Just watched The Hobbit and while it has some flaws the movie is still epic! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #1
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future
Just watched The Hobbit and while it has some flaws the movie is still epic!

The critics obviously have some vendetta against Peter Jackson or him using the 48fps.

This movie was not perfect nor was it as good as the Lord of the Rings but it was still pretty epic and better than any fantasy film I have watched since the Lord of the Rings. I loved it and people stood up and applauded at the end. Critics once again prove to be pretentious, deluded and just plain wrong. Tree of life got an 85 last year and this currently has a 58, how in the hell does that work. Tree of Life was a pile of pretentious crap with no story but critics swallowed it up like ice cream in summer.

Definitely comes recommended.
TZVETI83 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #2
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just watched The Hobbit and while it has some flaws the movie is still epic!

Great to hear.

The movie was always going to be slated in reviews. Fact is no matter what it does it'll always be compared to The LOTR, which is exactly the reason so many people aren't exacting raving about it I say.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #3
country flag Doully

Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute Doully has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just watched The Hobbit and while it has some flaws the movie is still epic!

I'm in Spain and don't go back home to until the 22nd of Dec. It's killing me not being able to see it as I simply refuse to watch it dubbed

I have high hopes for it! Thanks for the positive feedback.
Doully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 08:37 PM   #4
country flag watchdogfish
Vide cor meum

watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute

I'm seeing it next week. I'm interested to see how they've stretched a relatively short book into 3 hours, let alone 3 films
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #5
country flag borrowedheaven

borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future borrowedheaven has a brilliant future

I've watched it yesterday and I don't understand at all why it's in three parts. Lots of it was dragging. I still love the way Jackson managed to make Middle-Earth come to life, and when it was good, it was really good (the scenes with gollum were the highlights) but it felt stretched out.

The Lord of the Rings are my favorite films but the Hobbit, while a good effort, doesn't come close.

Clijsters|Pavlyuchenkova|Kvitova|Azarenka

borrowedheaven is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #6
Lucemferre

Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute Lucemferre has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like a LOTR fanboy. The Tree of Life was beautiful and the story was clear enough. Don't pay attention to the critics if you loved the film. Your opinion counts too.
Lucemferre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #7
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

I think I will watch this but I haven't seen a movie in a long time and I'm not excited for it.

I read the novel ages ago. I can barely remember it.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #8
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

My expectations are obviously lowered after reading reviews but no matter what it's on my 'to see list'. Just the fact that I get to experience middle earth again is enough for me. And let's not forget this movie is being used to set up the next two so of the three I'm sure this one wont be as exciting.

Maybe the running time could have been cut shorter to cut down on the lagging and stretched out parts I've heard people complain about? ...I'll get around to seeing it this wknd.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 11:54 PM   #9
country flag Jose.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute Jose. has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it already is very good, not as good as the LOTR but still very interesting and it's best parts are very good. Though there is a lot of boring parts and things who are just there so people can understand perfectly well what is happening, it's a good thing but they just made some of those parts to big.

There are some epic parts though and it works well because it's a big flashback of LOTR, even though the main idea is the same as LOTR...

Jankovic | Goerges | Petkovic | Safarova | Hsieh | Tsurenko
Azarenka | Barthel | Voegele | Morita | Beck | Muguruza
Koehler | Mladenovic | Garcia | Martic | Robson | Cepelova
Babos | Ormaechea | Jaksic | Gasparyan | Eraydin | Soylu
Allgurin | Kontaveit | Zacarias | Pigossi | Haddad Maia | Abduraimova
Konjuh | Bencic | Komardina | Haas | Jorovic | Galfi | Stollar
Jose. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #10
Olórin

Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute Olórin has a reputation beyond repute

It is a good film, but I feel it suffers like much art does following a great tradition, and ends up being much too self-referential and self-aware for my taste. The problem was at times it seemed intentional.

Also the run time is at least 20 mins too long. The chase out of goblin-town is like a video game and Thorin's confrontation and Bilbo's intervention against Azog at the end feels so contrived. There should have been more advancing of the plot and less hacking and slashing imo. These two scenes really detracted from the end of the movie to me. I think once I get used to them on repeat viewings I'll be able to enjoy the whole a lot more.

I'm still a bit sceptical about how they're managing to stretch it out for two more films without doing even more of the above.
Olórin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #11
country flag GoofyDuck

GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute GoofyDuck has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait to watch it, I'll know I'll enjoy it alot

Jelena Jankovic - Vera Zvonareva - Zhang Shuai - Venus Williams - Petra Kvitova - Zheng Jie - Li Na - Serena Williams - Peng Shuai - Hsieh Su-Wei
GoofyDuck is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #12
country flag TZVETI83

TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future TZVETI83 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucemferre View Post
You sound like a LOTR fanboy. The Tree of Life was beautiful and the story was clear enough. Don't pay attention to the critics if you loved the film. Your opinion counts too.
I am actually a female.
No offense to each his own but I found Tree of Life to be the most boring, pretentious, pile of dung, there was virtually no story and what they were trying to say could have been explained in 5 minutes. Dreadful film and precisely what critics love to drool over.

The Hobbit is flawed in parts, for example it does drag towards the beginning in some parts but than again its just following the book, the Hobbit while being an epic book is not as good as Lord of the Rings and people need to except that. These two films should not be compared. As I said before I found the introduction to the dwarfs dragging a bit and I also found the 3d to be a bit blurry at times but overall after the first 30 minutes the movie really picks up and finishes on a really high note. Its beautifully filmed, acting is sublime, apart from the beginning I believe its well paced and well written, almost always staying faithful to the book. All in all this is a very good film, fan reaction has been really positive, on IMDB, metacritic, fans are eating it up and there seems to be a great divide between critics and fans but I guess its to be expected.

I would give the film an 8.5 out of 10. Go see it.
TZVETI83 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #13
country flag pierce85

pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute pierce85 has a reputation beyond repute

The movie was epic and for me better than the Fellowship of the Ring, I don't understand all the negative comments
pierce85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #14
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute Certinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdogfish View Post
I'm seeing it next week. I'm interested to see how they've stretched a relatively short book into 3 hours, let alone 3 films
If Jackson has any sense he'll significantly shorten the next 2, or at least I hope so. Been hearing the same thing over and over again about how this movie is dragged out.
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #15
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Was Kate any good?