Ana Konjuh - Page 70 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 04:28 AM   #1036
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future
Re: Ana Konjuh

Thanks for the pics Zvonaraver Those weren't posted before.
Ana seems really tired in the first few pics. She has no facial expression at all while hitting the ball and I think this means a lack of focus. Probably she didn't sleep well the night before
Just look at her facial expressions in the rest of the pics.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 14th, 2012, 07:57 AM   #1037
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Thanks for the pics Zvonaraver Those weren't posted before.
Ana seems really tired in the first few pics. She has no facial expression at all while hitting the ball and I think this means a lack of focus. Probably she didn't sleep well the night before
Just look at her facial expressions in the rest of the pics.
"Pain is temporary.
Quitting lasts forever"
This is what Ana wrote below one of those pictures on her facebook profile.
She was injured during Wimbledon. You can see bandage on her right arm.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 08:14 AM   #1038
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Serena is 5'9" but Vika is 6' and Maria 6'2".
Great !
In acording to this, Ana will be the same like Serena.
That's what I always thought.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #1039
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Today Ana appeared on cover of Croatia's most popular and known sports daily newspapers "Sportske Novosti" with one whole page article about her titled:
"Ana Konjuh - I like to be the boss on the court"

It's explained that Ana's sister has some very rare autoimmune desease and she is the first case of it in Croatia, it affects 100 people from 1 milliard.

Last edited by tennismaster8820 : Dec 14th, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #1040
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
Today Ana appeared on cover of Croatia's most popular and known sports daily newspapers "Sportske Novosti" with one whole page article about her titled:
"Ana Konjuh - I like to be the boss on the court"

It's explained that Ana's sister has some very rare autoimmune desease and she is the first case of it in Croatia, it affects 100 people from 1 milliard.
Billion
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #1041

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

^^
I thought it was the same thing.
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 02:43 PM   #1042
country flag ivananda

IMG agency offered Ana WC for Miami but her father said that they don't need that at this moment and that they are still not ready for such a big things, but for 25k and 50k.
( from an article above)
Old Dec 14th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #1043
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
IMG agency offered Ana WC for Miami but her father said that they don't need that at this moment and that they are still not ready for such a big things, but for 25k and 50k.
( from an article above)
You need some balls to take a decision like that
That's a lost opportunity to gain some experience and for us to watch Ana on a big stage, but still perhaps it's better in the long run.

Cool article title Is there any news we didn't already knew about?
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #1044
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Good
I would have taken the opportunity to play Miami but she obviously wants to get her points the hard way Also she probably wouldn't get any points, unless she got a QWC and she might win a match It's better she wins some 25s

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 06:14 AM   #1045
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

From the stories I've heard about situations like this it wouldn't surprise me if that WC was offered in exchange for a whole lot of something. Not necessarily money, but more like a chance to sign a long-term contract with Ana *under their temrs*, which could in the short term help a youngster, but looking at a big picture do more harm than good. Doesn't have to be the case, but they're certainly not offering WC's from the goodness of their hearts. It's all a big business.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #1046
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Good point .
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 10:44 PM   #1047
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

Quote:
That match taught me a lot of different things I need to work on, especially against players like her," Townsend said. "People that are on the pro circuit, they hit the ball like her, and even bigger. It taught me a few things I need to tweak and work on so that I can hang with people, and allow myself to play my game against people who hit that hard.
-Taylor Townsend after losing to Ana in the Semis.

That's a high compliment from Taylor. Essentially saying that she plays like a pro tour player in terms of power.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #1048
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Ana has some advice for TT:
Asked her opinion of the Townsend’s fitness, Konjuh said: “She was born like that, and she’s very talented and smart and plays great like that. But if she wants to be a pro, she has to lose some weight. In the second set I felt she couldn’t run as much. If she gets fit, she can be a really, really good player.”
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #1049
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
Ana has some advice for TT:
Asked her opinion of the Townsend’s fitness, Konjuh said: “She was born like that, and she’s very talented and smart and plays great like that. But if she wants to be a pro, she has to lose some weight. In the second set I felt she couldn’t run as much. If she gets fit, she can be a really, really good player.”
A very nicely said comment
Also, Taylor's comment of her was nice as well
The thing about Ana's game that is so good, is that she hits the ball hard but she gets good height over the net and hits with spin, so there isn't much risk

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #1050

Some nice pictures of Ana Konjuh in big article today from daily newspapers "Jutarnji list".
http://www.jutarnji.hr/ana-konjuh--n...enisa/1072707/

Closed Thread