Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #256
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou View Post
There's nothing true about it.. Who's this guy?! :
Serena's been more competitive in her losses on red-clay than Maria's been in her losses on non-clay surfaces, yet you guys still carry hope. Let us be hopeful for Serena too, no?! She did it once, maybe she can get the old magic one more time.
More competitive maybe but she still failed to reach the semis of the FO over 10 years now.
Maria has already reached another Wimbledon final and another OZ final as well.
Anyway where the hell are you leading me ? I just said that the problem was more about her tennis than mental not that you can't hope about Serena's chances at all.

Last edited by doomsday : Dec 10th, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #257
country flag The Witch-king

The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute The Witch-king has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena's 2013 Clay Court Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashaMasha View Post
:hah a:

by the way , it looks like all these posters who were predicting 3-5 games maximum for Sharapova in this thread http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=122285 changed their accounts and are posting in this thread ......
I'm so confused.

EDIT: Not anymore .
The Witch-king is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #258
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
More competitive maybe but she still failed to reach the semis of the FO over 10 years now.
Maria has already reached another Wimbledon final and another OZ final as well.
Anyway where the hell are you leading me ? I just said that the problem was more about her tennis than mental not that you can't hope about Serena's chances at all.
still waiting for that other u.s. open final..

Anyways, we'll see how it goes. She already has one RG..and if she were to finish with just that one, okay..not too bad. Not when she was 6 wimby's, 6 oz opens, 5 or 6 u.s opens..
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #259
country flag ashleywilliam

ashleywilliam is just really nice ashleywilliam is just really nice ashleywilliam is just really nice ashleywilliam is just really nice ashleywilliam is just really nice ashleywilliam is just really nice ashleywilliam is just really nice ashleywilliam is just really nice ashleywilliam is just really nice ashleywilliam is just really nice ashleywilliam is just really nice

sareena is my favourite nd i think that is the best strategy for Serena's 2013 Clay Court Season
ashleywilliam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #260
country flag ~{X}~

~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute ~{X}~ has a reputation beyond repute

Serena needs to stay focused, engaged and hungry on the clay. That surface more than any other can get to you if you aren't confident on it because so much has to do with consistency, patience, attitude. If you aren't confident, it will show up in parts of the game, your serve won't do as much there as it does other places, you'll be forced to move more for shots, for longer periods of time.

She cannot let the little things frustrate her, she has to tune out the crowd and the environment around her. However she also needs to stay relaxed, I feel she becomes too tense at RG the minute something doesn't go to plan. She's been very close in 2009 and 2010 and arguably she may have even went on to win the title if she had won those QF's.

Ultimately it will take a combination of things for Serena to win, her mental focus, her fitness, her execution of play and a bit of luck.

Let's see what 2013 holds for her at RG!

CLIJSTERS 4 GRAND SLAMS!!!!
~{X}~ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #261
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
still waiting for that other u.s. open final..

Anyways, we'll see how it goes. She already has one RG..and if she were to finish with just that one, okay..not too bad. Not when she was 6 wimby's, 6 oz opens, 5 or 6 u.s opens..

Sharapova made US Open Semi not long ago and was competitive in it , and she didn't win her FO title from nowhere , she was in Semifinal in 2011 and lost only to eventual champion

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #262
country flag HRHoliviasmith

HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute HRHoliviasmith has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #263
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywilliam View Post
sareena is my favourite nd i think that is the best strategy for Serena's 2013 Clay Court Season
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #264
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sharapova made US Open Semi not long ago and was competitive in it , and she didn't win her FO title from nowhere , she was in Semifinal in 2011 and lost only to eventual champion
Yep, yep..now comes the hard part: backing up the results.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #265
country flag RVD

RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute RVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~{X}~tianuccio View Post
Serena needs to stay focused, engaged and hungry on the clay. That surface more than any other can get to you if you aren't confident on it because so much has to do with consistency, patience, attitude. If you aren't confident, it will show up in parts of the game, your serve won't do as much there as it does other places, you'll be forced to move more for shots, for longer periods of time.

She cannot let the little things frustrate her, she has to tune out the crowd and the environment around her. However she also needs to stay relaxed, I feel she becomes too tense at RG the minute something doesn't go to plan. She's been very close in 2009 and 2010 and arguably she may have even went on to win the title if she had won those QF's.

Ultimately it will take a combination of things for Serena to win, her mental focus, her fitness, her execution of play and a bit of luck.

Let's see what 2013 holds for her at RG!
Great post.
I agree on all points, especially in reference to the required "focus" and "patience".
I am going to make the assumption that she will be fit, conditioned, and healthy, entering RG.
As the clay season nears, it will be better to judge all aspect more clearly.

Thank you for a well though out and logical post, my fellow Serena fan.
The greatest scholars are not usually the wisest people. - Geoffrey Chaucer
RVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #266
country flag acetoace

acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute acetoace has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep, yep..now comes the hard part: backing up the results.

ha,ha,ha,ha....... answer to that do not require a Ph.D; I think an elementary school kid will figure that out just by looking at the records. At least Serena, Venus, Henin, Hingis & Kim can point to something on record for all to see and, to a large extent, also explains why fans have utmost respect for these caliber of players. What does pova have? NOTHING caliber worthy. Still rates as the greatest fraud in tennis history if u ask me....and that is being charitable to say the least!! To top it all, her fans actually expects informed tennis fans to equate pova with above players....what a joke

1. 2004 WB was 8yrs ago
2. 2006 USO was 6yrs ago
3. 2008 AO would be 5yrs in Jan 2013.
6. 2012 FO would be......oh well, I think u get the point

Fluke+fluke+fluke+fluke =FLUKE!

Asking why a pathetic vulture lacks the ability to backup a slam is like asking why it don't rain in the Sahara desert
acetoace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #267
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetoace View Post
ha,ha,ha,ha....... answer to that do not require a Ph.D; I think an elementary school kid will figure that out just by looking at the records. At least Serena, Venus, Henin, Hingis & Kim can point to something on record for all to see and, to a large extent, also explains why fans have utmost respect for these caliber of players. What does pova have? NOTHING caliber worthy. Still rates as the greatest fraud in tennis history if u ask me....and that is being charitable to say the least!! To top it all, her fans actually expects informed tennis fans to equate pova with above players....what a joke

1. 2004 WB was 8yrs ago
2. 2006 USO was 6yrs ago

Asking why a pathetic vulture lacks the ability to backup a slam is like asking why it don't rain in the Sahara desert
Wow. 4 flukes in a row? Did you take elementary school probability at all?

Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #268
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetoace View Post

1. 2004 WB was 8yrs ago
2. 2006 USO was 6yrs ago

Dead

Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #269
country flag MrProdigy555
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute MrProdigy555 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Serena has lost to the eventual champion of the French a few times, too.

Doesn't matter. They both only have one French Open. They're both in the boat for 2013. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2012, 02:10 AM   #270
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty laughable that people will contend to try to find a reason to say Sharapova > Serena. 9 match winning streak and 11 more slams don't mean anything I guess.

But of course, Serena thread has to be derailed and be filled with Sharapova mentions. It's getting really ridiculous and there are a few chief, consistent offenders. The whole Silver Slam thing screams inferiority complex - you guys need help.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote