Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 06:38 PM   #646
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

What is everyones goals for Laura in 2013?
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 03:34 AM   #647
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaura View Post
A top 30 ranking, at least one grand slam QF and, why not, a title. She has to deal with her inconsistency.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #648
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all

I would say a minor title, at least 5 top 10 wins, and to be seeded for Wimbledon.
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #649
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

To become a consistent top 30. Last 16 or better in at least two different slams. At least one title.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if she achieved more than that.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #650
country flag Yoncé
On His Mouth Like Liquor

Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute Yoncé has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A relatively consistent top 30 year, first tour title, hopefully a slam QF and to stay healthy/injury free
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #651
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

The only thing that would leave me disappointed is if she doesn't end the year in the top 30. I really don't want to suffer the consequences of her finishing the year outside it.

I'd also like to see a WTA title with her name on it and her not to be eliminated from any slams in the first round. But those would be icing on the cake. A cake baked by BT.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 12:47 AM   #652
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

I expect quite a few big top 10/20 wins but also still expect some random, disappointing losses too. A seeding for RG and a close to top 20 finish to the year would be nice, as well as a maiden title.

The only thing I am 100% certain of is that the jealous haters in GM will be insufferable no matter what Laura's year is like - excuses when she wins, gloating when she loses. We must raise above it, peeps.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 08:01 AM   #653
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, about the maiden WTA title. If she doesn't win one at International level i'll be hugely disappointed.

A Top 30 placing would be nice too. Consistency is a major thing Laura needs to work on. I want her to make 3rd rounds the minumum in all slams next year. A QF at Wimbledon would be nice. (British Media would go bonkers LMAO)

I'm expecting some ridiculous losses too... hopefully there won't be many. I just hope she doesn't have a good run at one tourney only to lose in the first round of another.
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #654
Royals.

She's got a lot of expectations to live up to... by the Media and WTA...

It's going to be so embarrassing if she doesn't provide an amazing season.
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #655
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

A grand slam final.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #656
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pretty much what people above said. Top 30, win a couple of matches at every major, reach the second week of a slam one or two times, some big wins.
Kon. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #657
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Quote:
She's got a lot of expectations to live up to... by the Media and WTA...

It's going to be so embarrassing if she doesn't provide an amazing season.
Since she has been on the pro tour, us laura fans have learnt to accept the tough losses in anticipation that she will produce some amazing, awe-inspiring results too. You should not worry about the media or the wta, just keep on believing in her, enjoy watching her and the results will come in time

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #658
country flag rjcdude44

rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all rjcdude44 is a name known to all

It looks like Laura is playing WTA Hobart after Shenzhen
http://www.laura-robson.net/laura-to-play-hobart/
rjcdude44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #659
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Updated the OP to reflect that.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #660
Royals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcdude44 View Post
It looks like Laura is playing WTA Hobart after Shenzhen
http://www.laura-robson.net/laura-to-play-hobart/
Shit.

Rumours were true then!

How's this possible... Shenzhen and Hobart over-lap each other?

She'll only have a DAY to get from China to Australia...