Who do you love more, your Masha or your favourite artist? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Where does your loyalty lie?

Masha 27 84.38%
Your fav artist 2 6.25%
Hard to say 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #1
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute
Who do you love more, your Masha or your favourite artist?

one of my biggest dilemmas for 2012 was whether i loved gaga or masha more and i think i've decided that i love gaga cos she makes me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOoooOOOoo emotional and she changed my life. gaga gets my vote over masha

#fakefan

ps tell us who your fav artist is while we're at it!
Advertisement

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #2
country flag SilverSlam
I-G-G-Y

SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute SilverSlam has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who do you love more, your Masha or your favourite artist?

You had to include hard to say didnt you

To some it up, Maria has a photo on my wall while Birds of Tokyo have nothing.

Plus I'd chose seeing Maria live >>> any artist.
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #3
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

It is ironic, but my situation is opposite. I used to love some actresses. Jolie, Theron. However none of them didn't evoke such strong emotions like Masha does now. She is completely another level, because she and her achievements are more real than any actresses roles.
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #4
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Although it's close I guess I'd have to go with my tennis faves for the same reason that Asanty has mentionned - while artists evoke emotions as well, and sometimes even strong emotions, the emotions that my favorite player evokes are even more intense. You're happy for her when she's doing well, you suffer for and with her when she's not, you feel protective of her when she's under fire, etc... In my case I'm obviously talking first and foremost about Woz, but I feel the same way about Maria, although to a somewhat lesser degree, I must admit. Still, Maria winning the FO and Rome in 2011 has emotionally touched me even more than any movie, opera, piece of music or pop/rock/soul/whatever song ever could, and I love all those things.

To make a long story short, my vote goes to Maria in this one.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #5
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
You had to include hard to say didnt you

To some it up, Maria has a photo on my wall while Birds of Tokyo have nothing.

Plus I'd chose seeing Maria live >>> any artist.
Lin Lin is tf legend u can't have a poll without hard to say!!!!

and my wall is the opposite I have NOTHING on Masha but I have 4 fuckin MASSIVE gaga posters (laminated and all), about 10 gaga articles from magazines and newspapers, gaga calendar and my born this way ball ticket up IM OBSESSED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
It is ironic, but my situation is opposite. I used to love some actresses. Jolie, Theron. However none of them didn't evoke such strong emotions like Masha does now. She is completely another level, because she and her achievements are more real than any actresses roles.
yeah i completely get what you mean. i think it's just about how u connect with these celebrities. personally i could probably never connect with actors and actresses and stuff bcos i end up loving the character not the actual actors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Although it's close I guess I'd have to go with my tennis faves for the same reason that Asanty has mentionned - while artists evoke emotions as well, and sometimes even strong emotions, the emotions that my favorite player evokes are even more intense. You're happy for her when she's doing well, you suffer for and with her when she's not, you feel protective of her when she's under fire, etc... In my case I'm obviously talking first and foremost about Woz, but I feel the same way about Maria, although to a somewhat lesser degree, I must admit. Still, Maria winning the FO and Rome in 2011 has emotionally touched me even more than any movie, opera, piece of music or pop/rock/soul/whatever song ever could, and I love all those things.

yeah i think it just comes down to how you connect with these famous people. gaga gave me a lot to connect to her with and in a much more deeper and personal level than maria ever has.

that said i'm protective of both my fav artist and fav tennis player though! and even to the same extent because i love them both.
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #6
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

This was incredibly hard to decide BUT I voted for Masha
When I've been to see Florence live I was in such a dream, her lyrics are so beautiful, but when I see the emotion Masha exerts in like a 3 hour match it's simply stunning to watch.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #7
country flag Kitten63

Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute Kitten63 has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely Maria.

Anna Chakvetadze Petra Kvitova Jelena Jankovic Nicole Vaidisova Svetlana Kuznetsova Dinara Safina Elena Dementieva Vera Zvonereva Nadia Petrova Marion Bartoli Samantha Stosur

0663...Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Federer Gasquet Djokovic Youzhny Berdych Ancic Soderling
Kitten63 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #8
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Maria! God, that girl inspires me so much everytime, i remember when i didn´t get to university and i had to wait one year to get another chance and when i failed at this i looked at Maria and how she is always determined to get better and come stronger and after that 2011 FO she won it this year, i think this is why is tennis so exciting and especially Maria for me and also other players that i respect like Serena, it doesn´t matter how old are you or what you came trough you still can achieve the things you want to.

Maria is definitely my all time favourite artist and tennis player

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #9
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post

^ This, Maria hands down.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #10
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I would say Maria
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #11
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Maria all the way
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #12
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I've always felt it was Maria. I really only stan for Britney as much as her, although I stan for others too just to a lesser extent, Florence, Lana Del Rey, Cate Blanchett, Jennifer Lawrence.

My friends actually asked me this a lot in 09/10 and I always said 'Maria. It's just Britney never let's me down' even though Maria was sucking at the time. I still won't forgive Maria for smashing my phone after RG 2008.
I think it's just because I invest more energy in Maria though, I mean staying up to ridiculous hours to watch all the matches etc. but then the pay-off is bigger too. RG this year for example. I just truly admire her, she's a wonderful person through and through IMO. Plus Maria's fight on court is infinitely inspiring and the way she picks herself up after snatchings.

Plus, it's actually quite hard being a Britney fan. I mean sure she's always basically guaranteed to be successful but you just look at her and are constantly reminded of how all creative control and legal rights have been stripped from her. It's sad.

Both have had major impact and influence on me and I'll never forget either of them, it's hard to see me stanning so hard for anyone else in later years although it likely will happen. I just respect that both are fighter and have went through a lot yet still came out on top. I admire nothing more than a talented and true strong woman.

Oh, and one of the other deal breakers is Maria isn't afraid to be Bitchy. There's times when I wish Britney would read other artists who bash her for filth but she's too nice.

I know this is long but I'm basically debating it in my head as I write.
To finish, Maria definitely, but it is hard to say too. And just because it's Maria it doesn't mean my love for Britney is much less they are very close. The two of them practically take up my whole heart.

EDIT: An important point to make is that Maria is on the scene for all but a couple of months a year whereas Britney deliberately vanished from the public eye between albums which adds to the whole 'investing more time' thing.

Last edited by jameshazza : Dec 16th, 2012 at 09:14 PM.
jameshazza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #13
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Maria is my most favorite athlete/celebrity ever.

I follow all the major American sports. I watch movies and television regularly and have had actors and actresses I've been fans of. I love music and have bands I'll listen to forever.

But nobody stirs the emotions in me like Maria has for the past 9 years. Wins, losses, injuries, comebacks, photoshoots, interviews, business ventures.......I can't help but be devoted to following all of it. She can really put a spell on you.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #14
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Maria, miles ahead of anything else!
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 03:25 AM   #15
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Don't make me choose between Maria and Fleetwood Mac. I can't. I won't

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote