Why do tennis fans accept lesbian tennis stars yet no one in ATP out of closet? - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #151
country flag Manitou

Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future Manitou has a brilliant future
Re: Why do tennis fans accept lesbian tennis stars yet no one in ATP out of closet?

Down with this thread!

--

Outside Poland: Simona and Elina
Manitou is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #152
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why do tennis fans accept lesbian tennis stars yet no one in ATP out of closet?

It's still not as accepted among WTA fans. Look at how Sharapova fans react at the question of Martha being a lesbian. We'll have to wait to see how the WTA fans handle a coming out story from someone that nobody expected to be a lesbian.
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #153
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
It's still not as accepted among WTA fans. Look at how Sharapova fans react at the question of Martha being a lesbian. We'll have to wait to see how the WTA fans handle a coming out story from someone that nobody expected to be a lesbian.
We will accept a gay ATP star. We are just waiting for you to dominate the tour as the only male member of the LOB Reserves.

Above: A computer projection of the reaction of the masses.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #154
country flag LoveFifteen
Gone with the Wind fabulous!

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Lynn Barber wasn't saying she believes Nadal is gay just because he did not speak about the girlfriend with passion. Barber proved in her article with excellent investigative journalism that the girlfriend is a beard simply a facade to give Nadal a straight image. In Barber's article she also pointed out some very important things. First, Barber pointed out Nadal doesn't really spend that much time with his so called girlfriend. Barber is correct pretty hard to have a relationship with someone when you hardly see the other person. Yes, there is long distance romance but Nadal is on the road on the ATP Tour for 11 months in the year. Second, Barber pointed out correctly that Uncle Toni created the girlfriend to give Nadal a heterosexual image to deflect rumours about his sexuality. Three, Barber once again is correct when she points out the girlfriend shows up for grand slam semifinals and finals and occassional ATP events. The girlfriend is clearly a beard there is no relationship between her and Nadal she is just present to give Nadal an illusion of appearing straight.
Investigative journalism?! Gurl, please!!!

She had an interview with him, and that's it. Her specialty is doing hatchet jobs on her interviewees, and she's a miserable old bitch. Nadal was bored and completely uninterested in doing the interview.

You're really just reaching here, gurl. I love Nadal (my favorite male player), and I think he's an incredible champion. I'd be thrilled if he were gay, but it's very likely not the case. You're ignoring all the contrary evidence.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #155
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Again--if you want to discuss differences in attitudes about homosexuality in the WTA and the ATP, that's one thing.

But if this thread veers off into idle, pointless speculation about player's personal lives I will close it. There is already an entire thread in nontennis for that.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 05:08 PM   #156
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not all of us are that way. I wouldn't be surprised if she was bisexual (she clearly digs guys) but it doesn't matter to me either way. At the very worst it would make my fantasy of her and Amber Heard dating more realistic

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #157
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
It is because being Lesbian was never really socially oppressed but more socially encourage, even in old times woman to woman sexual encounters are found attractive and flaunted as man to man relations are found sick and disgusting. So there is no real comparison. Being Lesbian is nothing like being gay.
What a load of shit.
Kon. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #158
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Yep, the only reason lesbians never had to break the law to be in a relationship is because the lawmakers were sexists who didn't see how sex could happen without a penis. Therefore lesbians didn't exist .
KeysisGOAT is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #159
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
Not all of us are that way. I wouldn't be surprised if she was bisexual (she clearly digs guys) but it doesn't matter to me either way. At the very worst it would make my fantasy of her and Amber Heard dating more realistic
I think she's straight as well but she gives off quite a lot of lesbian vibes. Maybe it's just her ice queen demeanor but I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea Handler was going down on her this very second trying to suck the youth out of her cooch.
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #160
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think she's straight as well but she gives off quite a lot of lesbian vibes. Maybe it's just her ice queen demeanor but I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea Handler was going down on her this very second trying to suck the youth out of her cooch.
I just think she comes off as a flirtatious person in general. Some of my friends are like that. I remember when Jason Kennedy ( )interviewed her at the ESPYs there was a little spark between them, even though she towered above him . And Maria was giving bedroom eyes to some middle aged lady who was interviewing her recently

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 05:59 PM   #161
Miss Atomic Bomb
Legendary

Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute Miss Atomic Bomb has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Andy was a raging homosexual . Oh well, we will just have to turn him.

Last edited by Miss Atomic Bomb : Dec 10th, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
Miss Atomic Bomb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #162
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Every time this question has come up here it's been pretty disappointing. Not because I care or I believe she is a lesbian but seeing how several people on here, who are her fans, who are gay themselves are so bothered by the possibility. Seeing how these relatively open minded, not homophobic people react, it's hard to believe the average fan would like the idea.
Kon. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #163
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

This thread has veered into speculation about player's personal affairs. While actual news about boyfriends, girlfriends, marriages, births and breakups are suitable for GM, rumor, guesses and innuendo are not.

You may carry one such discussions here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...416748&page=15 if you have a mind to do so.

Closed Thread