Ana Konjuh - Page 63 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 04:41 AM   #931
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of
Re: Ana Konjuh

Ana is doing extremely well for her age, but you have to remember everyone develops at a different rate. We are still yet to see if Ana can do well at seniors yet alone become as good as Vekic.
binky-GOAT is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #932
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

The advantage that Ana has is that she can play on all surfaces. When Donna gets into the Top 100 and when she is able to play a full schedule, it will really damage her ranking not being able to win Clay Court matches
Ana won't have this problem, in fact will thrive on the clay
I would love to see Ana vs Donna

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #933
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
Vekic was never close to take even G1 title.
What are you smoking honey - last year she played a G1 final and lost in 3 That's pretty darn close to winning it.

- - -

When it comes to Konjuh vs Vekic comparissons, let's be patient. Yes, Ana seems to have more variety, but what we've seen from her was almost exclusively played at junior events. Seniors are a whole other story and we're yet to see how Ana will adapt, especially when the time comes for 25k's and above. Also, the two girls in question are totally different in terms of style, so it's really difficult to compare them. One thing I see as a major issue in Ana's game is probably her serve, which is not completely terrible, but is not exactly reliable, or at least it wasn't in the matches I've seen. She could never really utilize it as a serious weapon on a consistent basis.

Anyway, I think that by the end of next year we'll have a much clearer picture of the two players, but for now I'd restrain from comparissons. Potential is just that; as one college professor once said "when you're told you have a lot of potential, you're actually being told you're currently worth nothing" - a bit harsh, but not far from truth.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #934
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Ana served better than Townsend, who has big serve, and you tell as that serve is weaknest...

Last edited by juan pablo : Dec 9th, 2012 at 08:34 AM.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #935
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

ma re
One thing I see as a major issue in Ana's game is probably her serve, which is not completely terrible, but is not exactly reliable, or at least it wasn't in the matches I've seen. She could never really utilize it as a serious weapon on a consistent basis.

http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/

Konjuh's big serve and penetrating shots kept Townsend on defense more than she is accustomed to being, and once the seventh-seeded Konjuh began to get a feel for her left-handed opponent's serve and patterns, she took control of the match.

...so..I realy don't understand your coments about Ana's serve...
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #936
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ana served better than Townsend, who has big serve, and you tell as that serve is weaknest...
I said that's the impression I got after watching Ana in some matches, which was only 2 or 3 times. She might've had a less than great serving day on those occasions, so I was much more impressed with her grounstrokes (backhand in particular) and volleys than I was with her serve. People keep saying that she has a really good serve, but I can't say I've seen too much of it in action. Although I don't have stats, I wasn't under the impression that her serve pctg in those matches was particularly good, and her serve looked quite inconsistent. Of course, we'll all be ready for better assessments after watching her in more matches.
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #937
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

This is so fantastic, I really hope she wins another match.
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #938
country flag ma re

Lauren Davis is the only player so far who won Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl back to back, in 2011. There were other players who won both tournaments, but never in the same year. Of course this doesn't have to mean anything, as some girls who've won one of these tournaments never really made anything spectacular, but some went on to become big stars (Cibulkova, Ivanovic, Kournikova, Jankovic, Evert, Wozniacki, Zvonareva, Fernandez, Dementieva, Sabatini...). Today is definately the biggest day so far in Ana's career.

Good luck kid! Go out there and make history
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #939
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #940
country flag ma re

Quote:
Yeah, my typo.

P. S. Latest article on ITF website...http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/new...e-a-final.aspx
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #941
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Ana won the 1st set 6-3!!!!
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #942
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Yeah!!!! Keep it up!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #943
country flag ma re

So far, soooo good On a side note, this is Ana's 17th and Siniakova's 19th match in the past two weeks, so Ana should at least be slightly more fresh.
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #944
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

http://www.ezstream.com/play/index.c...924DB&ptype=sl

radio broadcast

6:3 3:0 and serve for Ana

Last edited by ivananda : Dec 9th, 2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: wrong result
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #945
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Ana rolling over Siniakova...
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread