Favorite match from 2012? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #1
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute
Favorite match from 2012?

We've talked about her best performances of the season here a bit, but I'm curious as to what everyone's favorite Maria match from this year is.

For me it's no doubt the Rome final. Hotmesspova defeating Errorli during a monsoon gave me LIFE.

Runner-up would be her Olympics match against Lisicki. I was screaming and swearing and throwing highlighters at the wall during that match and she was a mess mentally, but I don't know if I've ever seen her outwardly want a match more than that. I just wish we could have HL on Youtube.

Post yours!

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #2
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Favorite match from 2012?

im sure there was a thread already started in SS about this?
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #3
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #4
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
im sure there was a thread already started in SS about this?
That thread is 'her best match' while this is your favorite match. Slightly different

Mine would be AO 12 SF. In a sense, I kind of agree with dsanders that it probably affects petra's mentality to play against Pova. And I hope the pattern continues and martha adds miss unbeatable 111 to her punchbag list soon

I also love all the grueling hard-fought 3-hour mark matches she played throughout 2012: IW QF, Stuttgart QF, Olympics 3R, YEC RR. And the fact that she was barely affected by the marathon matches on the following days just shows how strong she has become physically, stamina wise. I like the way her team and physio focus on her recovery process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
Can't grab a Slam, grab cash then
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 12:07 AM   #5
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Ah my bad, post as you will
I'll choose mine later
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 05:46 AM   #6
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickfalsetto View Post
That thread is 'her best match' while this is your favorite match. Slightly different

Mine would be AO 12 SF. In a sense, I kind of agree with dsanders that it probably affects petra's mentality to play against Pova. And I hope the pattern continues and martha adds miss unbeatable 111 to her punchbag list soon

I also love all the grueling hard-fought 3-hour mark matches she played throughout 2012: IW QF, Stuttgart QF, Olympics 3R, YEC RR. And the fact that she was barely affected by the marathon matches on the following days just shows how strong she has become physically, stamina wise. I like the way her team and physio focus on her recovery process.
All of this. Particularly about the AO SF against KvittyGOAT. Probably also because I skipped school to watch it live, and my heart literally died a few times during that final set. Exhausting match.

I'm grateful I didn't see the Rome final live though.
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 11:18 AM   #7
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, there are so many to pick from this year, especially from her bucket of RevengePova classics. The Stuttgart QF against Stosur is definitely my favorite of the year quality-wise. They were both playing unbelievably well. And that Rome final..good Lord. I don't like to think about what my mental state would have been had she lost that match. Probably the most terrifying/y shitty final I've ever seen her play. The conditions were absolutely hilarious and dramatic. Then it's a toss-up between her Olympics match vs. Lisicki and her YEC RR match against Radwanska. She was just so demonstrable in both those matches in ways we haven't really seen until this year. I loved it. Gah. I loved this season
TrollPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 03:48 PM   #8
country flag shaktincredible

shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold shaktincredible is a splendid one to behold

my personal fave:

Stuttgart final vs Azarenka
Rome QF vs V Williams
French Open final vs Errani
Olympic 3rd round vs Lisicki
Olympic QF vs Clijsters
US open 4th round vs Petrova
US open QF vs Bartoli
Beijing QF vs Kerber

SUICIDE title : prague 2009, Moskow 2010, Paris 2011
FITD title : Stuttgart 2012
shaktincredible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 06:46 AM   #9
country flag gc-spurs

gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute gc-spurs has a reputation beyond repute

Aus Open semi vs Kvitova

Bring on all the pretenders. Someday, WE WILL BE REMEMBERED
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmith View Post
oudin is a great player she already beat maria i expect to do the same now
btw whos bolivia smith?
gc-spurs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 10:32 AM   #10
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

AO SF vs Petra Kvitova

also:

Olympics 3r vs Sabine Lisicki
YEC RR vs Agnieszka Radwanska
Miami SF vs Caroline Wozniacki

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 10:40 AM   #11
Forever Sharapova.

AO SF vs. Kvitova
Stuttgart QF vs. Stosur
Rome F vs. Na
Olympics 4th vs. Lisicki
YEC SF vs. Vika
Old Dec 22nd, 2012, 01:40 PM   #12
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Olympics QF? You made me laugh. It was mediocre match. She completely lost herself after 2 first games, so many outs were there... Match with Kirilenko and Lisicki are much much better!
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #13
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

Got to be the US Open QF against Bartoli. I honestly didn't think she'd be able to get out of that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
The Stuttgart QF against Stosur is definitely my favorite of the year quality-wise. They were both playing unbelievably well.
I always say that was like watching a men's match... I enjoyed watching service games being held on a consistent basis.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 05:10 AM   #14
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsrule1988 View Post
Got to be the US Open QF against Bartoli. I honestly didn't think she'd be able to get out of that one.

I always say that was like watching a men's match... I enjoyed watching service games being held on a consistent basis.

i felt so bad for Bartoli though... she tried SO hard to win but just couldn't...
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 05:14 AM   #15
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Of the ones I watched: AO SF, RG final

QUEEN OF CLAY
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote