Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #871
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

Maybe Craybas gets jealous very quickly and needs permanent reassurance. Or it's one of those things Julia just likes to say, like "step by step".
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 19th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #872
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Julia Görges: Von grandios bis grottenschlecht
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #873
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
erneut ein hervorragender Artikel von meiner Lieblings-Expertin..ich mag Petra Philippsen...
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #874
country flag KatjaS

Rough and dirty translation:

- A quick look says #18, best end ranking of her career, a good year
- a closer look shows that she hasn't fixed her biggest weakness: fluctations
- Sometimes she plays brilliantly, sometimes abysmal, you never know
- She still hasn't made the "2nd step forward" that Petko, Lisicki & Kerber have made
- Example: AO '12, her best result of the year and yet one of the worst performances of her career
- vs Radwanska "refusal to work", no fight, didn't even understand why people were mad at her at first
- afterwards she realized that "3rd round at a slam" isn't a great result for her anymore
- she should, or maybe even has to advance to QF or SF at the most important tournaments
- She isn't just the pretty face any more
- She lost a lot of respect from other players that day
- She has the will, the fitness and a sledgehammer serve of over 200kph, but she doesn't show it week in, week out
- Easy to conclude: "mental problem", but some players just need longer to grow up
- New chance starting January, even if she still has fluctuations, it won't be as terrible as it was in Melbourne.

The Sportmagazin interview mentioned earlier isn't available online, and the magazine isn't available at newsstands in Germany, so our only chance to read it would be an Austrian user buying a copy.
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #875
country flag LinusVanPelt

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Rough and dirty translation:

- vs Radwanska "refusal to work", no fight, didn't even understand why people were mad at her at first
- She lost a lot of respect from other players that day.
i did not understand
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #876
country flag KatjaS

She showed a pathetic performance in that match, did not fight at all when things weren't going her way, basically surrendered and just accepted a beat down in one of the most important matches of her career, and afterwards basically said that she sees nothing wrong with her performance.
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #877

LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light LinusVanPelt is a glorious beacon of light
What about "losing respect" thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #878
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusVanPelt View Post
What about "losing respect" thing?

Actually it was Rittner (the German fed cup team captain) who said that: http://www.sport1.de/de/tennis/tenni...el_509580.html

In Rittners opinion Julia's performance against Aga had been so bad that it threatened her credibilty as a professional tennisplayer.
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #879

Wow. Very supportive comments from her team coach...

Old Dec 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM   #880
country flag KatjaS

It was an absolutely pathetic performance though.
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #881

Does not matter, she cannot/should not make statements like that; it is a really inappropriate and brusque comment about her. If i was julia, i would react to her.

Old Dec 19th, 2012, 07:08 PM   #882
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

It`s a matter of taste but I have to admit that the article as a whole does not knock my socks off. The resume is okay but overall the author sounds a little sensationalist and complacent to me. Her writing style is mediocre and her reasoning is fragmentary and partially contradictory.

Concerning the controversial part of the article.
Rittner isn`t mentioned at all.

Quote:
Sie büßte damals eine Menge Respekt bei ihren Konkurrentinnen ein, die das deutsche Quartett mit Argusaugen beobachten und die genau verfolgten, wie die Vier auf dem Sprung nach ganz oben sind. Görges nahm die Kritik an, sie lernte daraus. Sie ist längst mehr als das hübsche Werbegesicht, das die Klamotten von Maria Sharapova tragen darf.

She (Julia) then lost a lot of respect to her opponents. They were watching the 4 Germans players like hawks who obviously were on the jump to the Top of the rankings. Goerges accepted criticism and drew the right conclusions. Since longer she is much more than just the nice advertising face that is allowed to wear Sharapova`s clothes.
I don`t know which "opponents" the author figured out.
Tbh Julia is and was never that kind of girl who wants to advertise with her face or something.
She`s not averse to it but above all she is a tennis player and no glamour girl.

Last edited by joy division : Dec 19th, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
joy division is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #883
country flag KatjaS

There are some pretty awful pictures of her from early in her career, i.e. the ones where she is wearing her grandma's bathing suit.
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #884

Quote:
There are some pretty awful pictures of her from early in her career, i.e. the ones where she is wearing her grandma's bathing suit.

Old Dec 20th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #885
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future Saraya! has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusVanPelt View Post
Does not matter, she cannot/should not make statements like that; it is a really inappropriate and brusque comment about her. If i was julia, i would react to her.

Rittner did it good. Later Jule said " it was a wake up call".
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote