Jessica Moore - Page 144 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:33 AM   #2146
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Re: Jessica Moore

Thanks for the thanks guys

Gives us an insight into why Jess dissapeared for a while last year and this year. Ive always believed she could've/could be a tour player, not great, but good enough to make a living from tennis. Paul MacNamee who tried to stage a coup of Pollards regime a year or two back was helping Jess at the time and made mention of a junior player that had 7 different coaches within a two year period under TA. I reckon he was alluding to her and couldve been an indicator of why she was so unsure of herself in 2010/11. Either way she seems very circumspect about the whole situation now and hopefully can climb back into the top 200 in 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez-y View Post
Interesting article. Reinforces the fact that tennis athletes even at this level in Australia cannot make ends meet trying to compete and build their ranking and expertise. As a grand slam nation that rake sin millions for the AO, more funds could be allocated to tennis athletes showing promise. And put the Pro Tours in the capital cities which are easier for all to get to, (ie fly in and out without another 7-9 hour commute journey), with more competitive accommodation options rather than limited facilities in the regions where the price gets driven up by the event. This would make it more economical or viable to compete in tennis and limit the amount of talent that gives the sport up. Tennis athletes in Asian countries (eg Japan, Korea) can also get sponsorships to help fund their costs but this is non existent in Australia.
I was in a non-touristy part of Indonesia last year and everything was so cheap. I wonder if touring Asia is cheaper than the Aussie 25k's like Alice Springs, Kalgoolie at this stage.
Advertisement

Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 01:39 PM   #2147
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

^It could be, especially from WA and Qld.

A few players did ok in $10Ks in Thailand mid-year (Baric, Keir, Calderwood) but hardly any Aussies go to the Indonesian ones which seems like a missed opportunity to me.

And yeah, thanks for the article. Great to hear those insights from Jess and Banana.
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 02:18 PM   #2148
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

This is a good thread. It just seems so obvious at times listening to the players what they need and struggle with, and how the system could be improved, but this falls on deaf ears. The National Academies are a joke, changing the strategies every year without much clue, trying to pick the next few Hingis's at 12-14, but most drop out by 18. Those struggling by 16-17 get propped up with wildcards and playing 10Ks. TA and the AIS have a poor track record (eg Holland, Peers, Wejnert, Sumner, Woolcock, Racijic, Letcher, Polack, etc) and look at what happened to Sanders and Bains this year. Prospects like Boj, Moore, Patterson, Hadzic etc struggle to break through the WTA 200-400 range. Raw talent like Tredoux (pops out of nowhere in 2011 as an unranked player taking scalps in the 200-400 range) has a classic physique and promising game style, but remains unrefined (obviously lacking proper coaching?) so basically remains inconsistent and squandered. The TA system demonstrates incompetence, doesn't produce results, wastes money, and needs a major overhaul, but does it have the capacity to listen and change? We only have 2 main hopes coming through Pro Tours consistently in Rogowska and Barty, (can't claim Jones- NZ origin), and that is because they are naturally talented anyway. Can they go to the next level and use their influence to make a better system for all?
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 10:36 PM   #2149
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez-y View Post
This is a good thread. It just seems so obvious at times listening to the players what they need and struggle with, and how the system could be improved, but this falls on deaf ears. The National Academies are a joke, changing the strategies every year without much clue, trying to pick the next few Hingis's at 12-14, but most drop out by 18. Those struggling by 16-17 get propped up with wildcards and playing 10Ks. TA and the AIS have a poor track record (eg Holland, Peers, Wejnert, Sumner, Woolcock, Racijic, Letcher, Polack, etc) and look at what happened to Sanders and Bains this year. Prospects like Boj, Moore, Patterson, Hadzic etc struggle to break through the WTA 200-400 range. Raw talent like Tredoux (pops out of nowhere in 2011 as an unranked player taking scalps in the 200-400 range) has a classic physique and promising game style, but remains unrefined (obviously lacking proper coaching?) so basically remains inconsistent and squandered. The TA system demonstrates incompetence, doesn't produce results, wastes money, and needs a major overhaul, but does it have the capacity to listen and change? We only have 2 main hopes coming through Pro Tours consistently in Rogowska and Barty, (can't claim Jones- NZ origin), and that is because they are naturally talented anyway. Can they go to the next level and use their influence to make a better system for all?
Nice post - the only positive step I thought TA made was establishing a base in Spain for the players to train, play on clay and have better access to junior tournaments. Has this even happened?? Other than that the only thing that keeps ringing in my ears is Todd Woodbridge prattling on about juniors having a pathway in Australia through all these development groups etc.... but in the end being the best in Australia and beating up on other Australians doesn't give you a career on the tour.

The good players need individual coaching and expertise which is the pathway that the likes of Molik, Stosur were able to access because of their significant talent. Pleasingly Barty seems to be getting the same opportunities. Hopefully we dont try and standardise the next generation of Bains, Hon, Cabrera and Tomic.
Old Nov 9th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #2150
country flag Allez-y

Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light Allez-y is a glorious beacon of light

ATL idea may help players fund their next trips besides get some good tennis (though the comp may vary in depth);
http://www.tennis.com.au/video/2012/...-tennis-league
Allez-y is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #2151
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

one pic of Jess here

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #2152
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Jess was so cute in her post match interview. Hope she can put in a good effort against Arina.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #2153
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Jess is going through a rough patch lately. Playing 50ks, 25ks and 10ks in the US these past months but with no success just consecutive R1 losses..

this week shes playing a 10k in Bethany Beach and has a Qualifier in the first round

Old Jun 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #2154
country flag Kəv.

10k Bethany Beach
R1: (1)Moore d. (LL)Perper 64 60
R2: (1)Moore v (WC)Hardenbergh

GL

Old Jun 13th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #2155
louloubelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post
Jess is going through a rough patch lately. Playing 50ks, 25ks and 10ks in the US these past months but with no success just consecutive R1 losses..

this week shes playing a 10k in Bethany Beach and has a Qualifier in the first round
The scheduling is a bit strange to me, jumping from level to level. She probably likes the hardcourts, but would like to see her play more on the clay in which her scrambling and fitness would put her in good stead.
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #2156
country flag Kəv.

Shes probably training or just wanting to stay in the US

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Old Jun 13th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #2157
louloubelle

^ Yes, probably is a financial thing
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #2158
country flag Kəv.

R2: (1)Moore d. (WC)Hardenbergh 63 75
QF: (1)Moore v (6)Fournier

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 06:43 AM   #2159
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Go Jess! Hope she can keep it up.
Sharapova ~ Li ~ Kerber ~ Kvitova ~ Kirilenko ~ Ivanovic ~ Stephens ~ Makarova ~ Safarova ~ Cirstea ~ Goerges ~ Cornet ~ Lisicki ~ Robson ~ Watson ~ Kanepi ~ Keys ~ Tsurenko ~ Wozniak ~ Puig ~ Oudin ~ Petkovic ~ Sevastova ~ Rezai

AND OF COURSE ALL THE AUSSIES!!!
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 03:09 AM   #2160
country flag Kəv.

QF: (1)Moore d. (6)Fournier 64 62
SF: (1)Moore v (WC)Porter

Goo Jess Good chance for a final. Porter also beat fellow Aussie Moriarty in R2.