information and more or less interesting blabla and that`s definitely not her style.
But she will feel flattered that there`s a fanclub of her.

Hisagi, could you post some more sequences of her matches from last year ? Of course just when you can find the time to do so.:wavey:

#4,590 ·
Sorry Hisagi, my fault. I forgot that we are still in 2012.
I meant the matches of this year.:eek:
:lol:

Nevermind. :p
The other great matches I didn't mention:

Mona vs Jankovic.
Mona vs Cetkovska.:drool: :drool:

And thanks for the pics.
To me it looks like a Carneval costume of Bat girl or something.
But why did she leave off the face mask ?:D
:spit:

Very funny. That would be cool I would say. :D

#4,591 ·
Next year I will stalk Mona everywhere when she comes to Doha. :oh: :lol:

1. I will take 89767564 pics and videos of her.
2. I will try my best to take a photo with her.
3. I will try to talk with her a little bit (if she doesn't mind of course).
4. If #3 happens, then I will tell her to get a coach for god's sake. :eek: :lol:

#4,592 ·
Next year I will stalk Mona everywhere when she comes to Doha. :oh: :lol:

1. I will take 89767564 pics and videos of her.
2. I will try my best to take a photo with her.
3. I will try to talk with her a little bit (if she doesn't mind of course).
4. If #3 happens, then I will tell her to get a coach for god's sake. :eek: :lol:
The German fed cup team captain doesn't agree, because:

Unsere Topspielerinnen (Kerber, Görges, Lisicki, Barthel, Petkovic) haben mittlerweile ihr Umfeld komplett professionalisiert.
(http://www.barbara-rittner.de/)

"Our top players now have completely professionalized their tennis environments."

There you have it: Mona's mum is a professional coach! So everything is fine. :cheer: Oh dear.. :facepalm:

#4,601 ·
Mittlerweile kann man dir echt nicht mehr glauben :lol:
Hinter dem Trollaccount verbirgt sich wahrscheinlich ein anderer User aus dem deutschen Forum :spit:

Reactions: Carsten
#4,607 ·
Baby Mona :awww:

I'm looking at these pictures and I see her juniors matches now too. She had hard-working holidays in 2005 :lol: apart from this, she did not play a lot of in juniors career. She did not beat a lot of great players and rarely met with the best junior in this time. She was only 212 in ranking. All of these doesn't matter. She grows into great player with great scores in early age, at only 22. Hopefully she will keep it and will bump in the ranking more and more. She deserves it. WTA needs players like Mona. With great attitude, great groundstrokes, great personality,great smile and bad brain.

Do I always have to write that essays about Mona? I can't stop. :lol: I'm too addicted to Mona :awww:

#4,609 ·
This was posted in German here so I will post it in English. :p

The 2012 season is over and I am already preparing for 2013.

2012 was the first year that I have played completely on the WTA Tour. I am very pleased with my performance in 2012. I managed to win my first WTA title in Hobart, made it into the third round at the Australian Open and had several "super" games against top players, such as Victoria Azarenka in Stuttgart or Indian Wells.

Of course, sometimes I would have liked playing a little more consistent, but, as I said, it was my first year on the WTA Tour. I had to get used to the rhythm. Before 2012, I had played tournaments in Europe. Lots of long flights and jet lag were new to me.

Now I know what to expect and I'm looking forward to next year.
This was her opinion about her 2012 season.

#4,615 ·
This was posted in German here so I will post it in English. :p

This was her opinion about her 2012 season.
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
Interesting to see Mona having an extreme top spin forehand grip compared to today where she almost uses a continental grip to hit her forehand.

I love her FH (the FH motion and the easy power she generates with that shot). It's a great attacking weapon. She can generate so much pace effortlessly on her FH wing. The biggest issue with her FH is that she can't defend at all with it. Maybe that's because of her grip. I'm not sure.

Overall, I wouldn't say her FH is a weakness. It's great offensively and poor defensively so yeah overall it's not bad.

Hi, i am new here on this forum. :wavey:

I was watching Mona's style of play closely when she played against Mayr-Achleitner in the german league. It was for me plain to see that she uses a semi-western grip on her forehand which normally should allow her to make good defensive shots. So i dont think that her grip is the problem, maybe her lack of flexibilty in her wrist. She doesnt have the kind of wrist acceleration like Kerber has, especially when it comes to defense. I also think she looses some of her determination when she gets under pressure. Then she often starts slicing on her forehand what makes no sense to me. But i am sure she will improve over the next two years on her little weaknesses.

On the whole i would describe Mona as a pure natural swinger who can hit huge with effortless ease. When she is on she is always able to give her shots the right speed to make a winner. I have never seen so much talent in a female tennis player. Its really absurd!

But will she be successful (in terms of winning slams)? If she can build up the kind of determination and mental strength like Kerber has then clearly yes. But if she doesnt improve her mental abilities (maybe with the help of an experienced professional coach) she could become a tragic underachiever. In any case i will always admire her talent and enjoy watching her matches.

#4,624 ·
Hi, i am new here on this forum. :wavey:

I was watching Mona's style of play closely when she played against Mayr-Achleitner in the german league. It was for me plain to see that she uses a semi-western grip on her forehand which normally should allow her to make good defensive shots. So i dont think that her grip is the problem, maybe her lack of flexibilty in her wrist. She doesnt have the kind of wrist acceleration like Kerber has, especially when it comes to defense. I also think she looses some of her determination when she gets under pressure. Then she often starts slicing on her forehand what makes no sense to me. But i am sure she will improve over the next two years on her little weaknesses.

On the whole i would describe Mona as a pure natural swinger who can hit huge with effortless ease. When she is on she is always able to give her shots the right speed to make a winner. I have never seen so much talent in a female tennis player. Its really absurd!

But will she be successful (in terms of winning slams)? If she can build up the kind of determination and mental strength like Kerber has then clearly yes. But if she doesnt improve her mental abilities (maybe with the help of an experienced professional coach) she could become a tragic underachiever. In any case i will always admire her talent and enjoy watching her matches.
I forgot to welcome you. Sorry. :p Is Mona your 1st favorite player now? Good to see another Mona fan here.

I agree with you by the way. Great post. She obviously has a massive talent. Easily the most talented German on the tour. She can do anything with the tennis ball and she does that effortlessly. Probably some will laugh at me for saying this but I believe she is as talented as Kvitova or at least she is close to Petra in terms of raw talent.

I don't expect from her to win slams or become top 5 player to be honest but I hope she will have a great/good career with no major injuries. Mona is probably the best thing happened to womens tennis since 2011/2012. For me at least.

#4,612 ·
I love her FH (the FH motion and the easy power she generates with that shot). It's a great attacking weapon. She can generate so much pace effortlessly on her FH wing. The biggest issue with her FH is that she can't defend at all with it. Maybe that's because of her grip. I'm not sure.

Overall, I wouldn't say her FH is a weakness. It's great offensively and poor defensively so yeah overall it's not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.