Donna Vekic - Page 197 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:23 PM   #2941
country flag ma re
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,927
ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
Where is Donna playing before AUSO?

Anyone know?
She is committed to Hopman Cup, as a reserve. Other than that I have no idea, probably nothing. Not the most exciting schedule because she probably won't get to play at all, but it would surely be nice to see her there, facing a high caliber opponent without the pressure of ranking points.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 03:51 PM   #2942
country flag TimeyWimey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,353
TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Donna Vekic

watching Djokovic, talking to him and probably getting some instructions before Australian Open, I don't think Donna would ask for more

just like having the opportunity to practice with Rafa before RG or Roger before SW19
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #2943
BlueTrees
.
 
BlueTrees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 11,486
BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

The first video of DV TV is up! Check her Facebook She's being filmed doing her latest photo shoot in London.

Donna should be coming to Perth soon
__________________
Eugenie Bouchard / Lucie Safarova / Elina Svitolina / Camila Giorgi / Sorana Cirstea
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 07:29 AM   #2944
country flag ma re
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,927
ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Do you guys know of any other player still outside of top 100 who is putting this much into marketing? Grab the racquet and work on results Donna - it'll be the best marketing you could've ever hoped for.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #2945
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,487
JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Do you guys know of any other player still outside of top 100 who is putting this much into marketing? Grab the racquet and work on results Donna - it'll be the best marketing you could've ever hoped for.
It's the off season.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #2946
country flag chingching
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 16,907
chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Do you guys know of any other player still outside of top 100 who is putting this much into marketing? Grab the racquet and work on results Donna - it'll be the best marketing you could've ever hoped for.
This
A little bit of social media is good because it keeps her in contact with her fans, but she wastes too much time
I actually think she is the most active WTA player
Way too active for someone who does even have over 10,000 fans
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #2947
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,487
JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

She has to market herself because she's Croatian and no one would take notice of her otherwise..
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #2948
country flag ma re
Senior Member
 
ma re's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 12,927
ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

JarkaFish don't get me wrong, I'm a fan too - heck, I was the one who opened this thread when Donna was just starting out on the junior circuit - but too much is too much. Your argument that she has to market herself because of her origin is not valid, because we are a very popular tennis nation, with Grand slam champions and Davis cup titles from recent past. However, it's obvious that Donna Vekic is a huge business project first and foremost, and I'd like to see an athlete in her a bit more often, cause she is starting to remind me increasingly more of Ana Kournikova, not Caroline Wozniacki (with whom people for some reason often compare her). Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, interviews, fotosessions...for someone ranked at 109? Yes, it's too much. Some of her PR people are (I'm pretty sure) active on this forum as well, cause we're informed of absolutely everything regarding the girl, in case we missed it some place else. All in all, that's my view on the subject, we all have a right to an opinion and this here is mine.



Last edited by ma re : Dec 24th, 2012 at 09:07 AM.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 10:17 AM   #2949
country flag guichard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,893
guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Do you guys know of any other player still outside of top 100 who is putting this much into marketing? Grab the racquet and work on results Donna - it'll be the best marketing you could've ever hoped for.
Bouchard. The only difference she doesn't put all those videos/photos online.


Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #2950
country flag guichard
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,893
guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
JarkaFish don't get me wrong, I'm a fan too - heck, I was the one who opened this thread when Donna was just starting out on the junior circuit - but too much is too much. Your argument that she has to market herself because of her origin is not valid, because we are a very popular tennis nation, with Grand slam champions and Davis cup titles from recent past. However, it's obvious that Donna Vekic is a huge business project first and foremost, and I'd like to see an athlete in her a bit more often, cause she is starting to remind me increasingly more of Ana Kournikova, not Caroline Wozniacki (with whom people for some reason often compare her). Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, interviews, fotosessions...for someone ranked at 109? Yes, it's too much. Some of her PR people are (I'm pretty sure) active on this forum as well, cause we're informed of absolutely everything regarding the girl, in case we missed it some place else. All in all, that's my view on the subject, we all have a right to an opinion and this here is mine.


I agree . The other thing is that social media is very easy to use. It is elementary to upload a video/photo. I know not many players are doing it but it makes it easy for her.


Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free

Last edited by guichard : Dec 24th, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 11:46 AM   #2951
country flag Embittered
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,785
Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Some of her PR people are (I'm pretty sure) active on this forum as well, cause we're informed of absolutely everything regarding the girl, in case we missed it some place else.
That sounds far-fetched to me, if for no other reason than that a PR person would get disheartened at how little work paulmara left for them to do.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #2952
Royals.
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,821
Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

I see nothing wrong with Donna Vekic being doing photoshoots etc. Laura Robson and Eugenie Bouchard were all been thrown into the spotlight when they were 16.

Eugenie was Canada's new hope same with Laura. Now Donna is Croatia's new hope. It's all apart of the game. Donna is making money from this which can only benefit her...
__________________
It's a new art form showing people how little we care.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #2953
Royals.
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,821
Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Besides, there's not much Donna can do now. WTA has restricted her from playing a certain amount of Pro tournaments. So Donna won't be able to fully be apart of the Pro tour until she's 18...

I do think she'll be ranked in the Top 60/70 next year or even higher.. but she's restricted so there's not much she could do.
__________________
It's a new art form showing people how little we care.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #2954
country flag petar_pan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 138
petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Donna Vekic

Yeah, that is the problem around young sportsmen today.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 24th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #2955
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:
 
tennismaster8820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Safe place.
Posts: 20,196
tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

I like what Donna is doing, keeping her fans informed about everything + giving a lot of extra info.
It keeps me more interested.
It's what she has done always and her results were more than fine.
As long as she is enjoying it and it certainly looks so, there is nothing wrong with it.
Whoever doesn't like it doesn't have to follow it and all is fine.

I wish some players would do even 20 % of what is Donna doing...
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios