News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams - Page 41 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #601
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of
Re: News confirmed: No tennis on Eurosport in 2013 outside the slams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judio View Post
TENNIS: WTA: SHENZHEN OPEN
But no mention of the Final
Noticed the same. Depending on when the final is scheduled, perhaps ESPN are prioritising something else?
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #602
country flag StoneRose

StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute StoneRose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnc View Post
Where is it that you see those adds where they are promoting WTA events on Sport1? I have yet to come across any information about their coverage. I still have my doubts about Sport1 when it comes to weeks when there are both ATP and WTA tournaments. Last year during their Wimbledon coverage I was appalled by their complete disrespect during the commentary of the womens matches.
I have Film 1 and Sport 1 combined. In their joined programming guide for December there was an article that stated that they're beginning broadcasting WTA events in January accompanied with photo's of Maria and Vika. They have a whole channel for tennis alone which is good. Wasn't mentioned what they'd do with joined events, they have extra channels for broadcasting events, i hope they use them in case of a joined event.
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #603
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

They were a great team on Eurosport:

Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #604
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot can one post again the Premiers on MCS?

They will show 22 P's but there are more?

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #605
country flag leftyness

leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of leftyness has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yes they are showing the ATP from Brisbane

BUT do not give up hope

They have FA Cup Football scheduled for Saturday lunch

I know that ITV have the games on that Day so there may be space freed up on the Saturday
Hope is all we have, the way things are going. I'll roll out of bed on Saturday January 5th and fire up the tv so. They might shove it onto ESPN classic perhaps?
leftyness is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 04:57 PM   #606
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooyong View Post
tejmeglekvár - You may look at it like that but in this case is it Eurosport not wanting the rights or is it the WTA being unable or willing to met Eurosports position?
- Old Eurosport contract was worth probably $10 million/year (or euro? idk). It wasnt good business for WTA.
- WTA set up a higher price and legit demands for example "X hour live tennis per week".
- Eurosport wants the rights with the old terms because tennis is one of their main product, thats why they already bought rights of few smaller ATP/WTA tournaments to fill their free time. But dont want to pay much for the Premiers. They are still good market position having rights of 3 slams.

C. Drone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #607
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

OK TennisChannel, this is your opportunity to pick up Bradnum, Smith, and Durie for regular season events and get rid of Katrina Adams forever. Don't blow it.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #608
country flag MARTYM8

MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice MARTYM8 is just really nice

Quote:
Yes they are showing the ATP from Brisbane

BUT do not give up hope

They have FA Cup Football scheduled for Saturday lunch

I know that ITV have the games on that Day so there may be space freed up on the Saturday
That is going to be the problem with giving any tennis to ESPN and BT vision in the UK – as they only have one sports channel each and also have football rights. Sky has four channels – and Eurosport have 2 to show coverage on.

During the football season from August to May they will always prioritise football on Saturdays and Sundays over live tennis. That means for any tennis events they cover in the European/middle east timezones none of the semis/finals (if it finishes on Sunday) are likely to be shown live.

The Abu Dhabi final for example on 29 December will be shown 5 hours after the event by EPSN – and that is likely to feature Djokovic vs Rafa or Murray. If they aren’t going to prioritise the top men’s players they certainly won’t prioritise WTA or smaller ATP finals over the footie.
MARTYM8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #609
country flag HiddenBagel

HiddenBagel is a name known to all HiddenBagel is a name known to all HiddenBagel is a name known to all HiddenBagel is a name known to all HiddenBagel is a name known to all HiddenBagel is a name known to all HiddenBagel is a name known to all HiddenBagel is a name known to all HiddenBagel is a name known to all HiddenBagel is a name known to all HiddenBagel is a name known to all

In a russian podcast sport-tv.podfm.ru, TV channel NTV+ was rumoured to had bought the rights to show WTA tournaments till 2016. But no official info yet, only rumours. If it's true, I'll have to buy satellite dish to watch the channel.
HiddenBagel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #610
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Paris website now working ES have a good coverage!

(Sadly this is the only P's they shows before Stuttgart...)

Old Dec 13th, 2012, 04:13 PM   #611
country flag PeppeontheNet

PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice PeppeontheNet is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Paris website now working ES have a good coverage!

(Sadly this is the only P's they shows before Stuttgart...)
They are probably talking of Eurosport France, which sometimes has a different schedule than Eurosport International
PeppeontheNet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #612
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordes View Post
They were a great team on Eurosport
Aren't Slams supposed to stay on ES?

Meaning Mats will be there, too
ivanban is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #613
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

14 days to go, and we don't know much.

Yes 3 GS's and 2 P's that all of bigger tournys they will show...

Old Dec 15th, 2012, 10:27 PM   #614
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

What are you complaining about? The WTA does have it all lined up..

http://www.wtatennis.com/tv-schedule

Now the question is, how can receive that mysterious network called TBA?

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #615
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future aussie_fan has a brilliant future

Wow, that page sums it up all up....

Alicia Molik|Sam Stosur|Nicole Pratt|Casey Dellacqua|Sophie Fergsuon|Monqiue Adamczak|Jess Moore|And the rest of the aussies

Also support: Ana Ivanovic| Maria Kirilenko| Misa Krajicek| Marion Bartoli| Jarmila Gajdosova| Lucie Safarova
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote