Recommend a type of strings! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 11th, 2011, 12:32 AM   #46
country flag F-R-E-A-K

F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Recommend a type of strings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the jamierbelyea View Post
Just like flyguydsl said, I swear by my big bangers.

Luxilon Big Bangers FTW, they are great if you are a big hitter . I switched to them two years ago, and haven't turned back. The spin I get off of them is fantastic. It also retains control even though I have a pretty long and fast swing.

For the record I always have one racket at 58 and one at 56.
I've used Big Banger ALU POWER in my Babolat Pure Drive for 10+ years now and LOVE IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
I just had one of my sticks strung with Big Banger ALU Power Spin at 58, and it is SWEET!! I've been very happy with the Gamma TNT2 16 that are in my other racquets, but I L-O-V-E the Luxilon.
I have just recently change to Big Banger ALU POWER SPIN and am loving it... The extra spin I can create on my shots now are really good. I've always been a huge fan of Luxilon for years!!
F-R-E-A-K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 01:25 PM   #47
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone tried the Wilson Red 16 strings?

I am thinking about ordering some because I am a very hard ballbasher that is trying to get spin. I have been looking at babolat RPM 16 as well. what is the difference between the 16G and the 17G
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon

Last edited by Kevin. : Feb 22nd, 2011 at 01:33 PM.
Kevin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2011, 12:11 AM   #48
country flag Lord Sneeze

Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future Lord Sneeze has a brilliant future

Having the Nadal strings put in today to see what they are like. 63P combined with the strings could have some great results
2013 W/L - Singles 00/00 Doubles 00/00
2013 Titles - Still to be decided
Lord Sneeze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #49
country flag larar1chards

larar1chards is an unknown quantity at this point

try Head Liquid Metals 57 for more control and impressive feel.
larar1chards is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #50
country flag robert_craig72

robert_craig72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by larar1chards View Post
try Head Liquid Metals 57 for more control and impressive feel.
Yeah that seem to be effective for me too
robert_craig72 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #51
country flag okaythen

okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice okaythen is just really nice

hi guys I have always used prince syn gut...never really tried other strings...so is prince syn gut more on the playability side or durability or both? is it more toward lower price bracket or mid level? just want to know about this string and decide which string I want to try next..any recommendations? what string that's similar feel to prince syn gut? thanks guys

When they string the racquet they should always tie it with 4 knots? this place only did 2 knots...and it's pretty loose now...other than the knots how do you know if they are good at string racquet or not?

last question this store they got prince syn gut but it got a lot of dust on it...seems like it had been on the shelf for awhile...does string get worse when they are on the shelf for year? or no problem? thanks

Last edited by okaythen : Dec 16th, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
okaythen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #52
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold

I had Dunlop Silk which was the default string on the Dunlop 300 plus racquet which I bought. I would rate it high on playability, but it moved a lot and after 4-5 weeks I had to change it because it was totally frayed.

I have Dunlop explosive in the crosses, and Head RipControl on my mains which has made it quite a good combination of spin, control, power and durability so far.

Head RipControl is textured which helps to add spin to the ball, does anybody know of any similar strings in the Luxilon brand?

May the HAMMER smash the cross
Payam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #53
country flag semprelibera

semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future semprelibera has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaythen View Post
hi guys I have always used prince syn gut...never really tried other strings...so is prince syn gut more on the playability side or durability or both? is it more toward lower price bracket or mid level? just want to know about this string and decide which string I want to try next..any recommendations? what string that's similar feel to prince syn gut? thanks guys

When they string the racquet they should always tie it with 4 knots? this place only did 2 knots...and it's pretty loose now...other than the knots how do you know if they are good at string racquet or not?

last question this store they got prince syn gut but it got a lot of dust on it...seems like it had been on the shelf for awhile...does string get worse when they are on the shelf for year? or no problem? thanks
Prince Syn gut is a value brand and like most Syn guts is a mix of durability and feel. Personally I swear by full poly string job.
Hybrid will be strung with 4 knots. Other string jobs can be 2 or 4 knots depending on the racquet.
I think 4 knots has potential to be more loose if the starting knot of the crosses isn't done properly.
semprelibera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:08 PM   #54
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation

Anyone used Tecnifibre X-One Biphase before? Is it good for hitting flat?

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

~~Nicole~~Nastya~~Lena D~~
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2013, 09:43 PM   #55
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold

I have not played with this string, but it seems to have nothing but positive reviews all over the web. Have a look at the reviews in Stringforum, where it has been chosen as the Non-poly of the year 2012.

Old Feb 9th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #56
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone played with Luxilon 4G 16L?
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #57
country flag aussiesharapova

aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute aussiesharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbloom View Post
Anyone used Tecnifibre X-One Biphase before? Is it good for hitting flat?
Yep, i liked this string since i'm also a flat hitter played with it for about a year.

Yonex Poly Tour Pro Yellow (Kirilenko's strings) is actually quite nice, though I swear by my current setup of Natural gut + RPM Blast.
Q. Thai girl.
JJ: Tiger?
Q. Tanasugarn.
« ᴠɪsɪᴛ ᴍʏ ʙʟᴏɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜ ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛs !! - тwιттᴇʀ »
aussiesharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #58
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Luxilon 4G is amazing gives so much extra spin and control with out compromising pace of shot. It's so good
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #59
country flag Payam

Wow it is good to know. I have been really curious to know how it plays.
I am using Volkl Cyclone now and it is great, I have never had so much control with any other string so far. I should give 4G a try as soon as the local stringer gets a reel of it.

Old May 29th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #60
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reephoria. View Post
Luxilon 4G is amazing gives so much extra spin and control with out compromising pace of shot. It's so good
More so than Luxilon Spin? I'm on the market for some strings that do exactly this. I hit a pretty flat hard ball and I need some more spin to keep my shots in the court more often. Playing with Luxilon spin for years. Any other suggestions. I use BLX Blade 98 if that helps.

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote