All That Jazzi: Jazzi Plews - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 14th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #16
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of
Re: Jazzi Plews

keep progressing

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 15th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #17
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

As of today she's 111 in the world. So good to see her progressing so well. Even if she doesn't play for the rest of the year, she'll be top 100 once the 1994 players are taken off the ranking list.

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 11:07 PM   #18
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Plews ranked third in world after Brazil trip : http://www.beverleyguardian.co.uk/sp...trip-1-5041175

Plews’ father and coach, Richard isn’t surprised at his daughter’s sensational year.

“I’m not shocked to see how well she’s doing,” said Plews.

“She has come on a lot recently but I think that has come through her physical development which has happened naturally as she’s grown up.

“She’s always achieved nationally and internationally and won significant ranking tournaments so it’s nothing more than she deserves.”
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #19
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzi certainly looking like one to watch. Gabby Taylor has done well in her junior events so far and Maia not so bad but slipped off a bit recently

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #20
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

I've been following Jazzi's results these past few months. You guys are lucky, she really does seem like she could be good! I noticed that at the G4 Flower Bulb Tournament in July she comfortably beat Lizette Cabrera and Priscilla Hon who are two of Australia's three best youngsters of the same age group.

I've done some research to find out more about her. She's been living in Barcelona since September 2010, where she trains at the famous Sanchez-Casal Tennis Academy. She's clearly trying to take the same route as Andy Murray, and so far it's working! I guess that also explains why all her ITF tournaments have been on clay. It's definitely unusual for a British player. Here's a video interview with her earlier in the year at the Sanchez-Casal Tennis Academy.

I know it's still early days but to have such a great winning record in juniors initially is a great sign, especially seeing as generally the scorelines are very convincing. It'll be interesting to see how she goes at some higher level junior events in 2013 and maybe she can even play some $10K pro events.
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #21
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

I may as well post some photos as there aren't any yet in the thread.

Old Nov 26th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #22

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

Jazzi is currently playing the Eddie Herr International and has won her first round against Chiara Grimm 26 61 64. She faces Sutjiadi of Indonesia in the second round. Keep it up Jazzi!

Old Nov 29th, 2012, 05:53 AM   #23
BlueTrees

2R: Aldila Sutjiadi (INA) d. Jazzi Plews (GBR) 16 64 63

She's playing Orange Bowl next week!
Old Nov 29th, 2012, 06:10 PM   #24

Jazzi Still, I consider that a successful step up to grade 1 events. Let's hope for a favourable draw next week too.

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #25
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #26
country flag Embittered

Re: All That Jazzi: Jazzi Plews

OMG.

A new nadir for Jazzi in an awful year. Retreats to a Polish G4, and as top seed, loses to a qualifier in R1. What's happened to her?

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tou...tid=1100028200
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #27
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

been really struggling of late

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2014, 10:42 AM   #28
country flag Embittered

After a long hiatus, Jazzi is on the entry list for Lanzarote 10K (20 Jan). I guess it's doubtful she'll get in even if she doesn't withdraw: she's 140th alt at the moment.

Anyone seen anything about what happened last year, and whether she'll be able to get back on track?
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 06:11 PM   #29
country flag Embittered

Lanzarote 10K QR2 (after a bye):
1245 SWE GRANSTROM, Emilia [1] d. GBR PLEWS, Jazzi 7-6(3) 2-6 6-0
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 03:49 AM   #30

That's a decent showing after her tough year last year. I know she has the talent. The results will come soon.