Do exibitions have a hidden psychologic effect? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 06:35 PM   #16
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do exibitions have a hidden psychologic effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed View Post
Hasn't Serena has lost to Madison Keys in an exho? No.
Serena also lost to Oudin in an exhibition....twice
GOATdin0931 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #17
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that if you were used to playing matches where titles and $$ were on the line it would be hard to get motivated to play a match for fun.

But then again, I also don't see how you could go out in front of thousands of people and just lose to another player because you don't care.

Hit and giggle exhibitions are very en vogue right now. But the Hong Kong exo, grand slam cup, things at MSG, I can't see why a player wouldn't try to win in those venues.

CLEARLY Serena is the type of player who can summon her very best when she truly needs it, when huge things are on the line, and that makes her such a great champion. The difference in her level at tour events versus majors is already huge.
faboozadoo15 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #18
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Well, I must say I WAS happy when Ana beat Vinci in Milan recently, and I think she was, as well. Well, it was just an exhibition, but it was somehow important after that double-bagel, it did mean to her, I think. Losing to Vinci again on whatever basis wouldn't feel good, even if it was an exhibiton. It's nothing, but still it's a thing.
Linguae^ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 11:21 PM   #19
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

I think they probably have an effect on certain players. Like for example, Ana may have wanted to win over Vinci for her own pride since she lost so badly to her in Rogers Cup and she's such an emotional player. While a player like Maria doesn't like to lose anywhere, whether it be an exho or grand slam. Then there is Serena, who really could give zero fucks whether she wins or loses at these exho. She was telling reporters that she came to Brazil for bikinis...that should tell you where her head is at.
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #20
country flag Justin SW
Member of Rena's Army

Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute Justin SW has a reputation beyond repute

I actually do think serena uses exos to her own good. She intentionally loses to top players in exos to give them the impression they're on the right track towards beating her at a big event. She also uses that strategy in some MM tournaments...(ex: Sydney 2009 vs Dementieva) and then when it's crunch time...she reminds these players they're just walking byes and peasants.

Justin SW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #21
country flag ZeroSumGame

ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future ZeroSumGame has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarmed View Post
Hasn't Serena has lost to Madison Keys in an exho? No.
...and Oudin

Of all these girls Serena's the biggest shopping addict during exhos ...she goes for a little PR stuff, to collect a check, do some shopping & goof on twitter Good luck in reading too much into exhos
ZeroSumGame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #22
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

I think it depends of the player. I don't think Serena comes out of an exhibition match with anything in her mind at all lol. She just doesn't care in my opinion. I guess a player who has something to prove will be proud to beat an opponent. I suppose some players are trying harder in exo against a certain player but in general I think it's all fun. Sharapova always comes out fighting, wanting to win whatever the match is or whoever she's facing tho but it's more of her natural fighting spirit than her wanting to prove anything. I have a feeling Serena would care if she'd be facing Sharapova in an exo but for some reason it has never really happened? Which is strange since they are the 2 biggest name in women tennis these days.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #23
country flag Nabalonge

Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincey! View Post
I think it depends of the player. I don't think Serena comes out of an exhibition match with anything in her mind at all lol. She just doesn't care in my opinion. I guess a player who has something to prove will be proud to beat an opponent. I suppose some players are trying harder in exo against a certain player but in general I think it's all fun. Sharapova always comes out fighting, wanting to win whatever the match is or whoever she's facing tho but it's more of her natural fighting spirit than her wanting to prove anything. I have a feeling Serena would care if she'd be facing Sharapova in an exo but for some reason it has never really happened? Which is strange since they are the 2 biggest name in women tennis these days.
You are trying to have it both ways. In your opinion, Serena doesn't care about an exhibition, then you do an about face and say she would care if Maria were the other player. Which is it? I mean you say someone who has something to prove would care. What does Serena have to prove when going up against Maria that would have her suddenly caring?

Nabalonge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 03:40 AM   #24
Serenita

Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute Serenita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo St View Post
im talking about exhos against your main rivals, the ones who can take from you or give you carreer defining trophies
In Serena's case, What rivalry?
Your looking for something that isn't there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech1 View Post
"Jesus take the wheel"
Serenita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 03:48 AM   #25
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best I Ever Had View Post
I actually do think serena uses exos to her own good. She intentionally loses to top players in exos to give them the impression they're on the right track towards beating her at a big event. She also uses that strategy in some MM tournaments...(ex: Sydney 2009 vs Dementieva) and then when it's crunch time...she reminds these players they're just walking byes and peasants.
I agree for the most part. But then again I think players like Azarenka and Radwanska are smart enough to realize that beating Serena in an exo doesn't mean shit

But Dementieva's a good example. Going into their 09 AO semifinal she had beaten Serena like three straight times or something and she must have felt like she had a great chance to win (she ended up losing in straights).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenita View Post
In Serena's case, What rivalry?
Your looking for something that isn't there...
Serena has rivals. She just owns them

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2012, 03:49 AM   #26
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguehi View Post
You are trying to have it both ways. In your opinion, Serena doesn't care about an exhibition, then you do an about face and say she would care if Maria were the other player. Which is it? I mean you say someone who has something to prove would care. What does Serena have to prove when going up against Maria that would have her suddenly caring?
What I'm saying is that it depends of each player. A player like Maria never wants to lose so she'll try her hardest to win no matter what. Serena on the other hand clearly has not a fuck to give about exos result. What I'm wondering tho is seeing how Serena is always so focused and determined when she plays Sharapova, what would her motivation be if she'd face her in an exo as it never happened, at least not in the recent years. That was just something I was wondering that I don't have the answer. If you want my opinion really clear then only read this...It depends of each player.

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 04:39 AM   #27
country flag Nabalonge

Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute Nabalonge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What I'm saying is that it depends of each player. A player like Maria never wants to lose so she'll try her hardest to win no matter what. Serena on the other hand clearly has not a fuck to give about exos result. What I'm wondering tho is seeing how Serena is always so focused and determined when she plays Sharapova, what would her motivation be if she'd face her in an exo as it never happened, at least not in the recent years. That was just something I was wondering that I don't have the answer. If you want my opinion really clear then only read this...It depends of each player.
I get that your opinion is all over the place and depends on which angle you wish to present Maria in. Especially as some beacon of eternal motivation on Serena's part. Weird since as your early opinion states, Serena doesn't care about exhibitions... haven't you answered your question?

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 04:48 AM   #28
country flag Vincey!

Quote:
I get that your opinion is all over the place and depends on which angle you wish to present Maria in. Especially as some beacon of eternal motivation on Serena's part. Weird since as your early opinion states, Serena doesn't care about exhibitions... haven't you answered your question?
omg aren't you obsessed! It is not about Sharapova nor even Serena, I just used those 2 as examples cuz they are playing alot of exhibitions. I think Serena doesn't care about exos match, Maria does, she's constantly in a fighting spirit. What I'm wondering is how Serena would react if she'd play an exo against Maria. Seeing how determined Serena is to beat Sharapova I'd be more inclined thinking she'd go at it more focused. I don't wanna present Maria nor Serena in any angle! lol I don't get how you can think it would benefit either player in what I'm saying?
I find it weird that they never played an exo against eachothers tho, them being the 2 biggest name in women tennis and playing tons of exos each years. I'm sure one of them or both don't fancy playing eachothers and that's why we haven't seen that. NOW you can have your own opinion in which you think whatever you want about Serena's attitude toward exos and toward a potential exo match against Sharapova.

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 05:11 AM   #29
country flag Nabalonge

Quote:
omg aren't you obsessed! It is not about Sharapova nor even Serena, I just used those 2 as examples cuz they are playing alot of exhibitions. I think Serena doesn't care about exos match, Maria does, she's constantly in a fighting spirit. What I'm wondering is how Serena would react if she'd play an exo against Maria. Seeing how determined Serena is to beat Sharapova I'd be more inclined thinking she'd go at it more focused. I don't wanna present Maria nor Serena in any angle! lol I don't get how you can think it would benefit either player in what I'm saying?
I find it weird that they never played an exo against eachothers tho, them being the 2 biggest name in women tennis and playing tons of exos each years. I'm sure one of them or both don't fancy playing eachothers and that's why we haven't seen that. NOW you can have your own opinion in which you think whatever you want about Serena's attitude toward exos and toward a potential exo match against Sharapova.
You are mighty defensive for someone with a shifty stance. I am simply amused by that. You've obviously thought long and hard about this, and maybe one day you will get your wish for such an exhibition.

Old Dec 10th, 2012, 05:19 AM   #30
country flag Vincey!

Quote:
You are mighty defensive for someone with a shifty stance. I am simply amused by that. You've obviously thought long and hard about this, and maybe one day you will get your wish for such an exhibition.

lol I don't get why you couldn't understand the fact that it's different from each player and yes there might be a difference for each player depending on who's their opponent. It's not shifty it's just how it is, everyone is not the same and you can't put them all in the same basket and say everyone cares about exo or nobody cares about exos. That'd be a lie. The problem is that you thought I was trying to make Sharapova sounds better than Serena or something which is so weird cuz I don't understand what there is to be better in this case....you were looking for drama a bit too hard.