Orange Bowl International Tennis Championship, USA, GA - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 8th, 2012, 06:47 PM   #151
country flag juki

juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Orange Bowl International Tennis Championship, USA, GA

If my math is right, Katerina would end the year with #1 ranking if she wins the final and Taylor loses her doubles semi (playing now). The final points tally would be Katerina with 1378.75 points and Taylor 1360.

Would be shocking if Taylor and Gabby lost to Dunne/Makarova though...
juki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 8th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #152
country flag simonsaystennis
Team USA

simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute simonsaystennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juki View Post
If my math is right, Katerina would end the year with #1 ranking if she wins the final and Taylor loses her doubles semi (playing now). The final points tally would be Katerina with 1378.75 points and Taylor 1360.

Would be shocking if Taylor and Gabby lost to Dunne/Makarova though...
What I'm confused about is that at the beginning of the tourney they said Taylor had to reach the finals in order to secure number 1, but then the USTA released something after she reached the semis that she had clinched it. I would think they wouldn't have released that news had they not been 100% sure, but who knows.

Regardless of the loss, it's been a great year for Taylor. She has loads to be proud of and I'm really looking forward to seeing how her game progresses as she plays more on the pro tour. Am I the only one that thinks playing the junior slams might still be a good idea for her though? I'm a huge proponent of players not lingering in juniors, however it is not like Taylor is dominating at this level in singles. She has had some great singles results of course, but her doubles results are what have really locked up number one for her. It might be a good idea for her to complement a pro-heavy schedule with just playing the junior slams. Sloane and Melanie both did that at 17 if I remember correctly.

Konjuh is really someone to watch out for. Sounds like she's matured a ton both physically and in her game... I'll be interested to see how she does this next year.

Vandeweghe ~ Mattek-Sands ~ King ~ Hampton ~ Riske ~ Glatch ~ Capra ~ Albanese ~ Brengle ~ Craybas ~ Rogers ~ Stephens ~ Boserup ~ Davis ~ Keys ~ Hardebeck ~ Brodsky ~ Gibbs ~ Pegula ~ Min ~ Townsend ~ Duval ~ Vickery ~Kiick
simonsaystennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #153
country flag juki

juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute juki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaystennis View Post
What I'm confused about is that at the beginning of the tourney they said Taylor had to reach the finals in order to secure number 1, but then the USTA released something after she reached the semis that she had clinched it. I would think they wouldn't have released that news had they not been 100% sure, but who knows.
Yup, USTA is right On her ITF profile page, they don't add in her 180 doubles bonus points, so they show her points total as 1300 and not 1345 as rankings reflect. I went of the 1300 number, my mistake.
juki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 07:45 PM   #154
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

Well Gabby and Taylor won, so I guess it doesn't matter now

Taylor could have an amazing doubles career IMO
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #155
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Ana
I can't believe Marcella lost
Time for Ana to retrieve Anett's title

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #156
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

I got Taylor being 40-4 in junior doubles this year
Barktra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #157
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Ana

Marcela I actually don't like Siniakova
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #158
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodin0931 View Post
I actually don't like Siniakova
Why?
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #159
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodin0931 View Post
Ana

Marcela I actually don't like Siniakova
I don't mind her
Although I think she is way overranked

Old Dec 8th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #160
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I don't mind her
Although I think she is way overranked
I'm usually sick about your opinions of different players being overranked or overrated, but I have to admit that anyone winning the Osaka GA is overranked.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #161
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sara Sorribes should have played this. She is the reigning U16 European Champion beating Siniakova easily in the final. Since Orange Bowl is played on claycourts again she could have done some damage here.
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #162
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
I'm usually sick about your opinions of different players being overranked or overrated, but I have to admit that anyone winning the Osaka GA is overranked.
I personally have a different opinion on the rankings.
I think more emphasis on Grand Slams is needed, that's why I often complain
But to tell you the truth, I think that the rankings are pretty appropriate right now, with Konjuh, Abanda, Kontaveit, Bouchard, Townsend and Lottner all being Top 10

Old Dec 9th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #163
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Sara Sorribes should have played this. She is the reigning U16 European Champion beating Siniakova easily in the final. Since Orange Bowl is played on claycourts again she could have done some damage here.
Could have done some damage? I think she would've been the big favorite to take the title Sara doesn't give a shit about juniors and I think that's the right choice. If she did, she would've been a big threat to any top player on clay though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I think more emphasis on Grand Slams is needed, that's why I often complain
But to tell you the truth, I think that the rankings are pretty appropriate right now, with Konjuh, Abanda, Kontaveit, Bouchard, Townsend and Lottner all being Top 10
True, I don't get why tournaments like Osaka or Abierto Juvenil have the same ranking system as the Grand Slams It's just dumb.
Yeah, the top 10 looks well, but I think Siniakova, Bencic and Uberalova deserves to be there too. Plus, any of the girls ranked between #11 and #15 (Zhao, Danilina, Zacarias, Crawford, Vickery) seems better then any player ranked #16 - #25

Last edited by Dan_Doe : Dec 9th, 2012 at 12:31 AM.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 02:37 AM   #164
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Well the winners of Grand Slams get double the points of the winners of regular GAs. For example winning a Grand Slam you get 500 points but for winning the Orange Bowl you only get 250.
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #165
country flag chingching

I can't believe that Varvara Flink's Final at Abierto Jiuveinl got the same amount of points as Anna Karolina's French Open Final, Elina Svitolina's Wimbledon final and Anett's US Open Final
Also, they need either to make Grand Slams a seperate category above GA or have less or even no GAs besides Grand Slams :0) I mean some of the Grand Slams are so strong