R.I.P. Georgina Clark - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 16th, 2010, 12:59 AM   #16
country flag wta_zuperfann
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute
Re: R.I.P. Georgina Clark

A fond thank you for all she did for tennis.

Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 16th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #17
country flag woodrow1029

woodrow1029 is a name known to all woodrow1029 is a name known to all woodrow1029 is a name known to all woodrow1029 is a name known to all woodrow1029 is a name known to all woodrow1029 is a name known to all woodrow1029 is a name known to all woodrow1029 is a name known to all woodrow1029 is a name known to all woodrow1029 is a name known to all woodrow1029 is a name known to all

As a chair umpire, Georgina was always one of my favorite supervisors to work for. She was extremely fair, backed up the chair umpires when they were correct, and very respectfully rescinded or overturned a ruling if they were incorrect. She was also a wonderful person and I am very fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know her.
woodrow1029 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 09:51 AM   #18
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquel View Post
"In the third game of the second set the Swiss contested a call, which she had every right to do on clay, and Anne Lasserre dutifully descended from her umpire's chair to check. "Unfortunately she took her eye off the mark and picked the wrong one," said Clark. "It's something that is still used in umpiring schools. The ball had been in and Hingis was right."

Well, as much as I wanted Graf to win that final, I did always think Hingis was right and that the ball was in. It's crazy how much that final changed on that point but Hingis got too focused on one shot. She was a set and break up and then she mentally lost focus - and who worse to do that to, than Steffi?

Despite the fact she had a lot of experience in winning Slams by then, Hingis was still young. If she had been even 2 or 3 years older she might not have went so far to challenge that one shot - but then you remember Hingis was one of the oldest minds around even at 16/17. It's her "what could have been" moment. Graf took the advantage and won again and brilliantly. Nice to see though Georgina agrees that the ball was in. Hingis should have walked away.... but this one moment changed the whole match.

RIP Georgina
Thanks again spiceboy
I just think that it was an awful experience for a young player, even if she was number one in the world. The crowd so wanted Graf to win, as did I, but it led to a crowd that was almost baying for the blood of Hingis and couldnt wait for an excuse to have a go. Ironic that Hingis never reached the French Open final again.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2010, 09:52 AM   #19
country flag iainmac

iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold iainmac is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow1029 View Post
As a chair umpire, Georgina was always one of my favorite supervisors to work for. She was extremely fair, backed up the chair umpires when they were correct, and very respectfully rescinded or overturned a ruling if they were incorrect. She was also a wonderful person and I am very fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know her.
That is so touching fella. Thanks for sharing that with us.
iainmac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 04:49 PM   #20
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Very touching video of Georgina

https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_act...096731cb78c0d4
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 01:55 AM   #21
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute

What a great article and what a great person she was.:-)
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 10:29 AM   #22
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute

R.I.P. Georgina...

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote