Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread - Page 37 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 28th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #541
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Tereza Mrdeza cheering thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Tereza is definately doing good lately, this being her 3rd consecutive QF on a 50k. But this next match against Svitolina is pretty important cause this is the sort of opposition that Tereza needs to get acustomed to defeating if she wants to keep moving forward.

Svitolina qualified for USO this year, beating Savchuk, LDB and Savinykh along the way, before losing to Ivanovic, so it'll definately be a challenge. But here's the deal; Tereza has accumulated many results where she got a similar amount of points as for reaching this QF, and this week she's even defending a 10k title, so if she loses she'll practically gain nothing. Even if she weren't defending anything, these points would move her only 4-5 spots ahead, while even a semi wouldn't get her more than 10 spots forward.

She is approaching another "make or break moment", cause soon she'll have to reach another level again, in order to continue her progress. In three weeks she'll again be defending more than a dozen points and between mid November and mid December around 50. So a lot of job is ahead, and plenty at stake. Her place in the Melbourne qualies is not in danger, but her place in the top 200 definately is, if she doesn't do well in the next 10 weeks. Hope she's ready for it all.

Everything you say is true, ma re. I'm hopeful that Tereza can rise to meet the next challenges ahead of her, as she has done until now. In the last few months she has played better opponents than ever before. She has beaten some of them, and she appears to learn from her defeats.

I'm not saying Tereza will become a top 50 player, but top 150 is doable. Even if she doesn't defend any points until the end of 2012 (which is unlikely), she'll drop down to only about 210, which isn't terrible. After that, she's not defending any points until early March, so she has plenty of time to make up for it. Beyond that her points are extremely well distributed among tournaments and throughout the year. That greatly reduces the pressure on her to do well at any one tournament.

By the way, a good, achievable goal for Tereza for next year would be to win 1-2 matches at GS qualies (QR1 is worth 40 points).
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2012, 10:52 PM   #542
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Another reason to feel good about Tereza's progress: the player she lost to at $50K Telavi--Svitolina, in the QF--went on to win the title. And she did it easily, losing only 19 games in five matches.
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #543
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Tereza deserves a lot of credit for her consistency. She almost always reaches the round she's supposed to, and more often than not she exceeds it.
Ugh--I jinxed her:

$25K Sant Cugat, R1: [WC] Eva FERNANDEZ-BRUGUES (ESP) def. [6] Tereza MRDEZA (CRO) 67(2) 63 62
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #544
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

awful
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2012, 06:36 AM   #545
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bummer, but at least the Spaniard is a former top 200 (c-h of 185 from '09). Sure, she's had an awful year but still...
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23rd, 2012, 01:55 PM   #546
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like we have an interesting start to 2013 in store for us when it comes to our #4, cause she's one of the top seeds in a Chinese 50k, but also the 4th alternate in Shenzhen WTA Tereza means business
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #547
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Looks like we have an interesting start to 2013 in store for us when it comes to our #4, cause she's one of the top seeds in a Chinese 50k, but also the 4th alternate in Shenzhen WTA Tereza means business

Tereza made it into the Q draw (possibly as the last direct acceptance). In QR1 she plays the #8 seed, Yi-Miao Zhou (#177).

It's a 16-person draw, so Tereza got just about the best draw possible. Good luck to her now!
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #548
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Good draw for first round, but if she wins she will probably play against Kimiko

Hope that she is well prepared and that she will have a good season

btw. she was first seed on 50 000$ tournament in Quanzhou but she withdraw

Wonder if she is even in China
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #549
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

she wd because she has chance to play q of aus open
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #550
country flag networthy

Quote:
Tereza deserves a lot of credit for her consistency. She almost always reaches the round she's supposed to, and more often than not she exceeds it.
I'm afraid I jinxed Tereza very badly. She was having an excellent season precisely until the day I posted the message above (Sept. 27). Since then, she's 1-6 in singles (and the only win was against someone ranked in the 400s) and 1-3 in doubles.

I'm sorry, Tereza
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #551
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

^^
Yeah Tereza is in bit of a slump if that is correct way to say it.
But she still ended year ranked in good position for new season.
New year could mean new form maybe.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #552
country flag networthy

Quote:
Tereza made it into the Q draw (possibly as the last direct acceptance). In QR1 she plays the #8 seed, Yi-Miao Zhou (#177).
Lost 4 and 3
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #553
country flag networthy

Martic and Lucic withdrew from Shenzhen, and Mrdeza lost in QR1. On the men's side, Karlovic, Mektic and Veic all lost in Doha QR1.

With the exception of Cilic in Chennai, it seems like Croatian players always start the year on the wrong foot
Old Dec 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #554
country flag ma re

Quote:
Martic and Lucic withdrew from Shenzhen, and Mrdeza lost in QR1. On the men's side, Karlovic, Mektic and Veic all lost in Doha QR1.

With the exception of Cilic in Chennai, it seems like Croatian players always start the year on the wrong foot

Yeah, Marin is the only one who almost regularly starts off well. He stands on the wrong foot later in the season
Old Jan 1st, 2013, 08:21 PM   #555
country flag networthy

Quote:

Since my post above, Jurak/Marosi lost in Brisbane R1 and Dodig lost in Doha R1 in both singles and doubles.

So far the only Croat to win a professional tennis match in 2013 is Skugor, who won three matches to qualify for Sao Paulo Challenger and today won his R1 match.

But for Skugor!